Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28346 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (Anyone Can Join!!) Fight a Minotaur!
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 09:04:06 am »

Yea, Burklaif is a nice guy good doggy.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 09:32:13 am »

Johnny is suicidal not an asshole so skipping to the shop is fine to me.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 10:44:36 am »

I don't intend to betray anyone.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 11:12:29 am »

Turn 6

With the Minotaur well and truly dead, the adventurers rushed in to take their share of the spoils, then they returned victorious back through the portal. Johnny made sure to bring back the dead body of Sally, so that her family could pay their respects. The adventurers who didn't dare to fight stood in shock as the bloody victors emerged. The same guy who introduced everybody at the beginning came back through the portal along with a cleric, a shopkeep, and a decorated soldier.

"Ahh, congratulations. I just received word from our client that the Minotaur is dead. You guys left quire a mess at the mining site, but luckily for us, our client is in charge of cleaning up the messes. Wow... There are a lot more of you than I expected." He glanced at Johnny carrying dead Sally. "Only one death... unfortunate. But no matter, I suppose that we will simply need to extend the orientation, and pick a slightly more powerful monster to test your mettle. For the time being, our cleric here will heal you of any injuries, you can buy random trinkets from our shopkeeper here, and our Sargent here will teach any of you he deems worthy some more advanced techniques, because i'll be honest, you all looked like shit out there."

Abdul came to the cleric to heal his bruises and fractured ribs from when the boulder fragments struck him. The cleric said "Ahh, broken bones. This will hurt." A green orb appeared on his staff, then Abdul started writhing in pain for a few seconds, but once the cleric was finished, Abdul stood up and said, "A miracle, the end has been averted! You must teach me how it works." The cleric laughed, then said, "magic healing doesn't work like the scrolls say it does. We simply rapidly accelerate the space-time continuum right in the injured areas, meaning a month-long healing process becomes only a few seconds! However, this process has been shown to cause premature aging of the injured areas for some reason..." "Fascinating," Abdul exclaimed, before walking off to the sargent.

Werther came out of the portal last, and the cleric was frightened, "Oh my gosh! You poor thing, how are you still alive!?" Now that the battle was over, Werther was beginning to feel the pain in his face again. The right side of his face was well and truly numb, as it was mauled beyond recognition, but his left side was smarting from the six long scratches. The cleric immediately got to work, and new folds of dark, scarred skin stretched over the injuries. The process was painless, but Werther looked badass once it was done. His left face was slightly indented, and his cheek was missing, exposing his fearsome teeth from the side. Dark skin covered the rest of it. His right face had two sets of 3 parallel scars running at slightly different angles, intersecting each other as they ran from his neck to his nose. "All done. I'm sorry I couldn't do more." The cleric said. Werther also wandered to the shopkeep and sargent.

The other's also took trips to the sargent and the shopkeeper to trade in their trophies for better equipment and skills. Jhoferi looked disappointed about something, but suddenly happy when he saw what the shop offered. Burklaif was also particularly excited for the items i stock. They all lined up, carrying valuable trophies of War. Werther had in his mouth the skull of the Minotaur, Saraket had skinned the beast and carried the fur over his shoulder. Johnny had one of the horns, and Abdul had the other (Abdul's horn had Werther's bite marks in it, so it wasn't as valuable) Burklaif had ripped the femur out of the Minotaur's leg, and carried it in his mouth, chewing on it. And Jhoferi carried several teeth. The shopkeeper looked most impatient for this round of trading.

Store

The shopkeeper used some form of magic to predict what the people with valuables would want to buy, and stocked his store accordingly.

Spoiler: store stock (click to show/hide)

Training

The Sargent is offering several demonstrations of skill and attacks to those who he deems worthy, and can pay for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loot

Here is the amount of loot everybody has to spend:

Spoiler: loot details (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Just say what you want to buy. Your loot carries over to the next shopping spree

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I've updated the OP to include the new armor rules. Warriors now have 40 damage armor from ranged attacks, and 10 damage armor from adjacent attacks. Archers have 10 damage armor from ranged attacks. If a monster has armor, I will specify how much damage it protects.

Skills can be used in place of an attack. You cannot use a skill and an attack on the same turn.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 11:16:06 am »

Abdul learns heal!
+Fake Magic Scrolls x2+ Onion Rings x4
(200)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:27:40 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:14 am »

Young Johnny

Buy a magazine, dogs treats for the dog because is cute, a pound of meat to the dino as prize for a work well done and onion rings for the new guy because why not?

Then he goes to learn Pommel Strike

243- 20 (magazine)- 5 (dogs treats)- 10 (Prime raw meat) - 5 (onion rings)- 200 (Pommel Strike)= 3
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 11:28:37 am »

...suntan lotion? What would I even use that for? I'd like to request that you bring in some weapons next time.

I'm thinking maybe that I'll learn Quick Reflexes... but is there any way I could try learning some magic skills instead? Maybe something that would allow me to cast magic by imbuing spells into my arrows? Because if so, I'd rather learn that.

