Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775467 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #16275 on: February 18, 2023, 04:59:36 pm »

C Damad should not be underestimated. A peace offer is worth accepting if it’s on the table. The Damadians have stabbed us in the back in the past, but I believe a holy war on a state paying tribute is difficult for them to justify.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: February 18, 2023, 11:37:53 pm »

A They will just use the funds to rebuild their forces while we suffer.  Better to rebuild our armies with those funds.

S1lentWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • S1lently Wandering
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: February 18, 2023, 11:44:05 pm »

C

At this point, I don't think we can afford more war, from a population/military standpoint.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: February 19, 2023, 12:15:45 am »

B

My pride is too much right now for me to be fine with giving those zealot warmongering jerks a dime!

C Damad should not be underestimated. A peace offer is worth accepting if it’s on the table. The Damadians have stabbed us in the back in the past, but I believe a holy war on a state paying tribute is difficult for them to justify.
They are ZEALOTS the casus belli they use to justify a war is not based on logical thought or practicality! Our mere existence as heathens is enough justification for any war! As long as the zealots continue to rule and the empire exists they will attack us again in the future, all we are doing by succumbing to their demands is giving them more funds so they can recover faster and kick our butt even harder next time around. Depending on just how zealot the leader is they may not even wait till the tributary deal is over with. We either somehow finish them off NOW, pray they collapse/become less zealot sooner rather than later, convert to their religion, or wait for the inevitable next holy war and pray for a miracle.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 12:31:02 am by Fluffe9911 »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: February 19, 2023, 04:54:25 pm »

C While I am usually on the hate Damad, and all Damdamians, train. In fact I remember vividly talking about how much I prefer the Pantheon throughout my time here, and voted at every turn to return us to it's worship during this game. I've mentioned the burning want to humiliate Damdamian and avenge Luathbas multiple times. But quite frankly, after reading up on the war from back then, and with how our marshal blatantly told us that our loses are going to outpace our populations ability to field young men to fight, we can't afford to keep fighting the combined crusader army of, I'm generalizing since I don't remember quite how many Damdamian Empire split offs there are, 3-5ish countries, let alone occupy them and force a surrender. We need time to recover, prepare, and maybe work on forming our own anti-Damdamian coalition. Yoe the Great, first emperor of Methiant, suffered set backs and defeats, quite a few of them in fact, but given time he had his vengeance.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 07:20:39 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: March 01, 2023, 01:44:14 pm »

a
bbb
ccccc

"That is fairly reasonable. Agreed, we can swallow this bitter drink of tribute." Your words are welcomed with noise and murmur and the Advisor has to calm the courtiers once again. This admission of defeat sure won't do your authority well.

1218 AD, Winter

The joyful day of your marriage to young Mera has arrived, and so did the bride!

She is a tall, but a rather thin, girl, with a rather fragile shape of a body. Her long black hair and charming smile do go well with the sharp blue eyes she possesses, though.

The ceremony goes without a problem and the marriage feast begins in earnest!

Much to your dismay, and dismay of your courtiers, no one from your extended family showed up. The bride's father, Aron, showed up with his two sonds, Leath and Ethil. The only representative, if any, of Eldrican, is your elder cousin Rubert, but after giving felicitations on behalf of his brother Feir, King of Eldrican, it is obvious he isn't here to discuss politics with you. No one from Brynwald's family or Helliste court came at all.

Few hours into the feast, the castle guards arrive to bring you urgent news.

"Your Majesty, a delegation of Rucusian knights and lords have arrived. They say they're here to congratulate you on your marriage. They've brought some sort of a gift, too, but they refused to say what." You quickly call up the Advisor, who brushes his beard thoughtfully.

"Well, it is in bad taste to turn away guests coming to partake in a wedding or funeral celebrations, especially ones bringing gifts, but on other hand, they were on the side of our enemies just few months ago, my liege."

A) "Today we drink and make merry, lets have Rucusians taste Methiantese hospitality for once!"
B) "Turn them away, I do not want such a sweet celebration be soured by their presence!"
C) "They're enemies! And there's only one way to deal with my enemies! To the dungeon with them!!"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 01:48:30 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: March 01, 2023, 01:54:06 pm »

B

I have a feeling that they may have figured out who was behind the fire blood sabotage. To avoid too much diplomatic ire, tell them that it’s rude to show up to a wedding uninvited.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 01:56:14 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: March 01, 2023, 02:22:52 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: March 01, 2023, 03:20:31 pm »

A - Sacred Hospitality!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: March 01, 2023, 03:35:26 pm »

A

S1lentWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • S1lently Wandering
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: March 01, 2023, 03:57:46 pm »

A, Let's start putting the work into stabilizing this political nightmare, one feast-guest at a time.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: March 01, 2023, 05:17:58 pm »

A Lets give em a chance surely they don't got the gaul to try to kill us at a wedding right? Besides they aint got any actual proof that we did it and if they do we got a spymaster we need to fire.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: March 02, 2023, 01:32:44 am »

Anyone think that the lack of important guests, (like the Damad-aligned Eldricans) may be the result them being warned about an impending bomb-plot?

Please understand that what we did to Rucus was horrible. We killed more civilians than soldiers. I would not be surprised if these people see us as monsters undeserving of hospitality.

So I really don’t think we should let these schemers complete the final step of their plan.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #16288 on: March 02, 2023, 01:54:36 am »

Apologies for the double-post, but I think it’s also important to remember that we did this a while ago
Spoiler: Very important (click to show/hide)
As a result, we’ve become rather unpopular with our nobles (I mean just look at our wedding turnout), and they haven’t taken our surrender to the damadians very well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide to strike in a moment of weakness. Hospitality be dammed! We broke the rules by becoming God-emperor in the first place, I’m sure there are plenty that are longing for a return to the good-old days now that we’ve outlived our usefulness as a shield against Damad.

Vote C
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:00:03 am by heydude6 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: March 02, 2023, 03:02:18 am »

B
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087