Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776607 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12345 on: June 19, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »

I don't like the idea of pushing Elran too hard. He is aligned with Rucus, who may still have the martial leader who killed Houlandin I, and our army has been diminished by war and megabeast. War with these guys could easily be the end of us.

I'm counting on Option A not mentioning war that things will not escalate that far over this one matter: Elran is still family, after all. I just don't think I like the idea of him picking up the bad habit of Eldrican rulers ignoring us in spite of our history of military cooperation and more royal marriages than any other country has had with Methiant. Let the diplomatic communiqués be exchanged.

That is fair. I'm still frightened enough of the Eldrican/Damdamian alliance that I'd rather just tell him "yes sir" whenever we can afford to do so though, and seeing as Graine probably has value to us at home, we can afford to do so.

If the four truckloads of silver max out our treasury this year, we could also summon the dwarves to make her an artifact weapon, which would surely be enough to make her into a defacto champion.

Or – and I will probably regret saying this – summoning a Sorceress to get a breeding mate for our flying horse?
(Who says magic is dying out of the world when we can equip an airborne cavalry?)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that :)

But I'd wait until we go a few years without terrifying magical incident before calling the Sorceress again. The fallout from one Sorceress spell is enough of a pain, and I'm not sure I want to see what the fallout from two at once is.

But here is a list of a few other good ideas, which may or may not be on Haspen's list, of how to spend money if we max out the economy this year.

-Purchase artifact weapon/armor for use in the royal family
-Send a monetary gift to Gubta to thank them for the nice spice deal. We should try to form an alliance , or at least a defensive pact, with Gubta as it would discourage the Damdamians from attacking either of us.
-Expand the glass works so that our glass supply can accommodate our artists, scientists, and merchants at the same time if need be.
-Build a new palace right on our northern border, from which we might rule Methiant, Cyl might rule Cydwyl, and our son might one day rule both.
-Just send the dwarves some gold to try to be their friends. If their traditional Eldrican allies are practicing the dwarf hating Damdamian faith, they might be willing to forget their issues with past Methianese leaders and regularly offer us their business. We know they have fireblood stuffs to rade, and I eventually want those.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14:05 pm »

2 bad things I must say:
-I think the hostile magic infusion has already passed, our scepter must have been calming magical weather, and we already got a beast attack, starting our mating program might be better the sooner as possible

-Did gutba got reinforced? they were screwed by yrisene and parsia, I don't think they might be a good military ally unless they decide that for payment of military help they give, AND, fund the raise/ training of oliphaunts on our lands. otherwise we will probably not get anything in return

about the rest:

-if possible to expand the glassware I will jump on it

-The idea of the palace is excelent, if Cydwyl is in good monetary shape they could also help us and make a shiny palace that will be a true piece of art and military superiority

-Yes, we maybe should make some kind of amendment with the dwarves, maybe could we ask our husband to help us write a letter of "straightening relations in case that the damdamian influence gets out of control" 
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: June 19, 2018, 07:09:39 pm »

2 bad things I must say:
-I think the hostile magic infusion has already passed, our scepter must have been calming magical weather, and we already got a beast attack, starting our mating program might be better the sooner as possible

-Did gutba got reinforced? they were screwed by yrisene and parsia, I don't think they might be a good military ally unless they decide that for payment of military help they give, AND, fund the raise/ training of oliphaunts on our lands. otherwise we will probably not get anything in return

-We actually got attacked by two beasts since we got the Laz0rhorse. The magic infusion might not be a set number of events, but a number of years in which there is a chance of events occurring. That is why I think we should wait until a few years pass without incident so that we know for sure the trouble has passed.

