Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776163 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #9105 on: March 27, 2018, 04:27:09 pm »

Oh man, if someone had said that before I would've voted to attack Eldrican last time. I've been hoping for a chance to get the fireblood materials for a while now. Anyway, CBBA.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: March 27, 2018, 04:45:33 pm »

A,B,A,A

If total war war-hammer has taught me anything, it's that war will fill your coffers.

We can suspend fire-blood development, and keep production.

Keep the Army up because we are about to go to war, and no edicts at a -1.

Also, Did we ever finish the giant Cyl Statue?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:55:39 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: March 27, 2018, 04:51:16 pm »

A,B,A,B
[...] and no edicts at a -1.
No edicts is A, brah

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: March 27, 2018, 04:55:52 pm »

A,B,A,B
[...] and no edicts at a -1.
No edicts is A, brah
Whoops. Thank you.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: March 27, 2018, 06:15:17 pm »

If total war war-hammer has taught me anything, it's that war will fill your coffers.

Somebody tried to convince me of this before, that we didn't need to worry about military spending because the army could make money for us.

The thing is, it mostly hasn't. We don't pick up spoils as we pillage. We fought a protracted engagement as an alliance member against the Agaresians and got squat in the peace. We tried renting the army to the Eldricans and look how that turned out.

There is a case to be made where we got the Ceodwell gold mines for a while, and the Donuth silver mines now, and the Tiftit vineyards in the future. But all these things are tied to the land: when we split Ceodwell with the Parsians we lost the income. The army can get us land, and the land can get us money, but the example of Felonsein and Eval suggests that the relationship is largely a matter of what opportunities we pick up along the way. Military action alone doesn't cut it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: March 27, 2018, 06:22:18 pm »

Somebody tried to convince me of this before, that we didn't need to worry about military spending because the army could make money for us.

The thing is, it mostly hasn't. We don't pick up spoils as we pillage. We fought a protracted engagement as an alliance member against the Agaresians and got squat in the peace. We tried renting the army to the Eldricans and look how that turned out.

There is a case to be made where we got the Ceodwell gold mines for a while, and the Donuth silver mines now, and the Tiftit vineyards in the future. But all these things are tied to the land: when we split Ceodwell with the Parsians we lost the income. The army can get us land, and the land can get us money, but the example of Felonsein and Eval suggests that the relationship is largely a matter of what opportunities we pick up along the way. Military action alone doesn't cut it.

I think that if we don't make money when we win a war, it is because we prefer healthy land to money. We typically get some sort of option to loot and/or pillage, but we typically don't take it.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: March 27, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »

Eldricans still owe us money, and they said they wouldn't pay for it

-His vassal, the koi, is where the silver mine is (we can send our spymaster to discover if they are being unhappy vassals, maybe they would wan't to change their overlords)
-maybe they have sulphur yet
-maybe we can get closer to the calvodocians and other nations
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:23 am »

CBBA

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #9113 on: March 28, 2018, 11:01:36 am »

ABBA
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: March 28, 2018, 11:28:09 am »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »

bbba bbba bbba bbba
cbba cbba cbba cbba cbba cbba
abba abba abaa abba abba

You decide to cut the military spending for a year, and pass on Edicts this year.

1158 AD, Spring

The great statue of yourself is unveilved in the central square of Methe!

1to2

The artist did great, and the artwork is truly spectacular, but your subjects are indifferent. Quite opposite effect from the one you had on mind...

1158 AD, Mid-Spring

The Priests of the Hunt of the Pantheon arrive in the palace. After they bless the gathered courtiers in simple ceremony, they approach you and bow.

"My liege, it is time of great importance! The stars and omens from the deities in the heavens all point that this year is the most favorable in decades to host the Hunt for the White Stag. We ask you to sponsor this ceremonial hunt and great feast and partake in them, so that your house and our nation will be blessed by the Pantheon in turn!"

You decide to...

A) Host the Great Hunt and take part in it personally!
B) Sponsor the Hunt, and send Eivan in your place.
C) Sponsor the Hunt, and send Saenn in your place.
D) Turn down the proposal, politely making an excuse.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: March 28, 2018, 12:50:47 pm »

D. We are broke, and this is literally the same ritual that killed our father and sent Methiant into civil war.

Also, we litterally have a son who is a Pantheonist priest. We may have stripped him from the line of succession, but if we did send somebody, it should have been him.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: March 28, 2018, 12:53:52 pm »

You decide to cut the military spending for a year, and pass on Edicts this year.

Don't forget fireblood spending!

B

He's not a good hunter but if some mystical shit happens he'll be allllll over it.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: March 28, 2018, 12:55:04 pm »

D

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: March 28, 2018, 12:55:18 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 1087