Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) The Kraken  (Read 28384 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: To Glory! | "Cooperative" RTD (ANYONE CAN JOIN!) Fight a Dragon!
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2017, 03:47:54 pm »

You never specified where you were wearing the blindfold. I assumed you used it as a loincloth.  :P
>:-|
Mate. No. I wear it the way anyone would wear a blindfold: over my eyes!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2017, 03:51:50 pm »

I was joking. I just didn't consider your description when making the 1 roll penalty.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:51 pm »

Turn 10

The remaining cowards waiting at the Fearless Society had gotten used to the boredom and anticipation. But suddenly, they heard a rustling in the ceiling. And right in the middle of the group, an enormous lobster fell. There was some retreating snickering heard in the ceiling, but the majority of the people were to busy running away to notice. The lobster, totally confused, wandered aimlessly until he accidentally went through the portal. Everybody in the room breathed a sigh of relief. Then went back to their business. Saraket was the first to see the newcomer. "I guess they sent us a crab now." he said under his edgy breath.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA:Get to sniping position (1-1=1)
You get up and flee, but the dragon sees you running, and takes a shot at you.
Free attack: fire breath (3)
The flames chase you, in a deadly race. You run as fast as you can, and slam into a corner of a wall. The flames rush around the wall, stopping mere inches from your body. The intense heat sets you ablaze. Normally, as a sand elemental, you don't mind flames. But this was no ordinary fire. It was hotter than anything you were used to. And you only have so much of a tolerance to heat. You got away from the dragon, but not where you wanted to go.
40 damage to Saraket. Saraket is on fire
CA: None

Young Johnny:
NCA: Move towards the tail (3)
you continue to sneak towards your target, the Dragon's tail. Even though it had not yet used it in combat, you were sure it could deal some nasty damage.
CA: heavy strike the tail (4+2-1=5)
You raise your sword skyward, while the dragon was busy firing at Saraket. You then put all your muscle to bring it down into the meaty tail. While the sword falls, you shout "This is for the Dino!" The Dragon unexpectedly twitches to the side at the last second, but that was to your benefit. Instead of being stopped by the bones, the tip of your sword barely missed them, and cut all the way through the tail, from top to bottom. The dragon screams into the air, and the tail twitches around, trying to find the source of the pain. Blood rushed out of the wound, drenching Young Johnny in hot, red, sticky liquid. You take a step back to avoid the scalding blood. But you are satisfied with the injuries you dealt.
160 damage to tail

Legsnapper:
NCA: Run to dragon (5)
While the dragon was screaming skyward, you just happened to aimlessly walk through the portal. The loud noise of the Dragon registered as a threat in your mind, and you rushed forward to accept the challenge. You walked up to the Right-Front leg of the Dragon, and you assumed that it was the entire beast. (Your eyesight is not very good)
CA: Heavy attack front-right leg. (2-1=2)
You try to snap at his legs, but suddenly, your foe raises from the ground, and slams into it a few feet to the side. You are completely befuddled by this.

Dragon
NCA: none.
CA: Tail Whack Johnny. (4+1=5)
The dragon moves his tail across the ground behind himself. The centripetal force tosses blood out of the wound like a hose, painting the landscape red. Johnny tried to jump, but his old body wouldn't go high enough. The tail slammed straight into his stomach, and tossed him through an ashen wall, bouncing off the ground, then flying into a stone structure. Johnny felt several bones broken all over his body, but so long as he could stand and fight, he would! Using the wall, he brings himself into a standing position. And limps back to the foe.
160 damage to Johnny

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 400/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 340/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 290/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Right Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Back Left Leg: 350/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Left Wing: 0/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Right Wing: 150/150 (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)

Permanently grounded
To immobalize: destroy 2/4 legs
To kill: destroy body or head.

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Spoiler: attacks and skills (click to show/hide)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Werther, Burklaif, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi

Dead: Sally
Spoiler: alive character sheets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dead character sheets (click to show/hide)

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Spoiler: turn template. (click to show/hide)

Refrences:

Spoiler: Warrior attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: archer attacks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mage attacks (click to show/hide)

OOC notes

It seems Saraket's luck has turned against him. We'll see if that trend holds.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:25 pm »

Crab.
Put out the fire, I have no interest in turning to glass. I resent that remark. I guess by rolling in the ground.
Again, try to use my Quick Reflexes.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »

Legsnapper

What. Tallfish. Noises. What is happen.

