Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28311 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »

Not enough variety to keep me interested. (But I still lots of ideas from it to make this.)
I'm coming in as Respawn if Saraket dies, by the way.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »

By the way, starting next turn, deep breathing doesn't make you immune from retaliation. (Nat 1s and 6s are still free attacks.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2017, 09:21:40 pm »

Hey, can you fix the part were it says I'm level 2 even though I leveled up to 3?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2017, 09:36:59 pm »

By the way, starting next turn, deep breathing doesn't make you immune from retaliation. (Nat 1s and 6s are still free attacks.)
I hadn't really been planning on anything else. You were really just being generous.

EDIT: Hey, OSG, assuming that I survive this battle, would you mind telling me some of the new abilities I could expect to have available?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:42:11 pm by Glass »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 11, 2017, 10:55:15 am »

Urist the Bard
NCA: Prepare to jump from the ship in the case of destruction, then swim as towards the nearest ship as fast as possible. If the ship 7 will not be destroyed this turn, play some Dwarf Fortress theme (+1 to the combat roll).
CA: Materialize sharp musical notes via playing, then barrage Kraken's head with them.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2017, 03:09:54 pm »

Turn 26

A new face from the blank crows at the Fearless society hopped into the teleporter, and joined the battle. Although he was a mage, he seemed to particularly enjoy close quarters.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: none
CA: Deep Breathing (4)
In through the nose... Out through the mouth.
success

Daisypants:
NCA: focus on your previous wound. (3)
You admire your handywork as you see daylight through the hole in the Kraken's tentacle. You consider aiming for the same spot, but decide it was too much of a risk.
CA: shoot tentacle 2 (6)
Your hesitation was worthwile. Instead of trying to do a showy shot of firing an arrow through your own created arrowhole, you simply create another arrow hole a few inches away, slicing through vital nerves, and causing the entire tentacle to fall limp on the ship deck.
120 damage to tentacle 2, Tentacle 2 is destroyed

Marco:
NCA: Study teammates (6)
You tear your eyes away from Abdul and Sally, and look at urist the Bard. Perhaps you could gleam some information about his power. You don't detect any pain in his past, but not much love either. It seems his power comes from music. You suspect his instrument is enchanted. You siphon some power out of the instrument, and sure enough, you feel your energy build. The music is quite captivating as well, and you find yourself too distracted to safely use your magic.
+1 to next attack
CA: none

HeadChopper:
CA: Quick attack Arm 1 (2)
You ignore the short, spindly, moving things, and try to go for one of the long, spindly, moving things. But it is much more nimble, and it avoids your strike.

Sally:
"Stop being confused, me. I can be confused after this gooey thing is dead."
CA: Magic Beam Tentacle 3 (6-1=6)
You snap yourself out of your own confusion, and wave your stick at one of the goey snakes on the ship. A fancy light flies out of your stick, and sets the snake on fire. Pretty!
100 damage to tentacle 3

John:
NCA: get to ship 6 (free teleport)
You appear on the very same ship that the Kraken was attacking. The frequent need to dodge moving tentacles would make using your magic quite difficule.
CA: Magic bolt tentacle 3 (3-2=2)
You use your mind to create a pressure field around one of the tentacles, squeezing it to within the size of a loaf of bread. The Kraken was not particularly afected by this, as its body was naturally able to squish itself.

Urist:
NCA: Play Dwarf Fortress theme (1)
You pluck some strings on your instrument, making chords and sounds that sound like music, but would drive any musician nuts because of how broken the chords and how incinsistant the rhythm was.
-1 to next attack
CA: Magic Bolt (?) Head (1)
You materialize music notes to corrospond to your music, but the notes were just as broken as your song, shattering upon impact and dealing no damage to the Kraken. The Kraken launches a wave at you.
Free Attack: Wave ship 7 (6-1=6)
A wave crashes into your ship, sending you crashing into the deck, and getting water splashed on top of you.
40 damage to ship 7, 40 damage to Urist, -1 to Urist next turn actions.
Free Attack: Magic Bolt head (5)
You launch another barrage of music notes, this time, they do damage.
100 damage to head

Sitcher:
NCA:
CA: Magic Eye (3)
This time, Sitcher successfully set up his light trail towards the Kraken.
Success

Kraken

Ram Ship 6 (4-1=3)
The Kraken squeezed the ship with all its still-functioning appendages, and the ship snapped in half, dumping all the inhabitants in the ocean. Headchopper, John, and Grug were tossed back in the ocean.
20 damage to ship 6, ship 6 is destroyed.

