Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28377 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) Fight a Dragon!
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »

Abdul
NCA: Roll in mud to prevent further trouble from flam.
CA: Magic BEAM to dragon face.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:44:46 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »

Once again, shoot that dragon in the head.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2017, 02:50:43 pm »

Legsnapper

Noncombat action:Charge the dragon.

Combat action:Heavy Attack to the right front leg.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:48:08 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stand up run to dragon tail.
Quick strike to tail
"Really?"

I won't let Johnny rest yet. Also tail HP should be 80 not 240.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2017, 11:45:49 pm »

Turn 12

As the wounds grew more numerous, the Dragon started to look more and more dead. However, an actually dead person, Johnny, in fact, slowly stood up, and walked. It seemed like he had been infected by the great undead plague that had inflicted the Region all those years ago. With his age, it was not inconceivable that he may have been a child during those times, and caught the dormant strain of the disease. Most intriguing...

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: None
CA: Arrow Shot head (3)
Your next shot his the head again, but at the wrong angle. It glances right off the scales. Killing this guy was going to be a little bit harder than that.

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: Run to the tail (5)
You run clear across the ruined fishing village, even looping around a building to come up behind the beast. Some of your memories were being consumed by the disease, but you remember this is where you were fighting. You see the bloody "H" in the dragon's tail, and vaguely recognize it as your work somehow, even though you don't remember the events that caused you to make the insignia.
CA: Quick strike tail (6)
You have an angry emotion towards the Dragon, and you wonder if it is the one responsible for the broken bones in your chest. You stab your sword right through the center of the "H", and it goes clear through the other side. You then fall on your sword, tearing it straight down, cutting clean through the entire tail. You see a river of blood pour out and into the city sewers. Your hearing seems to be not functioning very well, because you didn't hear the painful screams from the beast. It's tail was being held together by nothing but bones now, and in an instictual reaction, the Dragon flexes it's tail upward. However, with no more connective tissue to stup the upward momentum, the back end of the tail continues upwards, snapping at the joint, and the end of the tail did a few mid-air tumbles before falling still on the ground. However, you did not notice any of this. Instead, you recall back in your childhood that your parents, and most of your family was infected with the undead plague, and they were subjected to the massacres that followed... You must have contracted that desease somehow, yet it only appeared now, after you had already died...
100 damage to tail, tail is destroyed.

Legsnapper:
NCA: Charge the right-front leg (3)
You put some extra enthusiasm in your newest charge, but it still gives no benefit other than getting you closer.
CA: Heavy attack front-right leg. (6-1=6)
You go for another attack, digging your pincers deep into the muscles of the leg, and shearing them together, cutting through several vital muscles and tendons. The bone is what stops you again, but the Dragon visibly shifts his weight off of the leg to avoid the pain of putting pressure on it. He cries to the sky, before barfing up more blood. He was starting to look terrified. With his wounded leg, he brings it up and prepares to crush you.
160 damage to right-front leg
Level up.

Free Attack: Stomp (6=1=6)
The leg falls square on top of your back. Your legs give way immediately, and your exoskeleton visibly stops the weight for but a moment, before it cracks, and your internals smear the tiny space between the foot and the cobbles. The dragon lifts his foot up, and your guts stick to his foot until he shakes it off.
400 damage to Legsnapper, Legsnapper is dead

Abdul:
NCA: Roll in the mud to put out the fire (5)
You roll in some mud you found at the bottom of your watchtower. The mud extinguishes the fire no problem, and you suspect, the caked mud would be an excelent deterrant as well.
Abdul is no longer on fire. 1-time immunity from fire
CA: Magic Beam Head (2-1=2)
You see the weakened and wounded head, with the Dragon constantly vomiting up blood out of its mouth. And aim to end it once and for all. You summon a beam of pure ice, and launch it at the Dragon's head. But you miss. Way off target.

Dragon
NCA: none
CA: Clutch Zombie Johnny (3+1=4)
The Dragon turns around, and is surprised to see the old man still alive. He repeats the same attack, grabbing Johnny, and twisting him viciously. The claws dig deep into his body, drawing black blood. It seems memories were not the only thing the disease changed.
130 damage to Johnny, Johnny is immobalized (front Left leg and Front Right leg)

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 100/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 0/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 10/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 0/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

Permanently grounded
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I am contemplating adding some loose plot to this game. Is anybody particularly against this? My hope is that eventually, the fights will end in a climactic boss fight or something...

Also, I'm beginning to wonder if this Dragon is a bit too damaging. He's only 1-2 hits away from death though, so we'll see. Rest in Peace Legsnapper. You truly lived up to your name.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2017, 12:08:47 am »

I don't mind a plot.

Spoiler: "New" character. (click to show/hide)

Noncombat action:Run up to the dragon.

Combat action:Kick to the right front leg.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2017, 05:15:05 am »

Zombie Young Johnny

Heavy Strike to Front Left leg.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2017, 06:35:36 am »

Shoot that head.

