Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776601 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12930 on: July 19, 2018, 05:55:46 pm »

No Edict. Personally I'd like to vote for Adopt a State Religion (Pantheonism) later but eh I'm pretty ok with continuing Ruberta's policy of not rocking the boat for now.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12931 on: July 19, 2018, 07:32:00 pm »

You want to endorse the people who tried to overthrow our dynasty for no bloody reason other than being upset at not getting special treatment?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:15 pm »

You want to endorse the people who tried to overthrow our dynasty for no bloody reason other than being upset at not getting special treatment?

To be fair, we endorsed them when we married Cyl and started praying to Pantheonist fertility gods. And if we make Pantheonism a state religion, we could eventually double cross their clergy, purge their leadership, and name ourselves head of the church.

Honestly, I think we should keep the option to either declare Freedom of Religion, or name a state religion in our back pocket. If our merger with Cydwyl starts going poorly, we can declare for Pantheonism (which Cydwyl practices) as a way to smooth things out. If we do not need to do that, we can bring back freedom of religion once the two nations have peacefully become one.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: July 19, 2018, 08:49:59 pm »

Indeed... I also think that it's just too early to go after freedom of religion. The pantheonist rebellion was only a decade ago. They are still going to (rightfully) feel like they can control what we do and if need be remove us. Just repassing the law again is going to spark another rebellion... We're going to need to wait until their power or organization wanes, do it intelligently, and make sure we have a firm control... Or at least, that's the plan of action that I would suggest if it wasn't how we did the first time, and it didn't matter because in a couple of generations they rebelled anyway. As is I'm not sure if there's any point in religious freedom if it just means we'll get a major rebellion that kills our king and forces us to rescind it eventually.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: July 20, 2018, 01:23:54 am »

Now that I'm no longer falling asleep, I'm changing my vote to No Edict.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: July 20, 2018, 01:58:17 am »

I don't think revoking the trade commission is a bad idea - in fact I think we'll need to do it to encourage trade at some point now that our native resources are exhausted - but I also accept the no edict option.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: July 20, 2018, 03:26:12 am »

Let's get the cash up first and maybe cut out one of our state patronage programs then we can revoke the trade commission.

Lets be honest the art thing hasn't done much for us.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: July 20, 2018, 03:27:12 am »

It's improving our culture, which whilst not a number on the scrolls, is important too.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:24 am »

Sure, but maybe cut back until we establish new sources of income?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: July 20, 2018, 03:35:00 am »

Sure lets cut back on that army we're overfunding. Oh wait, you already skipped that option.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: July 20, 2018, 03:42:14 am »

We are at war with the orc world right now aren't we?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: July 20, 2018, 03:45:39 am »

It's not as if orcworld is a single entity that can be waged war against. Every other time we did this, we just purged random settlements until we got bored.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: July 20, 2018, 12:30:58 pm »

No Edict. Personally I'd like to vote for Adopt a State Religion (Pantheonism) later but eh I'm pretty ok with continuing Ruberta's policy of not rocking the boat for now.
+1
Also, nice map.
Edit: regarding the map, is anyone else getting the urge to annex Cydwyl?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:36:41 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: July 20, 2018, 12:58:09 pm »

+1
Also, nice map.
Edit: regarding the map, is anyone else getting the urge to annex Cydwyl?

Considering we're six years into an attempt to diplo-annex them I don't think you're the only player with that urge.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: July 20, 2018, 01:51:56 pm »

We've been patiently diplo-annexing them for years now, let's not turn to military annexation and ruin it all.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1087