Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775513 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8925 on: March 25, 2018, 07:15:20 am »

You decide to permamently station a portion of the Army, and the national funds will be used to sponsor construction of a new fortress.

1156 AD, Late Spring

As you walk down the stairs one day, your left ankle giving you pains since you woke up, you suddenly slip and tumble down!

6*

Fortunately, afterwards, the healers look you over for damage and find nothing wrong there. They prescribe a stronger painkiller for your joints, and you're free to go.

You gotta be a bit more careful, old man!

1156 AD, Summer

Llynden and Herta's baby has just been born! It is a healthy boy, and Herta names him 'Owyn'.

The council gathers with you at the lead. It's about time you designate a heir.

A) My second-youngest son, Eivan, of course!
B) That would be my youngest son, Saenn!
C) Obviously, that's Owyn, by birth and by law!
D) Young Herta will lead us to bright future!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: March 25, 2018, 07:16:39 am »

C

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: March 25, 2018, 07:21:51 am »

C
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: March 25, 2018, 07:44:21 am »

D, she's gonna be regent if we name Owyn anyhow so we might as well not lose control during that time.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: March 25, 2018, 07:44:40 am »

C Here's hopin' he inherits his mother's impressive size! The first Spamkingdom's elf breeding program idea might not have panned out but that doesn't mean a Albion breeding project to produce incredibly tall and strong Emperors won't!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: March 25, 2018, 08:48:27 am »

Comes back from a lengthy abscence
WHAT
THE
FUCK
JUST
HAPPENED

So let me get this straight.
Houlandin died immediately.
His son was crowned, did about three things, then died on his coronation day.
Then we play as Cyl, and somehow we get better rolls than we saw for most of Cyl's actual reign, and now we have to decide between the ypungest of our legion of children, the second youngest of our legion of children, a newborn baby, or the newborn's mother.
Did either of those kids actually get traits?
If we want the kingdom to survive, I'd say D. If we choose the baby, she'll be the regent anyway, who knows what'll happen if we choose either of our sons, and if we do choose the baby, he'll probably be a spoilt brat from years of being in charge with everyone else doing it for him, unless we get him a very good teacherfetch a wizard
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: March 25, 2018, 08:52:53 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: March 25, 2018, 09:13:01 am »

You name Owyn as your heir.

1156 AD, Autumn

A delegation of Tiftit administrators has arrived to discuss with you a certain proposal. It happened before, and you rejected it.

"Most blessed Emperor!" THe head admin bows. "The land of Tiftit is fertile and has many sloped terraces and hills suitable for vineyards. After years of Methiantese education, even Hurthling farmers believe that this would make the region richer than before." Your courtiers murmur while the Advisor steps forward.

"That will require a rather large amount of current farmlands to be demolished, am I right?" The administrator bows.

"Well, yes, but Hurthlings' expertise won't expire, and think of profits and happiness that bottles of Tiftit Wine will bring!"

You decide to...

A) Turn down their proposal and keep Tiftif valley dedicated to grain and other foodstuffs.
B) Transform the Methiantese breadbasket into a winecasket. Drinks for everyone, yay!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: March 25, 2018, 09:14:50 am »

Just cos the kid is heir doesn't mean we immediately time skip. We could stay as regent until he's of age if we wanted.

Edit: never mind.

B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: March 25, 2018, 09:16:07 am »

B

Resources!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: March 25, 2018, 09:18:27 am »

B With our magic dwarf scepter I don't think we'll have to worry about food anytime soon and more money making resources is always good. Perhaps we'll even get to finally do some of the expensive none military edicts! Like The House of Learning or The Arts!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: March 25, 2018, 10:13:19 am »

If the Hurthlings are actually ok with it, then it would be good to booze up the nation some. Spread the joy of alcohol!

B

Anywho. I hope that the Emperor does survive until his great-grandson is ready to assume the throne... Great-Grandson. Damn Cyl, you're long lived!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: March 25, 2018, 10:29:01 am »

B

If he doesn't live that long Herta can be regent.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: March 25, 2018, 10:50:12 am »

I was looking forward to the population growing again, next point is a higher tax bracket.
B ut who knows how long that might take to roll around?

I still support Eivan the wise as successor by right since Owyn hadn't been born when the last emperor died, but I guess if he can't even speak up and explain how the rule of law creates smooth transitions and reassures the grain exchanges then we'll keep picking whatever we feel like at the moment.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: March 25, 2018, 11:34:29 am »

Anywho. I hope that the Emperor does survive until his great-grandson is ready to assume the throne... Great-Grandson. Damn Cyl, you're long lived!

Its more that we started young than lived long. I don't think Cyl is even 60 yet. I think the three generations leading up to Owyn all started having children before they turned 20.

---

Also, B
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1087