Combat action:Snap right front leg with Heavy Attack.

Noncombat action:Wave antenna.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2017, 11:50:54 pm »

Abdul
Heal Johnny!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2017, 06:18:04 am »

Young Johnny
Stand up charge at dragon

Quick strike at tail
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2017, 09:20:07 am »

Burklaif
Non-Combat Action: Stay hidden.
Combat-Action: Shoot dragon in the head.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »

Turn 11

After the surprise that was the giant lobster, the Fearless Society grew quiet again. But the battlefield was far from peaceful. There were already two deaths, and one of the veterans was badly wounded. Things looked grim.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: Put out fire by rolling (4)
You fall to the ground, dissolve your humanoid form into a blob, and roll your new blob shape along the ground until your body was no longer on fire. You then reform into a more familiar shape, and get ready for revenge.
Saraket is no longer on fire
CA: Quick Reflexes (1)
You practice a dodge roll, like the sargent taught you. But you dodge straight into an open corridir that the Dragon was looking down. The Dragon does not waste the opportunity.
Free Attack: Fire Breath (2)
Luckily for you, the Dragon was more focused on finishing the old man off. And it was distracted enough that it's flames missed you. The fire splashed against a large stone chimney, and spray in every direction. Some embers land on you, but such small mass of heat does not bother you in the slightest.

Young Johnny:
NCA: CHAAAARRRRGGGEE (3)
You run as fast as your frail legs will carry you. You ignore the pain deep in your chest from the broken ribs, and you get within striking distance.
CA:Quick strike the tail (5)
You slash your sword sideways, cutting a new, horizontal gash in the Dragon's tail. The gash intersects with the old one from your sneak attack, forming a sideways "T" shape. Even though this gash was larger than the other one, it did not cut nearly as deep. It was still a massively damaging strike.
100 damage to tail
Level up!

Legsnapper:
NCA: Wave antennae (5)
You rapidly move your antennae in multiple directions to get a sense of your surroundings. You finally sense the scale of the creature you are fighting. It seems what you thought was the beast was just a fraction of it. Instead of making you fear, this edges you on to fight harder!
+1 to your next attack
CA: Heavy attack front-right leg. (2-1+1=2)
You snap your pincers as hard as you can, but the creature moves its closest limb away from you at the last minute once again.

Abdul:
NCA: none
CA: heal Johnny (4-1=3)
Despite yourself being covered in flames you think of others before yourself. You see the wounded Johnny, and heal him as best as you can from this distance.
25 damaged healed to Johnny, 10 damage to Abdul (fire)
Level up!

Burklaif:
CA: Shoot Dragon's head (6)
You lie on your back once again, draw your bow with your hind legs and mouth, the fire, aiming for the Dragon's head. The arrow flies true, and wedges itself deep in the Dragon's neck. Some scales get wedged off by the flint arrowhead, and they bounce along the cobbles. The Dragn rears back, and he tries to find the location. Once again, he guesses at random and shoots some fire.
90 damage to Head
Free attack: Fire breath (1-1=1)
The Dragon's aim is so far off from your location that you get another easy shot at its exposed face.
Free Attack: arrow shot head (6)
This arrow lands mere inches from the last, wedging itself into the upper neck, where the head muscles were. The Dragon roars in frustration and pain, the fires wildly again.
90 damage to head
Free Attack: Fire Breath (1-1=1) With blood streaming out of the high-pressure blood vessels that lead to the head, the Dragon misses wildly again. You repeat a third time, why stop now?
Free Attack: Arrow shot head (1)
However, the Dragon starts writhing its neck in pain, and the sudden movement causes your arrow to miss wildly. However, the Dragon didn't notice, and he continues to shoot wildly.
Free Attack: Fire Breath (1-1=1)
Even though the Dragon was conciously aiming for different places each time, this one was still a wide miss. Giving Burklaif another chance to do damage.
Free Attack: Arrow shot head (6)
The Arrow hits the dragon right between the joint of the two jaws. The bones, already weakened from Werther's final blow, shatter under the impact, and the arrow flies through the Dragon's jaw, before wedging into the soft pallate at the roof of the Dragon's mouth. The Dragon screamed in pain, before blood turned the scream into a gargle. The Dragon yanked his head down, caughed up liters of blood, the fired wildly again, it's rage getting the better of its head.
90 Damage to head
Level up!

