Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775544 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15105 on: September 24, 2018, 06:54:21 pm »

Yes
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: September 24, 2018, 06:59:20 pm »

Noyes

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: September 24, 2018, 07:06:47 pm »

A

Now that we have less reason to placate the nobles as a class a Bill of Rights might be greater overall benefit than previously (supposing Houlandin actually wants to overcome his more despotic tendencies).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: September 24, 2018, 07:12:11 pm »

Just because they have rights doesn't mean they have power. There's a difference between the two :P

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: September 24, 2018, 07:27:09 pm »

Giving them rights is a horrible idea. It'll just end up like giving the nobles more power did. With them trying to force us to give them even more rights and privileges. I'm more concerned with keeping our army strong and loyal out of all of our people. The Damdamians have always been an ever looming evil threat to the south, Eldrican is showing concerning signs of very possible conflict heading our way while it's under our traitorous relative, The Sim Empire so far hasn't really formed any really major connections between our Empires besides the spice trade which hasn't seemed to benefits relations as far as I can tell, and the North relatively recently cut deeply into the trade ties we've built with them over the years. Though I will admit that our port deal with Helliste shows some promise for continued relations.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: September 24, 2018, 07:42:04 pm »

Giving them rights is a horrible idea. It'll just end up like giving the nobles more power did. With them trying to force us to give them even more rights and privileges. I'm more concerned with keeping our army strong and loyal out of all of our people. The Damdamians have always been an ever looming evil threat to the south, Eldrican is showing concerning signs of very possible conflict heading our way while it's under our traitorous relative, The Sim Empire so far hasn't really formed any really major connections between our Empires besides the spice trade which hasn't seemed to benefits relations as far as I can tell, and the North relatively recently cut deeply into the trade ties we've built with them over the years. Though I will admit that our port deal with Helliste shows some promise for continued relations.
Can't end any worse than making Pantheonism the state religion. They have caused more trouble having power than the peasants have not having power.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: September 24, 2018, 07:46:17 pm »

Exactly, the peasants aren't causing trouble already so we don't need to placate them. We can make sure everyone is super happy when there are no longer multiple sizable threats looming on the horizon. For now we need a strong army to deal with the threats, and if the peasants start acting up we can appease them then.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:23 pm »

Exactly, the peasants aren't causing trouble already so we don't need to placate them. We can make sure everyone is super happy when there are no longer multiple sizable threats looming on the horizon. For now we need a strong army to deal with the threats, and if the peasants start acting up we can appease them then.

For the highlighted part I'm not sure I understand why making our citizens more satisfied with their lives in our empire would negatively impact our preparedness; if nothing else, don't they supply the bulk of men and material for our army? We want them believing Methiant-Cydwyl is a safer place and its emperor a more just ruler than anywhere and anyone else who might bid for their allegiance.

But I can accept the first and last bits that even the associated loss of happiness and authority should leave us in the middle ground in both stats. (for now . . .)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: September 24, 2018, 08:22:17 pm »

A

Eldrican has already made clear that they want our throne. Asking them for help would seem like weakness, which they might use in their advantage. Helliste seems like a better option.

I'm still doubtful about asking them for help, because the power projection (/imperial authority) of us doing it alone seems like an immense bonus. However, power projection isn't our most important problem right now. Better be certain of our victory in this struggle before we start focusing on such comparatively minor bonuses.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: September 24, 2018, 08:35:00 pm »

If we do the BoR, I figure we can get the "spread freedom" casus belli.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: September 24, 2018, 08:44:39 pm »

For the highlighted part I'm not sure I understand why making our citizens more satisfied with their lives in our empire would negatively impact our preparedness; if nothing else, don't they supply the bulk of men and material for our army? We want them believing Methiant-Cydwyl is a safer place and its emperor a more just ruler than anywhere and anyone else who might bid for their allegiance.
Sorry if it isn't clear, but I consider Super happy to be different from just happy, obviously we should do our best to keep our citizens happy since that's where we get most of our soldiers from. Happy is the average happiness, while Super happy is Ruberta-as-ruler levels of happiness.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: September 24, 2018, 09:43:42 pm »

A bill of rights would keep us at base levels of happy. It would be a lot less likely to cause problems with our peeps because the power is decentralized. It's not really powers so much as protections. Worse case scenario, we have to deal with a few peeps that are abusing peasants. Also, it makes them happy, and that makes us less likely to have problems with them in the first place.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:05 pm »

Correction, our power structure is centralised, not decentralised.

But yeah, giving them a baseline of protections would go a long way of ensuring they're mollified without having to put it up when they've really angry. And with some luck they'll go making a ruckus about rights in Eldrican or such, meaning we can hit them on the sly.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15118 on: September 24, 2018, 11:00:43 pm »

Giving peasants rights would also help cement our deconstruction of noble privilege (outside the royalty.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: September 24, 2018, 11:19:03 pm »

Correction, our power structure is centralised, not decentralised.

no. I'm saying that the power given by the Bill of rights would be decentralized amongst the peasants. They are not elected leaders acting as nobles or anything. They have no central figure to apply that power against us.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1087