Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28412 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #255 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:50 pm »

Turn 17

Adventurers, sailors, and Sitcher all made last minute preperations before the Kraken arrived. A small sailor boy saw it first, while high on one of the masts. "IT'S COMING! FROM THE SOUTHWEST!" Everybody scrambled to that side of their boats, and the nearest boats saw the dark shadow under the water. It was the Kraken all right. 8 tentacles, and 2 long, spidly arms, and one giant, nightmare-inducing eye. It looked like it was staring into every person at once, staring straight into their souls. With a giant wave, the Kraken entered the middle of the circle of boats, sitting there, contemplating its next move.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: none
CA: Quick Reflexes (3)
You soften your body up, ready to deform it at the slightest hint of an attack, but the constant splashing of saltwater on your sandy body was making it difficult to hold yourself together in your softened state. You harden your skin to the ocean, and forgo the extra dodge that a softer body could do
failure

Daisypants:
NCA: climb onto the bowsprit (2)
The rigging hadn't moved itself since your last attempt, and it was just as difficult to get to your intended destination.
CA: none

Marco Ruyn:

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: Spot the Kraken (2)
You can tell that your eyesight had rapidly detiriorated since you died. All colors had vanished, and all that was left was a blurry field of gray, growing indistinct more than a few feet in front of you. As such, it was impossible for you to see the Kraken coming.

HeadChopper:
NCA: Prepare to attack (1)
You stand up on your hind 4 legs, preparing to put power in your next strike, but your feet slip on the wet decking, and you tumble onto the ground.

Grug:
NCA: get away from the people (4)
You move to the stern, as far away from the ship's captain as you could. You huddled into a corner of the railing. There were too many people here.

Bruce the Hero:
NCA: ship 11 (free teleport)
CA: none (Kraken is not here till next turn, and even then, he's submerged)

Sitcher:
CA: Magic Eye (4)
He tries his magic again, this time, focusing energy into a white, glowing orb. The orb traveled towards the Kraken, and a stream of faint, white, light connected the orb with the tip of his staff.
success

Kraken

The Kraken arrived in the middle of all the ships, still underwater. He examined all the ships carefully, not making any attacks yet.

Kraken

Status

Currently Submerged

Attacking no ships

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 200/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, all attacks by the Kraken have a -1 modifier
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Bruce the Hero, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Fixed last post. Ship 7 is unattackable for 3 turns.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2017, 04:57:52 pm »

Zombie Young Johnny
Make noise attract the giant octopus attention.
Quick Strike any tentacle that comes near you.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »

I did Deep Breathing. Would an arrow shot now still be a guaranteed hit, despite the fact that it's submerged? If yes, shot to the eye. Otherwise, quick reflexes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 04, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »

Archers cannot target it while submerged. Only magic attacks. This thing has no armor, so I wanted a way for mages to keep up in the exp count.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 04, 2017, 05:08:50 pm »

Headchopper

NCA:Stand up and click pincers threateningly at the kraken.

CA:Quick strike the limb that Young Johnny attacks. If I can't, Quick Strike to another part I can reach.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:45:52 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2017, 05:09:25 pm »

Damn it, I've been busy all day and couldn't post my action. Also, you forgot the prophecy.( I spoke out-loud a dark prophecy as part of my previous action, just call it my action for last turn.)

Marco Ruyn

Three times damn it, I took to long laying the ice, well, better than the fools who waited dumbfounded.

Very well then,  NCA:Climb the rigging and reach the crow's nest. Then shoot a magic bolt of lightning straight for the Eye (CA:Magic bolt aiming at the eye

This may be a bit much but I think it would help even out the mages, can we have some NCA spells, like darkness to lower the chance of hits landing, and some ways to temporarily immobilize a limb. We've seen mages preform magic out of battle, and even though it was only for story purposes, like I said above, it would make mages more even with the others and could create some support abilities besides heal.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:34:08 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2017, 05:19:09 pm »

Archers cannot target it while submerged. Only magic attacks. This thing has no armor, so I wanted a way for mages to keep up in the exp count.
Fair. Reflexes it is, then.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2017, 06:42:19 pm »

Just in time for my mage to be dead! Ha. Well, I suppose I'll do something different and try for the mast. After all, the bowsprit appears to disagree with me. A lot.

Whoops, formally this time:

NCA: Climb The Mast!
CA: Target of opportunity---if the eye is available, shoot it with my bow. If not, shoot anything that shows itself above the surface of the water.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:28:39 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2017, 06:51:30 pm »

Damn it, I've been busy all day and couldn't post my action. Also, you forgot the prophecy.( I spoke out-loud a dark prophecy as part of my previous action, just call it my action for last turn.)
Hold your horses. I was going to make you and Abdul read your prophecies together after the battle. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it.
This may be a bit much but I think it would help even out the mages, can we have some NCA spells, like darkness to lower the chance of hits landing, and some ways to temporarily immobilize a limb. We've seen mages preform magic out of battle, and even though it was only for story purposes, like I said above, it would make mages more even with the others and could create some support abilities besides heal.

