Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776807 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12405 on: June 22, 2018, 01:28:22 pm »

C
A
A: Charisma

I think Charisma is the best trait, and the chance to get it in a ?self stacking? and multi generational form should be cool.

Also it might let us deal with Cyl on even ground, not that he's not been good so far... But just in case.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:31:08 pm by Criptfeind »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:40 pm »

A
A
A:
Super Effective against Magical Foes

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: June 22, 2018, 01:58:06 pm »

E
B
C: Improved luck
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: June 22, 2018, 01:58:40 pm »

C
A
A: Charisma

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: June 22, 2018, 02:01:21 pm »

C
C
A charisma

If we make our whole kingdom charismatic we might get some mad culture bonuses.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: June 22, 2018, 02:07:44 pm »

C
C
A charisma

If we make our whole kingdom charismatic we might get some mad culture bonuses.
+1 unless someone suggests something better

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: June 22, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »

CAA : Charisma

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: June 22, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »

An entire kingdom of charismatics is going to be rife with philanderers, false prophets, and other sources of strife.

(P.S. There's always an option to pay Wizards with an artifact. I don't know if they care about dwarf ones, but shouldn't they want to rid the world of a Sorceress's creation? Just to keep in mind if things do get ugly.)

Putting out some ideas:

It would be really cool to have something to protect against, or even attack, enemy Fireblood, as it seems those weapons will increasingly dominate the future. I'm having trouble working out the details though.

Or something that protects against falling damage so that we can ride Horsey safely. Also run around on rooftops, climb mountains, and have similar adventures if the chance arises.

A piece of furniture that grants health in the local area would be good, no need to go into seclusion during plagues. And our last health boon seems to have improved fertility as well, a plus for a royal family.

crazyabe is pretty close to that last one, I'll vote
E
B
C: Improved luck

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: June 22, 2018, 02:28:31 pm »

An entire kingdom of charismatics is going to be rife with philanderers, false prophets, and other sources of strife.
I'm not seeing the problem.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: June 22, 2018, 02:32:50 pm »

It's an interesting idea, but I suspect such a global always on enchantment would end up being pretty weak. And that we'd also suffer some hella wicked withdraw as a nation if we loose the artifact.

It also doesn't actually help us directly.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: June 22, 2018, 02:45:59 pm »

You ask for a piece of jewelry that affects your charisma. She then conjures up a scroll into hands of your Treasurer, who shares it with the Advisor.

"With what we have in the Treasury right now, we can safely afford the Sorceress' services and still have enough to cover our yearly expenses if we assume even the lowest of profits for next half of the year." You nod at your courtiers - you will get the artifact done.

The Sorceress asks for one bar of silver, one piece of crystal rock, and one rod made of iron. A peculiar set of requests, but your servants quickly procure them from the treasury, royal storerooms and elsewhere within few hours.

The nude silvermen grab the rod and effortlessly bend it into a small circle, wide but thin, hammering onto it with their fists.

The centipede devours the crystal, munching on it, before spitting it out. It's rough shape has been replaced with a green stone of eighty eight sides, with shine and clarity unmatched by any other crystal you ever saw.

The goblins tear apart the silver bar into numerous pieces, either size of a nail or a knucklebone.

Yornantei then gathers all those 'pieces' into her left palm, and she asks for a hammer which she takes with her right hand. She swings it, looking at the pieces. She swings it three times, always slowing down and stopping before hitting her palm. People murmur as the swinging continues for a while.

Then you notice that the wind has picked up and a breeze, seemingly out of nowhere, begun to wash across the throne room with chill and even frost!

Suddenly, the Sorceress shouts something in unknown language and strikes her palm and the ingredients with the hammer. A sickeningly green light blinds you and causes your to scream. A blast of hurricane wind topples you and the throne as you hear your noblemen and servants tumble and trip over each other.

But then it is all over; the wind is gone, and so is the light. Guards help you up as you stare at Yornantei's hand; a dark bracelet is wobbling in the air above it, glowing with the green light from the gemstone adorning it, and you see the silver pieces, made into perfect squares and orbs, vibrate visibly.

Soon however even all this subsides, and the bracelet, still and calm, falls down onto Worldserpent's palm. Slowly, she makes her way to you and, with a smirk on her face, takes your hand - you can feel some unholy energy go up your skin, as if thousands needles were pricking you - and places the metal bracelet on your wrist. The bracelet feels both uncomfortably hot and very heavy.

But once the Sorceress lets go, you no longer feel any discomfort - instead, the bracelet feels as if tailor-made. It is resting on your wrist snugly and weighs very little.

"There you go, your trinket." You look up at the iron bracelet. It is of highest craftssorceressship. It is adorned with green beryl and decorated with silver.

"What's it name?" You inquire. Yornantei laughs.

"Bracelet of Charisma." She brushes her blue hair and looks at you condescendingly. "I expect to be paid for services rendered, oh Empress."

You decide to...

A) Ask the guards to get rid of the Sorceress.
B) Let the Sorceress take the money she requested.
C) Negotiate for a lower price.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:49:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: June 22, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »

B

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: June 22, 2018, 02:53:46 pm »

B.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:30 pm »

B

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: June 22, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1087