Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776038 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13335 on: July 30, 2018, 01:26:03 pm »

Our spymaster concluded that they were responsible for both assassination attempts, we later then presented the evidence to an Eldrican envoy and gave him a copy of it, and never got a response.

I think we can defeat both Rucus and Eldrican without too much trouble, we got a powerful army, a martial genius and our artifacts. The martial bonus along with our elite soldiers adds +3 to our rolls, if we're lucky our luck activates and we get an additional +1, then there's also the bronze flabearer which should also provides bonuses to our rolls, should we keep the lazerhorse we'll also have that to aid us in the war. Now the plague seems to have depleted the nomadic tribes in Eldrican which probably weakened them militarily, I do think we have a good chance of winning the war.

I'm alright with the idea of attacking Albion once we inherit Cydwyl, but I think invading Rosmana would be a bad idea. It took the entire coalition of Methiant, Cydwyl and the others as well as excellent rolls to beat the Rosmanans to a stalemate.
wait a minute isn’t lamatia in the way of rucus we would have to invade two countries in your plan. I think lamatia has a martial king though he might have died.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: July 30, 2018, 01:28:48 pm »

Our spymaster concluded that they were responsible for both assassination attempts, we later then presented the evidence to an Eldrican envoy and gave him a copy of it, and never got a response.

I think we can defeat both Rucus and Eldrican without too much trouble, we got a powerful army, a martial genius and our artifacts. The martial bonus along with our elite soldiers adds +3 to our rolls, if we're lucky our luck activates and we get an additional +1, then there's also the bronze flabearer which should also provides bonuses to our rolls, should we keep the lazerhorse we'll also have that to aid us in the war. Now the plague seems to have depleted the nomadic tribes in Eldrican which probably weakened them militarily, I do think we have a good chance of winning the war.

Many years might have passed, but Ruccus might still have that Martial leader who killed Houladin hanging around. I'm also very concerned that such a war could end with the Cult of the Dammed calling some sort of crusade against us, and Methiant having to fend off literally every Damdamian state that there is.

...That said, your points are good, and we are fated to live a long life and have many children, so what the hell, we may be able to win that war if we start it soon!

Still, I think Rossama is a better choice. I don't think any of the battles against them were actually rolled? Were they? Even if they were, as you said, we have a Martial/Lucky leader with a magic banner and possible laz0rhorse now. I also don't think the the alliance was actually that interested in a counter-attack/invasion. Also, we could probably talk the Sim Empire into helping out now that it has recovered from its instability.

The long and short of it is Rossama doesn't seem to have any friends, but Eldrican/Rucus do.

If we are going to wage war we should wait the oportunity to rise and we have a casus belli

We can "hide" his hedonism getting a title on the church maybe, be the emperor-priest devout to the god of love or pleasure, maybe we can press our point inside the church to make us the archpriest and change the rules of the religion from the inside.

These are both good points. We also know the nobles of Cydwyl have much more power than the nobles of Methiant. Once our father dies, we could name ourself head of the Pantheonist church, and launch a civil war to purge both the pesky northern nobles and any members of the clergy who disagree with us.

I'm alright with the idea of attacking Albion once we inherit Cydwyl, but I think invading Rosmana would be a bad idea. It took the entire coalition of Methiant, Cydwyl and the others as well as excellent rolls to beat the Rosmanans to a stalemate.
wait a minute isn’t lamatia in the way of rucus we would have to invade two countries in your plan. I think lamatia has a martial king though he might have died.

That was Rucus. They had/have a Martial crown prince. He could either be dead or king by now.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: July 30, 2018, 01:33:32 pm »

One would think that he is dead given the large time skip and all the time that has passed from houladin. Also didn’t lamatia have fireblood weaponry
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:35:31 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13338 on: July 30, 2018, 02:01:09 pm »

We share a border with Rucus through Eval.

Many years might have passed, but Ruccus might still have that Martial leader who killed Houladin hanging around. I'm also very concerned that such a war could end with the Cult of the Dammed calling some sort of crusade against us, and Methiant having to fend off literally every Damdamian state that there is.

...That said, your points are good, and we are fated to live a long life and have many children, so what the hell, we may be able to win that war if we start it soon!

Still, I think Rossama is a better choice. I don't think any of the battles against them were actually rolled? Were they? Even if they were, as you said, we have a Martial/Lucky leader with a magic banner and possible laz0rhorse now. I also don't think the the alliance was actually that interested in a counter-attack/invasion. Also, we could probably talk the Sim Empire into helping out now that it has recovered from its instability.

The long and short of it is Rossama doesn't seem to have any friends, but Eldrican/Rucus do.
I've checked and there were no rolls, except one in which we ambushed one of their armies who were heading into Cydwyl and slaughtered them and captured a few lizards and lizard eggs in the process. There's also the treaty at the end of the war that prohibits us from attacking them, while Methiant never agreed to that treaty, we're still bound by it.

I wouldn't worry too much about a Damdamian crusade against Methiant, the Damdamians have become less united than they were before their Empire was fractured, Damedia contains the most zealous damedians and they've been recently defeated in the war against the Sim Empire. We should be fine, especially if we use our evidence if we still have it as our casus belli.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: July 30, 2018, 02:13:39 pm »

So do you guys think that if a war broke out between us and eldrican and cydwyl came to our aid what would they want as war gains maybe just war reparations but I am not sure.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: July 30, 2018, 02:14:50 pm »

We share a border with Rucus through Eval.