Can we cross-class?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2017, 11:40:12 am »

The shop is supposed to be A joke filled with useless trinkets. I do have planned higher level skills and attacks for archers and warriors that uses a little bit of magic, but I haven't fully fleshed out that idea yet.

If cross-class means buying skills and attacks from another class, I say no. I meant the three classes to have a rock-paper-scissors kind of strength, and cross classing would ruin that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 11:46:22 am »

Werther

Werther snaps up the meat that Johnny offered. Seeing how he got it, Werther mimics the gesture and gets two pounds of meat. Then he follows Johnny to the training area and watches the Sargent for a while.

(Purchases=Two pounds of meat for 20 loot, then learn Guard and Pommel Strike for 350 loot.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 11:48:25 am »

I do have planned higher level skills and attacks for archers and warriors that uses a little bit of magic, but I haven't fully fleshed out that idea yet.

If cross-class means buying skills and attacks from another class, I say no. I meant the three classes to have a rock-paper-scissors kind of strength, and cross classing would ruin that.
Not buying them from other classes, at least, not at the same level. I was thinking that if I were able to do that, I'd have to start from scratch, and the first skill would cost, say, 300 or more "loot", and it still wouldn't be the full repertoire of someone who started as a mage. Then, experience toward a specific class would come from damage dealt with that class's skills. And you'd only be able to start in another class once. And maybe you already have to be at level 4 or something.

It wouldn't be easy, and you'd really have to work at it to make it worthwhile, but maybe it could allow for more opportunities later; for example, things like the ranger and warrior skills that use magic would require some levels in mage.

EDIT: Eh, I'll learn Quick Reflexes for now. I'm hoping to get Deep Breathing next time, though. I should have 236 loot now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:37:46 pm by Glass »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 11:56:28 am »

That would be too much for me to keep track of. I'm sorry, but I don't think I could manage that. Writing up one turn already takes about half an hour for six people, and I want this game to emphasise lots of people working together rather than a couple of powerful people.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58:24 am »

That would be too much for me to keep track of. I'm sorry, but I don't think I could manage that. Writing up one turn already takes about half an hour for six people, and I want this game to emphasise lots of people working together rather than a couple of powerful people.
That's fair.
I will be working toward those magic skills, though...

And tell the shopkeeper to bring some useful stuff next time! >:( Or at least a nice hat.
(:P)

EDIT: Umm, hey, I just noticed a problem with this:
I want this game to emphasise lots of people working together rather than a couple of powerful people.
XP and loot are based on how much damage you do.
As you level up, you can deal - and take - more damage. This is also the case for getting more loot.
Either enemies will become more powerful, or remain at one power level (probably get more powerful).
This will mean that people with more experience will be able to get even more experience, while new people are more likely to die before they can really get experience, or at the very least will get a far smaller share of the loot and experience.
As time goes on, powerful people will rise to the top, and the newer/weaker people will get left behind.
You see the problem?

It had been fixed beforehand.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:37:25 pm by Glass »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:09 pm »

That is why I made leveling up not increase damage anymore, (a few turns ago. I mentioned it in the ooc section.) While leveling Indie's make you tanker, your damage output will more or less stay the same. Damage stays about the sane each level, but the exp requirement goes up by a lot. This means that the health discrepancy won't be as big as you think, and higher level people won't have access to free full heals as easily as lower level people.

As for the monsters, I think the damage was quite alright. I just need to make them have more health, or give them more options so they aren't a pushover as soon as you kill one leg. Next monster will keep that in mind.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 12:14:54 pm »

Pay for "Quick Reflexes" ability and 2 dog treats (120 - 100 = 20 -10 = 10)
Find some local dog-people from Labrador clan to chat with.*

*Dog-people can be found in human villages and towns quite often, especially the ones from Retriever and Shepherd clan/sub-race, since they're two most common clan/sub-race of Dog-people.

A couple of notes on Dog-people: They're able to stand and move on their rear legs just fine, even though they still prefer move on four legs. Dog-people who lived long enough along with humans pretty much lose the preference of moving on four legs, and move on two legs instead.
They're able to speak with both dogs and humans.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:27:10 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2017, 12:19:47 pm »

That is why I made leveling up not increase damage anymore, (a few turns ago. I mentioned it in the ooc section.)
...I missed that part. Ok.

EDIT:
...or give them more options so they aren't a pushover as soon as you kill one leg.
Being melee-based is the number-one downfall of being a warrior, or similar type of fighter. Once you're immobile, you're getting dunked on, no bones about it.
I'm terrible

EDIT2: Regarding what you've mentioned about how armor will be more effective against ranged attacks than against melee attacks, I was just thinking, there should be special tactics that can be learned that allow for armor piercing (for ranged and melee) and armor destruction (for melee only). They'd have to be high-level, though; I get that ignoring armor is kind of magic's shtick here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:29:52 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29