Non-Combat Actions are completely arbitrary. I come up with them on a whim based on what makes sense (like a more traditional RTD) The Combat actions are set with defined rules and boundries, so your death and damage doesn't seem unfair. If you really want a NCA to have a specific effect, mention it, and I'll decide if your roll is good enough to grant that bonus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2017, 06:56:49 pm »

Ok, but what if one or both of us die?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:08:15 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2017, 12:03:46 am »

Turn 18

The Kraken had arrived, but was just sitting there, below the surface. The standoff lasted for half-a-minute, before Sitcher let out a warcry, and unleashed a purple, pulsating bomb of energy at the Kraken. The bomb exploded right in the Kraken's eye. Everybody else immediately came into actions, including the Kraken. It pulsed a hige mass of water out of it's back end, propelling it towards ship 11 with incredible speed.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
CA: Quick Reflexes (4)
With the ship recovering from the entrance of the Kraken into the battlefield, you try again to prepare to dodge incoming attacks, You soften your body, allowing your body to deform around any potential attacks.
-1 to all attacks against you (2 turns)

Daisypants:
NCA: climb the mast (4)
You get into a much more convienient position, the top of a mast. You balance your nimble elf self on the crossbar, and witness the dark shade of the Kraken heading towards ship 11. From this height, the Kraken would have a hard time reaching you.
-1 to all attacks against you while in this position
CA: none (The Kraken surfaces during his turn)

Marco Ruyn:
NCA: Climb to the crows nest (5)
Climbing had always been a particularly strong skill of yours, and this moment was no exception. You climb the rigging up into the crows nest, where you have an excellent position for some sniping.
+1 to all ranged attacks from this position (if the Kraken is attacking your boat, you lose this bonus)
CA: Magic Bold eye (1+1-1=1)
You ready your staff, and unleash a small bolt of concentrated ice at the Kraken's eye. Your bolt freezes a small tunnel into the ocean, traveling down it's own tunnel. The Kraken notices it coming, however, and twists its body away completely, causing your attack to miss. The ice tunnel bobs up to the surface, before it melts in the warm ocean. The Kraken uses it's tentacles to create an undercurrent aimed at your ship.
Free Attack: Wave Ship 7 (6)
the wave reaches peak heght right before breaking over the deck of the ship you were standing on. However, the ice you created earlier slows down the wave in key points, causing the wave to strike in several light burst, rather than one massive one. You use this to your advantage and strike back.
Free Attack: Magic Bolt eye (3+1-1=3)
You try again, this time with a magma elemental bolt. The superheated rock plummets into the ocean, instantly vaporizing the saltwater. It is a direct hit right on the Kraken's eye, but the magma had cooled into a rock by the time it reached the Kraken, only doing minor damage.
15 damage to eye

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: Make noises to alert the Kraken (4)
You howl, groan, and in general make whatever noises your vocal chords are still capable of making. With your head inside your coffin, you can't see were it is, but you smell it clearly. And it is coming your way anyways.
CA: none (it emerges during it's turn

HeadChopper:
NCA: Look Threatning (3)
You snap your pincers in rhythem, left, right, left, right. To other lobsters, it would be terrifying, but to everybody else, it just looks kind of cute.
CA: none (It emerges during it's turn)

Sitcher:
CA: Magic Blast (5-1-1=3)
The advanced mage launches his purple, pulsating orb into the deep, following the light path he created previously, striking the eye, and detonating with extreme violence. The Kraken reels, and attacks the ship with renewed determination.
80 damage to eye

Kraken

The Kraken was changing into a scarlet color, before emerging from the water around ship 11. It's tentacles came out, and started crawling up the sides of the ship. But the brave warriors were not stirred.
CA: Grapple Ship 11 (6)
The tetacles tightened around the ship's hull preparing to bring it into the ocean.
success

Kraken

Status

Currently Emerged
Attacking ship 11

Head HP: 3000/3000
Eye HP: 105/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, all attacks by the Kraken have a -1 modifier
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 100/100
Ship 7: 100/100 (Immune 2 turns)
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 100/100
Ship 11: 100/100 (grappled)
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Bruce the Hero, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Keep in mind, the Kraken needs a 4 or higher to destroy ship 11.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2017, 12:10:48 am »

Headchopper

NCA:None.

CA:Light Attack Tentacle 1.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2017, 05:21:23 am »

Zombie young Johnny
Heavy Strike to tentacle 1
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2017, 06:40:55 am »

Marco Ruyn

NCA: Begin working on analyzing every move Sitcher made to learn how to preform his spells.
CA: Another Magic bolt to the beasts eye.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2017, 06:55:02 am »

Shoot it in the eye.
Please recall Deep Breathing. :D
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29