Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777125 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14205 on: August 27, 2018, 02:56:06 pm »

Hmmm. I'm not sure which choice would lead to that, but it actually seems most likely to be C.

Also, is anyone else getting the feeling that we're on the road to being a tyrant? We're a hedonistic king bad at keeping his promises who is also a genius who's hard to kill, lucky, and good at fighting, not to mention we have full control over the most powerful army in the area. Oh, and we're hard to poison, so that would likely be less of a problem for us. The thing is, we're not immune to poison. Combined with the fact that we don't exactly have full control over Yoe... I'm actually thinking we may want to hold off on doing much of anything until this Yoe is dead.

Yeah. He's most definitely a tyrant. I mean, we've already started with the political purges!

Which begs the question... If we can't beat Yoe's urges, why don't we just go full-bore on them? I mean, yeah, I would like the deal with Cydwyl to go well, but when all it takes is a coin-flip to go wrong. Kind of prefer to have that whole mess over with so we can enjoy Emperor crazy-party instead of worrying about all that.

EDIT: Actually... Does our dad have any other sons available? If we can kill off Yoe and elect one of his sons to lead the country, that might still be enough to satisfy both sides maybe.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: August 27, 2018, 03:00:56 pm »

No Ruberta was his only wife. Our younger sister is about to get married, but her first born would be in line to inherit Helliste, so that could complicate giving the Empire to her kids.

Our best bet to keep the nation in Cyl's bloodline but not Yoe's is to find a husband for our older sister before she becomes an old maid.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: August 27, 2018, 03:01:23 pm »

I do believe going full tyrant will let us die quicker, and would make the transition to the next emperor easier since everyone would be able to agree the previous one sucked. And since we can't really beat the tyrant bit, it may actually be a good idea to go full tyrant.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: August 27, 2018, 03:04:20 pm »

aaa
b
ccccccc

This is all fine and nice, but only every few months. Once a year, maybe. In the morning, you dismiss the pretty things to better deal with the head-splitting hangover.

You ought to establish some festival schedule or something.

1195 AD, Late Spring

After few weeks of pacifying the pockets of resistance, the Army is ready to depart. Ajarat Padarashka, as a parting gift 'to fellow conqueror', has given you gold-ink parchment in which Mahjar Sim agrees to division of Parsia; the Gubtans taking what was theirs before Shapur's conquests, and the remainder - along with city of Karasau - going into hands of Methiant.

You decide it is time to head home, altough part of the Army will remain in Parsia, for uprisings of various kind are ought to happen.

Congratulations! Yoe IV has successfully concluded a military campaign!

1195 AD, Summer

You return triumphiantly to Methe, leading the parade of victorious soldiers, carrying much of loot! The Royal Treasury accounts that the captured jewelry, gold and coinage amounts for what your silver mines make in two years.

Heads

What to do with part of the loot?

A) Give it to the people of Methiant, let them know I'm generous!
B) Throw a big party for me and my soldiers!
C) Put it into the Treasury, of course!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: August 27, 2018, 03:05:45 pm »

A

Probably couldn't hurt to bribe the masses!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: August 27, 2018, 03:08:09 pm »

C we need to get 7 or whatever wealth to make war reparations on parsia

altough A would appease the hapiness that might have got a hit
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: August 27, 2018, 03:09:51 pm »

C

Once our treasury is full and our army has recovered, we can hire Simian or Dwarf help for a great war against the alliance of Eldrican/Rucus/Lamentia

Actually, lets go A

The nobility may never like us, but we can go full populist and at least have the people on our side.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:11:34 pm by Weirdsound »

Hotfire90

« Reply #14212 on: August 27, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »

C Our economy was at 4 for the last two years, the treasury needs the money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: August 27, 2018, 03:13:12 pm »

Hopefully we captured some new resources from Parsia that we may exploit annually. All the treasure we stole has to have come from somewhere.

Also, we should start getting income from our new iron mines soon. Hopefully.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: August 27, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »

C.

Hopefully we captured some new resources from Parsia that we may exploit annually. All the treasure we stole has to have come from somewhere.

Didn't we retake the gold mines we pawned off on them all those years ago, or did we get that back in the last war?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14215 on: August 27, 2018, 03:15:38 pm »

C.

Didn't we retake the gold mines we pawned off on them all those years ago, or did we get that back in the last war?
We got those, but Parsia also had a gemstone mine we recieved tribute from, I hope we captured that one as well now.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »

A

The soldiers are happier now. Let's have their enthusiasm spill over into the rest of the population.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »

Yeah. I think we got those gold mines in the last war, but they have since been depleted.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: August 27, 2018, 03:19:02 pm »

C.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: August 27, 2018, 03:21:21 pm »

C. This is ours now.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1087