Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28360 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) Fight a Dragon!
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:57 pm »

BTW: Is it possible to make called shots at the eyes? Y'know, for blinding purposes (it'd probably take a decent modifier downward, though).

Not unless I make that a specific skill later on.

I'm trying to keep the combat actions as unarbitrary as possible.

CA: Shoot for that dragon's right front leg.
With magic bolt, or magic beam? Please specify which attack you are using.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2017, 09:52:10 pm »

Heh duh.

Maybe I shouldn't be posting when tired. I'm going to go edit that. I'll be attacking with Magic Bolt.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2017, 10:02:08 pm »

BTW: Is it possible to make called shots at the eyes? Y'know, for blinding purposes (it'd probably take a decent modifier downward, though).
Not unless I make that a specific skill later on.

I'd be interested in a skill like that. Guard's -1 on the dragon's attacks should be on my modifiers list, right?

Werther

As he crouched in the rubble, Werther ever so slightly bared his teeth in anticipation. The executions and the fights were what he was trained for, but this was what he was born for.

Combat action:Pommel Strike to the head.

Noncombat action:Back into the shadows and hide somewhere else before the dragon can retaliate. Time to play hide-and-seek, dragon.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:23:01 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2017, 05:33:38 am »

young Johnny
Get out of the tower and sneak near the dragon.
Heavy strike to a leg when is distracted.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2017, 05:55:10 am »

Burklaif
Non-Combat Action: Concentrate
Combat Action: Shoot at the right wing.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2017, 02:06:09 pm »

Pommel Strike
How would a pommel strike work when you're a dinosaur? Is it a headbutt?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »

ABDUL

NCA: Read Dark PROPHECY from the scroll!

CA: SELF HEAL
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (Anyone Can Join!!) Fight a Minotaur!
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2017, 02:14:22 pm »

He had them practicing quickly rolling to the right and left while he talked to Johnny, explaining the form of quickly striking a foe with the pommel of their sword. Werther watched intently, mimicking the effect by whipping his tail on the training dummy.

Origamiscienceguy wrote it as a tail whip here.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »

Turn 9

The battle raged on. With a few near-death experiences already under the adventurers' belts, they came out of the shadows to attack in earnest.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Retreat to tall tower (1)
You scramble away from the dragon's feet, but your cloak was caught under a heavy piece of stone. Your neck and upper body snap back while your legs kept running, leading you to flop on your back. Ashes fly up from your impact and get stuck in your eyes. In frustration, you yank your cloak free, then lay still, hoping the dragon didn't see you.
-1 to next turn's actions
CA: None

Werther:
CA: Pommel Strike to head (6+1=6)
You wait patiently while the dragon brings his head closer and closer to your hiding spot, investigaring for the cry of pain he heard. A cry meant an injured animal, and an injured animal meant a fun toy. However, this Dinosaur was no toy. From the shadows, Werther swings his whole body around, striking the Dragon's lower jaw with the full whip-like force of his tail. There is a loud *crunch* heard as the lower jaw dislocates and fractures in several spots, and a squishing sound heard as the Dragon bites its own tongue. The dragon sits still for a moment, in shock. But then it retaliates, snaking its head inside the rubble and chomping.
200 damage to Head
Free attack: bite (6-1=6)
The blind attack was successful, as Werther did not have room to maneuver much in his hiding spot. The Dragon's jaws snap shut on Werther's body. The teeth individually puncture through multiple internal organs as the vice-like jaw closes. Werther struggles weakly as his broken, bloody body is dragged out of the rubble. Blood from the Dragon and from Werther leaves a trail of red as his dying body is dragged along the cobbles. With one last defiant roar, Werther moves no more. The dragon tosses his body into the lake, and it slowly floats away in a river of crimson.
300 damage to Werther. Werther is dead
NCA: none

Young Johnny:
NCA: Sneak towards the dragon (6)
You climb down the tower and sneak so quietly and meticulously, that you don't quite get to your target location in time. However, you are in the perfect position for a strong, surprise attack soon.
+2 to your next attack
CA: none

