Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776166 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15690 on: February 06, 2019, 08:51:48 pm »

That generally requires culling of those that do show signs of defects, which I doubt we're able to do.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15691 on: February 10, 2019, 01:23:08 pm »

bbb
ccccccccc

You decide to let her marry whom she wishes. Apparently Deathan didn't object either and gave Duach permission, too.

Just two weeks later they marry in traditional Pantheonist ceremony.

1216 AD, Winter

In the rush to begin mining of silver, the northern overseers have forego safety and caution; a major tunnel collapse and then landslide killed dozens of overly enthusiastic miners and damaging many buildings. Basically, this sets the silver works back to the beginning.

Hopefully next year the Treasury will see some fresh silver bullion delivered...

5to6

From more fortunate news, the t'chai leaves sold in the west for hefty profits!

Gold and gemstones fill the treasury, as well as Gubtan coinage, for the eastern traders brought the agreed-upon money for the horses you're selling to Mahjar Sim's stables.

6*

After you've finished an old tale about King Meric of Luathbas and his fabled, riches-filled tomb, its location lost to people's memory, a persistent thought remains. What if it the tomb, and its riches are real?

So over the course of few nights, you dug into ancient books, histories and religious reports pertaining King Meric's passing and funeral. You compare writings with more recent essays and literary works on the subject. You look into the old maps and sketches, and compare them to the images composed by scholars at House of Learning. You even seek help of few of their brightest cartographers and historians.

As the nights pass, more and more evidence points to an astounding conclusion - King Meric has been buried in the hills outside Methe! Back then, the hills in question were far beyond Methe's walls, the area covered in thick forest. Nowadays, they're right beyond the outer walls, covered in grass that cows munch for breakfast, their owners blissfully unaware of riches underneath.

Then again, would farmers and governors simply let cows graze over dead king's tomb?

The hills are currently not even used, for a layer of snow has covered the old grass. Maybe it's the perfect time and opportunity to see if King's Meric tomb really exists?

A) I'm not a tomb-defiler, though. King Meric deserves his rest and his riches.
B) I will send money to the Royal House of Learning so that they can begin archeological excavations right away.
C) I will entice some lvl20+ adventurers to dig up the treasure, even if one can be sure they will help themselves to a part of it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:37:59 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: February 10, 2019, 01:32:54 pm »

Any of the old Spamkingdom 1 players remember if King Meric of Luathbas was actually buried with riches? And if he was played as the sort of person to aggressively haunt his tomb?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15693 on: February 10, 2019, 01:50:53 pm »

I don't remember a King Meric at all, and the old thread doesn't seem to mention him.

A - Let's avoid a wild goose chase

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15694 on: February 10, 2019, 02:10:09 pm »

B

No shame in trying.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15695 on: February 10, 2019, 02:12:21 pm »

B No tomb shall be left unplundered.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: February 10, 2019, 02:26:25 pm »

Last two tombs I remember plundering:
-Got us into a war with the dworfs
-Gave us an evil artifact that killed Houlandin II

Tomb raiding is bad business. I'm leaning A. But this is the tomb of a normal Human, so I can be convinced otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:13:34 pm by Weirdsound »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: February 10, 2019, 03:40:14 pm »

C, when was the last time when hired some adventurers?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15698 on: February 10, 2019, 03:45:35 pm »

I don't remember a King Meric at all, and the old thread doesn't seem to mention him.

A - Let's avoid a wild goose chase
Maybe the actual name is lost in translation? I believe “The golden age of the Houlandines” is still in print, or at least widely read.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15699 on: February 10, 2019, 03:47:47 pm »

B
We rolled a 6*, even if it's not King Meric there's gotta be something!

Last two tombs I remember plundering:
-Got us into a war with the dworfs
-Gave us an evil artifact that killed Houlandin II

Tomb raiding is bad business. I'm leaning A. But this is the tomb of a normal Human, so I can be convinced otherwise.

And before those was the human tomb that held our Coronation Staff and the Wolf-Fang Sword. So if we stick to human burials (and more or less our own ancestors at that) I think we're okay.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:58:49 pm by mightymushroom »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: February 10, 2019, 04:13:34 pm »

You decide to fund archeological dig with help of House of Learning; it will take longer due to their methodical approach, but will be much cheaper in the long run.

1216 AD, Midwinter

Success! Just few days into the dig, the diggers broke through the roof (and the one with the pickaxe fell in) into a spacious, rectangular chamber lined with flat stones!

Immediately, the scholars began to catalog the whole inventory, of which there was not as much as one could expect from ancient tales. They've accounted several hundred gold and silver coins, some old clothes (many being green and red, typical for dynasties before Houlandines), clay and stone pottery, remains of a horse and a dog, as well as a stone sarcophagus. Some bone dust and skull fragments were found inside, suggesting that it wasn't sealed properly. Besides the dusty remains, a collection of small blades in protective clothing was found. Their blades are dull and rusty, but gem-encrusted handles are made of precious metals.

The money has been cleaned and restored - its net worth has unfortunately more or less equaled the payment for House's scholars. The blades were cleaned as well, and sold to collectors for another bunch of money as well. All in all, the Treasury profited from this years' trade of t'chai more than from the dig.

The most exquisite item found inside the sarcophagus, however, was a heavy, gold-cast goblet, adorned with amethysts, onyxes and sards. The scholars are pretty sure that this must be the legendary 'Jewelled Cup of Stars', an item which King Meric (supposedly) used to cure his kingdom of plague in 650s, as well as saved two of his children from the dreaded swamp fever. The runic inscriptions are faded, and only with help of some dwarven Vaulters your archeologists manage to ascertain that some faint trace of magic is embedded within this heavy piece of solid gold and dark jewels.

"What do we do with the goblet, my liege?" The Advisor says, staring down along with you at the golden vessel in question. It sure is pretty, but as you lift it, you doubt it could be even used for ceremonial purposes, or even drinking. It's too heavy for that. "Do we sell it?"

A) "We've been strapped for cash lately, and such a beautiful piece of goldwork will surely be priced well. Let's sell it!"
B) "No, we will keep it in the artifact vault as Crown Jewel of Methiant! Nothing wrong with having a robust collection, you know."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: February 10, 2019, 04:15:05 pm »

Saves children from Swamp Fever? Yeah. Keeping that.

B

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15702 on: February 10, 2019, 04:15:15 pm »

B

Anti-plague goblet? Yes please
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: February 10, 2019, 04:24:33 pm »

B

JACKPOT! Now we have a means to cure any plagues that pop up

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:02 pm »

650s? That's why I don't recognise the name!

B
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1087