Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776567 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10650 on: May 02, 2018, 05:07:32 pm »

D
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: May 02, 2018, 05:17:51 pm »

Crafts

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: May 02, 2018, 05:24:06 pm »

D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: May 02, 2018, 05:41:06 pm »

D

When you have too much money, a dwarf can swiftly fix it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: May 02, 2018, 05:59:27 pm »

C

Lets not invite an extremely greedy and immoral foreign power with a huge military to meddle in our economic affairs.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: May 02, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »

C

Lets not invite an extremely greedy and immoral foreign power with a huge military to meddle in our economic affairs.

I'd be inclined to turn down any offer of theirs that allows them too much control over our economy, but I think it is worth hearing them out and potentially buying steel off them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: May 02, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »

That's not totally unfair, but, honestly, even knowing that we can back out of the future decision inviting them to get their hands on our economy is such a bad idea that I feel the chance of like 3 people voting for it and it getting hammered in (something I think is sadly not that unlikely.) is too darn high when we've got a good option right here, to make crafts out of it.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: May 02, 2018, 07:04:23 pm »

d
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: May 02, 2018, 07:10:16 pm »

D

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: May 02, 2018, 07:30:27 pm »

Changed to D

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: May 02, 2018, 07:49:13 pm »

If we turn back to C later, we should make the edict of "patronage of arts", maybe it will increase the quality of our crafts and thus our selling power

A thing that D might bring to us, and that i suggested later is they offering a tech for us to make high quality coins, I mean, make everyone see our coins as perfectly shaped and with an exact amount of weight, it will make it a trust-able coin which might become standard for quality

Just imagine a world where a merchant we can trust is a merchant that will always accept in methiantese coins?

Of course, later we will have to deal with people counterfeiting our coins and removing small bits of it to mess with others. BUT HEEY it's still nice

trading some gold for steel is nice, and maybe we might wan't to return business with the Albianese, we can buy their lizard's eggs (Those reptiles don't get scared with fireblood machinery, we can use these animals very well, we can even rent the males for foreign wars) or fur. They only don't want to trade with our coins, but pure gold or gems they won't have problem
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: May 02, 2018, 07:52:55 pm »

We just need to spend some administration points on reducing inflation, dwarves will know how!

D

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:25 am »

D
Why not. Hopefully we don't get asshole Dwarves again...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: May 03, 2018, 03:32:01 am »

ccccc
dddddddddddddd

You decide to invite dwarves for talks.

1169 AD, Midsummer

You receive news that your half-aunt, Valhelma, has passed away in her sleep at age 71.

The dwarves arrive at your palace per your summon. They're fat, happy, clean-bearded dwarves wearing many expensive fabrics dyed with brilliant colors. They bow their collective heads to you.

"We've heard your summon, human emperor, and so we come to aid you with your finances. We understand that the problem you have is overabundance of coinage. One offer we have to amend this problem is that we will trade your bullion for what we believe will be of greater use for you - coal, sulphur and cinnabar. These are mined at Ankurvat in rather large quantities, and while we're already selling part of it, we still have a surplus we would be willing to send to Methiant."

"The other is setting up our Vaults in your empire."

He goes on to explain that Vaults are places where dwarves store money of theirs and their clients. Their clients safely deposit their savings in a Vault, and are given a written document, entitling them to recovery of the money at any other vault, even on the other side of the continent. They also offer loans with efficient methods of liquidation, as well as offer services of melting old bullion and striking new coins.

Of course, the dwarves take a small cut from the all these operations. With tens of thousands of clients, even few coins per operation earn massive profits over the span of a year. They've been working with distant Calvendocians and Prawlantese for over a century, and the dwarves attest that everyone is happy in this relationship.

"Or, if it's a more short-term solution you seek, we can send for our runemasters to craft you an artifact in exchange for this year's quota of silver and gold bullion produced by Methiantese mines."

A) My excess gold and silver for Fireblood components? We have a deal!
B) Your brethren mention dwarven steel once. I want that in exchange for our precious metals!
C) These 'Vaults' sound as efficient as they're intriguing. This is the solution we need!
D) Your solutions mean you get my money and I get little in return. No I say!
E) An artifact to burn our excess money with sounds good. Send for the runemasters!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:35:46 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: May 03, 2018, 03:35:47 am »

B, we can set up our own 'vaults' later. But dwarven steel is something we can definitely use.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1087