I forget the exact reason, but last time we fought Rucus, there was some complication with the invasion plan and we decided it was better to invade through Lamentia than Eval. I think there might be a river at the Rucus/Eval border or something.

There's also the treaty at the end of the war that prohibits us from attacking them, while Methiant never agreed to that treaty, we're still bound by it.

I should ask about that in the Lore thread. Every peace treaty I've ever seen in Spamkingdom (although I've only read 3 and parts of 2 so I could be missing something) has had a time limit on it.

Also, I wouldn't feel too bad about violating a treaty that no Methianese leader ever signed.

I wouldn't worry too much about a Damdamian crusade against Methiant, the Damdamians have become less united than they were before their Empire was fractured, Damedia contains the most zealous damedians and they've been recently defeated in the war against the Sim Empire. We should be fine, especially if we use our evidence if we still have it as our casus belli.

You make a good point, but when Ruberta sent her cartographers to explore the Damdamian lands, they made a point to emphasize how strong the Damdamian sense of brotherhood was upon their return. Perhaps we wont face a full on crusade, but I wouldn't be shocked at all of a Damdamian nation or two decides to throw a wrench in our plans and side with Eldrican/Rucus.

So do you guys think that if a war broke out between us and eldrican and cydwyl came to our aid what would they want as war gains maybe just war reparations but I am not sure.

That wouldn't be an issue. Anything we give them, we would just get right back when we inherit the throne of Cydwyl.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:23:09 pm by Weirdsound »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: July 30, 2018, 02:20:58 pm »

Yeah maybe a better question is what would the nobles of cydwyl want I mean cydwyl nobles are more independent then our Gentry folk even the king of cydwyl would have to show something for all of the dead young men that the king in their minds wasted.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:27:19 pm by Basil ii »

Hotfire90

« Reply #13342 on: July 30, 2018, 02:28:39 pm »

The original plan was to invade Rucus through Eval, but some of us got greedy and wanted to invade through Lamentania instead. Important to note is that the king of Rucus asked us for our casus belli at the time, so chances are that if we present a good reason for why we're invading Eldrican that might leave us alone.

It is a possibility that either the Damdamian Empire or the Republic might intervene by sending some soldiers to aid Rucus, but I don't think that they will intervene directly by themselves. Rucus did get reinforcements from the Damdamian Empire, but that was before it was officially fractured.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: July 30, 2018, 02:31:48 pm »

The original plan was to invade Rucus through Eval, but some of us got greedy and wanted invade through Lamentania instead. Important to note is that the king of Rucus asked us for our casus belli at the time, so chances are that if we present a good reason for why we're invading Eldrican that might leave us alone.

It is a possibility that either the Damdamian Empire or the Republic might intervene by sending some soldiers to aid Rucus, but I don't think that they will intervene directly by themselves. Rucus did get reinforcements from the Damdamian Empire, but that was before it was officially fractured.
the damedians are a lot more weaker and distracted with the reformed Gupta we might have a chance at conquering eldrican without interference.

Hotfire90

« Reply #13344 on: July 30, 2018, 02:37:22 pm »

The original plan was to invade Rucus through Eval, but some of us got greedy and wanted invade through Lamentania instead. Important to note is that the king of Rucus asked us for our casus belli at the time, so chances are that if we present a good reason for why we're invading Eldrican that might leave us alone.

the damedians are a lot more weaker and distracted with the reformed Gupta we might have a chance at conquering eldrican without interference.
The Damedians aren't a single Empire anymore, besides the Empire and Republic are too far away to care about the Sim Empire, and Ysirene and Damedia have a truce with them.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: July 30, 2018, 02:42:49 pm »

About the damedians not being an empire what I was referring to was the damedian hegemony regardless of how much they dislike each other they will back the other one up which is a problem.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: July 30, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »

aa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

You agree that a dramatic currency reevaluation event is required to nip the bud of inflation before it blooms into truly horrific proportions.

1193 AD, Mid-Spring

You receive news from your father; with death of the last Dahnian King, who left no heir, he has exerted some pressure upon Dahnian noblemen and annexed the vassal Kingdom. Cydwyl is now a single polity.

1193 AD, Late Spring

Ah, you can't simply resist her.

There's this new maid, exact age of yours, with flowing waterfall of goldilocks and deep, blue eyes. A Helliste, or Albionese, that one. Despite her young age, she already posseses huge tracts of land, and you're sure she was more or less awkwardly flirting with you when you two met in the palatial library - you to read some history of the Empire, her to dust off the shelves.

Since then, you've been thinking about her, and even night-time lance polishing didn't shake that smile and those eyes from your memory. If only her name remained there as well!

Heads

So?

A) I must have her! As soon as tonight!
B) I'm an Emperor now. I must show restraint.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: July 30, 2018, 04:05:22 pm »

B

Where we can resist, we should.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: July 30, 2018, 04:05:46 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hotfire90

« Reply #13349 on: July 30, 2018, 04:06:11 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1087