Free Attack: Fire Breath (6-1=6)
Again, the Dragon shot wildly, but this time, his random guess was correct. The flames rushed into Burklaif's hiding spot, and the area is rapidly heated. Burklaif's fur catches fire quickly, and he runs around, panicked, howling, and whimpering, inside the hiding spot. With flames in every direction, Burklaif runs at random, but he didn't get far. His body slowly stopped, then fell over. However, the tiny amount of armor that he wore around his body gave him enough time to pull his blazing bow, nock another arrow, and fire again.
150 damage to Burklaid, Burklaif is on fire
Free Attack: Arrow shot head (4-1=3)
This shot was slightly off, but considering Burklaif was not much more than a black ash pile, it was rather remarkable. The flaming arrow sailed towards the Dragon, hit Directly between the eyes, but glanced off the scales and skittered across the floor. Unfortunate

Dragon
NCA: Run To Burklaif (6)
The Dragon runs towards the dark hiding spot that he now knew the pesky mutt was. He searches inside the dark area, but he didn't learn his lesson from Saraket, and he takes yet another arrow to the face.
Free attack: Arrow shot head (1-1=1)
However, the smoldering dog had little life left in him, and the opportunity goes unused. The arrow flies a few feel upwads, the falls and lands on the floor. The dragon finally sees the figure in the light of the flames, and goes for an easy attack.
Free Attack: Bite (3-1=2)
However, the rocks get in the way of the Dragon's attack, and the teeth snap shut a few millimeters from Burklaif. He lives a little bit longer...
CA: Tail Whack Burklaif (5-1+1)
Frustrated with the resiliant hound, the Dragon sweeps his tail at the rubble, clearing a bath like a battering ram. The tail moves through the rocks, and comes out the other side. It was hard to tell from any distance, but the smoldering remains of the Brave dog, Burklaif, were in several locations after the attack. The brave Burklaif was no more.
160 damage to Burklaif, Burklaif is dead.

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 130/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Body HP: 1000/1000 (large scales: -50 to ranged attacks, -20 to adjacent attacks)
Tail HP: 240/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 290/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)

Permanently grounded

Possible Status effects

Immobilized: If the dragon immobilizes you, you can no longer perform NCAs until you are dropped. You can still attack, but only the body part(s) that are immobilizing you. And your attacks have a -1 modifier.

Fire: If the dragon sets you on fire, you will take 10 damage per turn, and your attacks will have a -1 modifier. To remove the fire, perform a relevant NCA (like jumping in the lake, or rolling on the ground)

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, legsnapper

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif

Turn Template

Either fill in this template, or submit your turn using your own methods. Just make sure all the information is present.

Refrences:

OOC notes

Rest in Piece, Burklaif. Everybody, I think he deserves a hero's sendoff.

I decided to give Abdul the experience for healing Johnny, even though his level up healed him fully. It made more sense that way.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:53:17 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2017, 10:22:00 pm »

Poor doggy.  :(

Anyway, shoot that dragon in the head, no ifs, ands, or buts. If we demolish that right now, it's dead - and it doesn't have much structure left.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:48 pm »

Werther and Burklaif are still on the Alive section of the Adventurer list, and Legsnapper isn't on either.

Alright, it killed the dog. TEAR IT APART.

Legsnapper

Dog?

Noncombat action:Charge the right front leg.

Combat action:Heavy Attack to the right front leg.

I'll just try to earn some XP instead of climbing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:10:55 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2017, 11:54:19 pm »

You can climb on monsters, but it will require a really good roll to do so. (5-6)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2017, 02:22:32 am »

Spoiler: A CHALLENGER APPEARS (click to show/hide)

In the middle of the chaotic battle, a new challenger appears. It's Bruce The Hero! "That's a huge dragon we have here!
Rip and Tear!"*
Said Bruce.

Non-Combat action: Climb the inn.
Combat Action: If the head isn't destroyed, fall from the inn's rooftop right on the dragon's head, and rip it off (Heavy Attack)!

* He speaks with a heavy Scottish accent, if you didn't guess what "the Kingdom of Alba" stands for.