Kraken is now emerged

Kraken

Status

Currently emerged
Attacking ship 6

Head HP: 1945/3000
Eye HP: 0/200
Tentacle 1 HP: 0/300
Tentacle 2 HP: 0/300
Tentacle 3 HP: 200/300
Tentacle 4 HP: 0/300
Tentacle 5 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 6 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 7 HP: 300/300
Tentacle 8 HP: 300/300
Arm 1 HP: 200/200
Arm 2 HP: 200/200

Eye is destroyed, all Kraken actions have -1 modifier

Attacking the eye always carries a -1 modifier (cause it's a small target)
After Eye is destroyed, subsequent damage to the eye will instead deal double damage to the Head
While Submerged, it is immune to all attacks except magic attacks.
While emerged, all body parts can be targeted by all ranged attacks, but adjacent attacks can be landed on all body parts except the eye only if the Kraken is attacking the same ship as the attacker is on. (If it is attacking the ship you are on, you are at adjacent range)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Possible Status effecs:
Immobalized: You cannot do any NCA, and your CA can only target the body part that is immobalizing you with an adjacent attack, while having a -1 modifier
In the Ocean: Your CA has a -2 modifier, and you must succeed in a NCA to swim back to a ship quickly.

Ships

The HP of all the ships are seen here. The ships are connected via bridges in a circle (1 is connected to 12 and 2, 5 is connected to 4 and 6, etc.) If a ship is destroyed, the connections will be lost, so don't get trapped.

Ship 1: 100/100
Ship 2: 100/100
Ship 3: 100/100
Ship 4: 100/100
Ship 5: 100/100
Ship 6: 0/100 (destroyed)
Ship 7: 60/100
Ship 8: 100/100
Ship 9: 80/100
Ship 10: 100/100
Ship 11: 0/100 (destroyed)
Ship 12: 100/100

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, Headchopper, Daisypants, Marco Ruyn, Sitcher

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper, neckslicer, Faker, Bruce the Hero
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

Character sheets haven't been updated, since I'm on a time crunch. I'll correct them later.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2017, 03:32:53 pm »

Sally
CA: Magic Beam water with Ice, give coverage to the people in the ocean so they can swim to safety
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2017, 03:34:32 pm »

Shoot it in the eye!

EDIT: Would you mind telling me how much damage I've done this battle so far?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:01:56 pm by Glass »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2017, 03:58:34 pm »

Headchopper

NCA:Jet to ship 5.

CA:If I fail to get away, Pommel Strike it in the eye.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 11, 2017, 04:25:08 pm »

((CrocAndBearLover, it should've sounded like THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKfcZ2VvEk. I just happened to be listening to it when I read the update.))

Daisypants
NCA: None
CA: Shoot for the eye!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 11, 2017, 05:03:59 pm »

Shoot it in the eye!

EDIT: Would you mind telling me how much damage I've done this battle so far?
Subtract staring  loot Fromm current loot.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »

John
NCA: Move so I can get a better aim.
CA: Attack the eye with magic beam of terror.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2017, 12:38:14 pm »

I just started working a second job, and unfortunately, I don't think I can find the time to run this anymore. I am really sorry about that. I want to thank everybody for playing, but I can't continue.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »

I just started working a second job, and unfortunately, I don't think I can find the time to run this anymore. I am really sorry about that. I want to thank everybody for playing, but I can't continue.
:(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2017, 12:50:26 pm »

That's unfortunate. I hope your new job goes well. How was the story going to end?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29