EDIT: I HAD AN IDEA!
Once we've killed the dragon, I'm going to skin it. And then, I will use it's skin to make armor, for all of us. Specifically, I'm going to skin it's main body, because it has the protection from both melee and range. If we run out of that, then I'll move on to the rest of its skin, with the smaller anti-range scales, and the warriors will get first priority for the better stuff (rangers and mages are more likely to be protecting against ranged attacks, anyway, so the warriors will benefit more from the better armor).
I'd imagine that the scales also have fireproof qualities; it just wouldn't do for a dragon to accidentally burn itself to a crisp, and if dragons fight each other, then the fire-proof ones would be the ones that survived.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:28:57 am by Glass »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2017, 07:56:32 am »

"I'm gonna pull your brain out of your skull, monster. With my BARE HANDS! Screamed Bruce while charging right at the dragon.

Non-combat action: Charge towards the dragon's head!
Combat action: Rip the dragon's brains out of his skull with my BARE HANDS (Quick Attack).

((*prays to RNGesus for the roll of five*))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2017, 08:25:05 am »

Abdul
NCA: Read prophecy of DOOM from my other scroll!
CA: Magic BEAM to dragon face.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2017, 02:00:23 pm »

Turn 13

Even though the fight was far from over, Saraket, the first responder, started planning on how to use the corpse of the dragon for his own benefit. The Dragon was not going to go down without a fight, however.

Meanwhile, back at the fearless society, more rustling was heard in the ceiling, and another lobster, even bigger than the last one, fell into the room. Everybody scrambled for cover as the lobster crawled into the portal and joined the battle.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: None
CA: Arrow Shot head (2)
Again, you try to shoot the Dragon's head in between his bursts of blood vomiting, but you mistime your shot, and the arrow sails clean over the head.

Zombie Young Johnny:
NCA: none
CA: Heavy Strike Front Left leg (4-1-1=2)
You swing your sword wildly to try to release yourself from the Dragon's grip, but your arm is pinned in an awkward position, and your sword does not connect.

Neckslicer:
NCA: Run up to the Dragon (5)
You sense a dead lobster, and use deductive reasoning to determine that the zombie must have killed him. Greatful that he killed your competition, you decide to help the zombie and attack the big thing that was holding him.
CA: Kick Right-front leg (1+1=1)
You whack the leg as hard as you can with your pincers, but they bounce right off. The Dragon then moves his foot for a completely different reason, and brings it down on top of you.
Free Attack: Stomp (6-1=6)
Again, the dragon squashes you, smearing you into the cobbles right next to the other lobsters. Maybe lobsters weren't the best for fighting dragons.
400 damage to Neckslicer, Neckslicer is dead

Abdul:
NCA: Read Prophecy from fake scroll (2)
It was a pretty good read, with good visuals to go with it. The prophecy was about an evil corporation monopolizing a service, then creating demand for their service through illegitimate means. You have a good laugh, certain it was not relevant to your situation at all.
CA: Magic Beam Head (4-1=3)
you launch a beam of fire, which hits the Dragon's head, and explodes. While the scales were fireproof, the force of the explosion was enough to lacerate some of the existing wounds and make them bigger. The two arrows in the neck sheared a gash between them. And the Dragon started Coughing and vomiting more blood by the minute.
25 damage to head

Bruce the Hero:
NCA: Climb the Dragon to the head (3)
you attempt to climb up the Dragon, but it shakes you off, and you fall on your ass. A hero should not be subjected to this disrespect! You retaliate!
CA: Kick Right-Front leg (2+1=3)
You kick the leg with your boot, and it sinks into one of the gashes the first lobster made, hitting the bone, and fracturing it. You hear the
Dragon scream, and Johnny is released. He stands up, grateful to be unconstrained.
15 damage to Right-Front leg. Right-Front Leg is destroyed
Johnny is no longer immobalized

Dragon
NCA: Run to Abdul (2)
The Dragon runs towards Abdul, but only makes it halfway before devolving into a coughing fit. He shoots flames from a distance.
CA: Fire Breath Abdul (3)
The Fire hits a nearby building, splashing into Abdul. It wasn't bad, and the mud caked on the mage prevented him from catching fire. It was rather painful, though.
40 damage to abdul

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 75/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 0/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 0/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 0/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

Permanently grounded
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif, Legsnapper
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

I'll make a blacksmith at the Fearless Society that can make you dragonscale armor for a hefty price. There will also be a new shop that I won't spoil yet.

Two lobsters dead in the span of two turns. Bad luck.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2017, 02:05:12 pm »

DESTROY THE D***ED HEAD ALREADY!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »

HEAL SELF
---

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23:38 pm »

How long can THIS character last, I wonder?

Spoiler: The Elf (LE GASP) (click to show/hide)

NCA: With lots of imperious pointing and impolite gesturing, the elf strides into the portal and takes up position some ways from the dragon. Preferably in cover.
CA: Arrow Shot to dragon's head.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2017, 02:53:05 pm »

Spoiler: Next character. (click to show/hide)

Noncombat action:Run up to the dragon.

Combat action:Light Attack to the right back leg.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:10:12 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29