EDIT: added "bold" text.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:12:36 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2017, 05:20:57 am »

Young Johnny
Again charge at dragon tail.
Use your momentum to use a heavy strike at it
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »

Turn 12

The Valiant Dog did such magnitudes of Damage to the Dragon's head, that it was beginning to look feasable to critically injure, or even kill the Destructive beast. All party members focused all their attention on the bleeding head of the Dragon.

Attacks

adventurers:

Saraket:
NCA: None
CA: Arrow Shot head (4)
You shout to all the adventurers around you to aim for the head, and you follow your own advice. The arrow hits the dragon square on the snout, sticking out of the nose. The Dragon screams in pain, as more blood gets vomited out of its mouth. Even though it was reletively fine everywhere else, the Dragon was losing lots of blood from the arrow wounds inside its mouth. Try as it might, it's punctured tounge could not remove the shearing arrowhead from the roof of its mouth. Saraket's new arrow in its snout was not nearly as painful, but it contributed to a death by a thousand cuts.
30 damage to head

Young Johnny:
NCA: CHAAAARRRRGGGEE (2)
You try to run and use your momentum as extra *oomph* for your attack, but your old bones simply wouldn't cooperate. Instead of an epic charge, you do a hastened walk. It still gets you to where you need to go.
CA:Heavy strike tail (6-1=6)
You attempt another vertical strike on the Dragon's tail. It connects much like your first strike did, cutting a deep gash from top to bottom, barely missing the bones. The Tail now had an elongated "H" on one side of the tail. You see the tail wilt towards the ground, with so much muscle mass being neutralized. In a reflex action, the Dragon swipes its tail at you once again.
160 damage to tail
Free Attack: Tail Whack (4+1=5)
The tail slams into your body once again, refracturing all the ribs that Abdul had just healed. You are tossed into a ruined house, settling amongst the ashes. Your determination was stronger than any injury though, so many of your friends had been killed by this beast. it's reign of terror must end!
150 damage to Johnny

Legsnapper:
NCA: Charge the right-front leg (2)
You run as fast as you can... Which isn't very fast. But you still make it to the leg.
CA: Heavy attack front-right leg. (5-1=4)
You finally are able to deal some well-deserved damage to the giant monster. You use both your pincers to snap the scaly leg. The scales pop off under the pressure from your pincers, and they bury themselves deep in the meat of the Dragon's leg. Your right pincer is deeper than your left, and you feel it close around a thick bone. Try as you might, you could not snap through the bone of this monster like you could so many other creatures. The Dragon limps, then picks up its leg and tosses you off. There is a river of scalding hot blood flowing from the wound.
80 damage to right-front leg

Bruce The Hero
NCA: climb the inn, jump onto Dragon's head (2)
You run towards what you think is the inn. You try to climb up the remains of the chimmeny, but partway up, a loose stone comes out and you fall to the ground. Since the head is out of reach, you join the lobster in attacking the wounded leg.
CA: Heavy attack right-front leg (4-1=3)
You slash with all your muscular, toned might at the Right-Front leg of the Dragon, the one with the two deep gashes, and the burning smell. You slash horizontally, aiming to connect the two gashes that the lobster made. but you are slightly too high, and you make a third, shallow streak in the leg. It was no as crippling, but it does contribute.
40 damage to Right-Front leg

Dragon
CA: Clutch Johnny (4+1=5)
The Dragon wheels around, and sees Johnny struggling to get up. He reaches out with his two front legs, and grabs him, twisting his claws to shred him inside his talons. A loud *CRACK* is heard across the battlefield, and the Dragon drops a lifeless body. His spine was shattered. Another death rocked the group. This monster needed to die, NOW.[/b]

Dragon

Status

Currently on the ground.

Head HP: 100/600 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks) (out of range unless 3/4 legs are destroyed)
Tail HP: 80/500 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)
Front Right Leg: 170/350 (small scales: -30 to ranged attacks)

Permanently grounded

Possible Status effects

Adventurers

Alive: Saraket, Abdul, Young Johnny, Jhoferi, legsnapper

Dead: Sally, werther, ewler, burklaif

Turn Template

Refrences:

OOC notes

Bruce unfortunately cannot be of the same level as Burklaif. That would defeat the purpose of making the monsters scary powerful.

Rest in Peach, Young Johnny. At least you went out the way you wanted to. Feel free to make a new character.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:51:56 pm by origamiscienceguy »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29