-Is it wrong that I'm now thinking of oliphaunt mounted artillery? Either way, I want the alliance more as a deterrent against war than aid to call upon during one.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: June 19, 2018, 07:24:45 pm »

For the second point I think it's been pretty consistent that npcs aren't tracked nearly as closely as us, especially when it comes to how powerful they are in war. We've fought plenty of people who have managed to pop massive armies out of their ass after being crushed in a war, in some cases even repeated successive wars ravaging a country in like a decade hasn't been enough to stop it from suddenly being able to raise a dangerous army when we invade. Also our military allies seem to always only send a fairly small but elite representation of their forces to help So I don't really think it's likely that the troubles gutbas had will stop them from send the normal level of help if they become military allies.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: June 19, 2018, 08:50:09 pm »

I agree with the suspicion that other nations are not as closely tracked, but we can add that our sources are probably biased toward bad news: things like wars or plagues more than the quotidian life and economy that builds a nation up. Such is the case with Gubta, where we have a record of troubles along its far northwest border, but that doesn't mean they don't have a strong center with many resources. They were running an empire long before anybody in our lands, after all. And oliphaunts (as well as some of the spices?) should be nearly as distant to find as the rumors of Damdamian cocoa. If we're lucky our cartography expedition will swing a bit east on their way back and pick up some information on how far the Gubtans' authority runs (but I suspect they will circle west instead and commit many terrible faux pas dragging us into a war with a Damedian nation-state we've never yet heard of).

-We actually got attacked by two beasts since we got the Laz0rhorse. The magic infusion might not be a set number of events, but a number of years in which there is a chance of events occurring. That is why I think we should wait until a few years pass without incident so that we know for sure the trouble has passed.

How do we know it's Sorceress-related trouble rather than more of the challenges we always seem to face? Didn't the health blessing last something like thirty or forty years, depending on how we count? (I wonder how long we have to keep the door to Orcworld closed?...)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »

-Is it wrong that I'm now thinking of oliphaunt mounted artillery? Either way, I want the alliance more as a deterrent against war than aid to call upon during one.

No, I was also thinking about the aplications of mid sized thundercats on the back of oliphaunts or oliphaunts carrying thundercats, but I was waiting to see if someone else would have the same idea hehehe
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »

B. Eldrician is strong and not especially friendly, but we've got enough irons in the fire as it is with the oversight of Parsia, Orcworld stuff, and securing our personal union, and the army is still recovering from fighting the Agaresian warlord.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: June 20, 2018, 01:51:01 am »

You agree that there's nothing that can be done.

1178 AD, Midwinter

Apparently, a new form of art took hold, or rather developed, in Alldivine cloisters.

This form of art has a story (usually about one humble man blessed by Alldivines or fulfilling their holy requests) presented by the lead choralist, who is then supplanted by rest of the chorus, representing either detractors 'putting him on trial' or alldivine 'messengers' echoing and praising his words.

These 'choral stories' are not only artistic work but also help the mostly wandering Alldivine priests influence townsfolk and gather doantions. That doesn't go well with your noblemen, who feel that it is encroaching into Pantheonist way of life.

A) It's just a bunch of spiritually inclined, harmless singers. What's next, we will ban musical instruments and traveling bards?
B) Alldivine influence clashing against Pantheonist beliefs will only bring strife. We must curb this new, heretical, form of art.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: June 20, 2018, 02:03:10 am »

A - Religious Equality in act if not in name

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:42 am »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: June 20, 2018, 03:08:36 am »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: June 20, 2018, 04:20:36 am »

A, the pantheonists should take notes then
Novice english wordsmith

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:27 am »

A, the pantheonists should take notes then

A bsolutely! If you want to fight choral drama, have a song & dance battle. You've got gods of art and music on your side, don't you?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: June 20, 2018, 10:40:30 am »

A

Also, point out that it would be hypocritical for Methiant to persecute the Alldiviners. Many of our great leaders, including Cyl the Great, practiced the faith, and the core of Methiant was carved out by Alldivine Battle Brothers. Even if we have moved on from practicing the faith, our history demands that we must still respect it.

Hotfire90

« Reply #12359 on: June 20, 2018, 12:17:44 pm »

A
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1087