Burklaif:
NCA: Concentrate (3)
You do your method of concentration that you did earlier, and you successfully drown out all distractions in preparation for your next shot.
+1 to your next attack
CA: Shoot Right wing (1+1=1)
You draw back your bow, but the sight of Werther's dead body being tossed aside like a chew toy haunts your memories. You rush the shot, and miss wildly. The arrow passes in front of the Dragon's vision. He looks straight at you.
Free attack: Fire Breath (1-1=1)
The dragon could not see where the arrow came from, but he guessed your location incorrectly. His flames miss you entirely, and his exposed head is perfect for a retaliation shot.
Free attack: arrow shot to head (2)
But the thought of the dead dinosaur still distracts you from making an accurate shot. The arrow whizzes behind the dragon's head, and he doesn't notice it.

Ewler
NCA: Run for distant cover (5)
You snap out of your still posture, and run for a distant stone structure. It seems like this was a guard tower at some point. There is optimal cover in every direction. A great place to start dealing some damage.
-1 to all attacks against you while in this location
CA: Magic bolt to right-front leg (6)
You think of the dead plants, and your anger fuels your magical powers. You draw back, and release a bolt of concentrated electricity at the Dragon's leg. He notices the bolt, and watches it, intrigued. It strikes his the upper part of his front-right leg, releasing thousands of volts inside the nervous system there. The Dragon screams in pain, but the shock passes quickly. The leg seems undamaged, but there is some significant damage underneath the scales.
60 damage to right-front leg
Free attack: fire breath (4-1=3)
The dragon shoots a beam of fire at you once he recovers. You duck down behind a battlement, but the heat of the surrounding air is enough to ignite you. You yelp in surprise.
40 damage to Ewler, Ewler is on Fire

Abdul:
NCA: read dark prophecy from scroll (2)
You read one of the scrolls, careful not to let it catch on fire, (because your entire body is on fire). But it is just some generic fortune-cookie tale about a dragon destroying a fishing village. Nothing major.
CA: heal self (5-1=4)
You use your staff, and copy what the cleric did, rapidly healing your burning flesh faster than the flames can destroy it.
40 damage healed, 10 damage taken (from fire)

Dragon

NCA: Run to Ewler's location (2)
The dragon runs towards Ewler, and makes it about halfway before getting impatient and shooting another blast of flames
CA: Fire Breath Ewler (5-1=4)
Ewler had just stood up to look for the Dragon when another blast of flames hit him straight in the face. The force of the flames tossed him backwards off of the tower, where the fall snapped his neck. His corpse slowly burned away.
80 damage to Ewler, Ewler is dead

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 400/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 500/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 290/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 0/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

Permanently grounded
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Ouch. Two deaths in one turn. At least you both went down swinging. Feel free to make a new character, or ragequit this game if that's how you feel.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:29:48 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »

You may now post.

[/size]I didn't see Abdul posted his turn. this might change things. Hold up while I edit everything.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:30:41 pm by origamiscienceguy »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2017, 02:30:23 pm »

Alright, you can post now. Nothing major changed. Werther and Ewil are still dead.  :-[

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2017, 02:34:30 pm »

Too bad. At least I hit him really hard on the way out.

*Edit, here's my new character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Legsnapper

Noncombat action:Run up to the dragon.
Combat action:Heavy Attack the front right leg.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:22:41 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2017, 02:51:24 pm »

Young Johnny
Move closer to the tail
Heavy strike to the tail
"This is for the dino"
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (Anyone Can Join!!)
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2017, 03:30:19 pm »

Name: Saraket
[...]
Sand elemental, wears a blindfold...
Ashes fly up from your impact and get stuck in your eyes.
Um... something here seems incongruous.

Anyway, get to a sniping position/hiding spot, carefully.
Use quick reflexes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2017, 03:36:22 pm »

You never specified where you were wearing the blindfold. I assumed you used it as a loincloth.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29