Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775657 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8280 on: March 15, 2018, 11:10:35 am »

B

Army-on, apply directly to the bandits.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: March 15, 2018, 02:09:45 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: March 15, 2018, 02:15:36 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: March 15, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »

We got nothing from this war? Not even a tribute?

GOD DAMN CYL AND YOUR RECLUSIVE TRAIT, we should have attended personally the funeral and hug our daughter

-----------------------------

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: March 15, 2018, 03:01:41 pm »

It just means we can stiff them when we call in the favor and use their help to invade West or South.

GOD DAMN CYL AND YOUR RECLUSIVE TRAIT, we should have attended personally the funeral and hug our daughter

Yeah. That sucks. We don't have many children left a- Holy shit! Idea!

If we pass the proclamation that allows the imperial bloodline to flow through women, and something happens to Houladin, we could name King Erik of Cydwyl our heir and peacefully unite the two nations!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: March 15, 2018, 03:06:20 pm »

It just means we can stiff them when we call in the favor and use their help to invade West or South.

Yeah. That sucks. We don't have many children left a- Holy shit! Idea!

If we pass the proclamation that allows the imperial bloodline to flow through women, and something happens to Houladin, we could name King Erik of Cydwyl our heir and peacefully unite the two nations!

That, sounds... deliciously evil, but yes? YES!
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: March 15, 2018, 03:17:52 pm »

I think the biggest issue will be getting our authority high enough to pass what is likely to be a controversial edict. We are good enough at getting our kids killed, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: March 15, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »

I think we need that Bill of Rights, you guys. It may well get us enough happiness to let us increase that Imperial Authority to comfortable levels!

B!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: March 15, 2018, 04:04:37 pm »

I think we need that Bill of Rights, you guys. It may well get us enough happiness to let us increase that Imperial Authority to comfortable levels!

B!

The bill of rights is also highly controversial though, and is also something I would want high authority to enact in the first place.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:31 am »

Is it?  It seems like something you'd enact when you were at very low imperial authority because the populace/nobility demanded it.  Like the Magna Carta.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: March 16, 2018, 11:27:26 am »

Is it?  It seems like something you'd enact when you were at very low imperial authority because the populace/nobility demanded it.  Like the Magna Carta.
From the sound of it, it's more American Constitution than Magna Carta, ie, rights for the peasants, not the nobles. I'm sure the nobles (the determinant of imperial authority in typical real empires) would be fine with more rights for the nobles, but they're probably not going to be happy with rights for the peasants.

Besides, neither will I, so don't do it. >:(

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: March 16, 2018, 11:30:06 am »

Precisely - you'd imagine that just like with the Magna Carta it'd also grant the nobility legal protections beyond what we've seen so far, which is mostly just "if you don't like it why don't you raise an army and rebel and see where that takes you", so feasibly you'd see nobility bringing more legal cases to the attention of the Crown, which'd be great because we happen to have a Wise son who'd be more than up to the task of doing lawspeaking for us.

Plus we'd really chomp Hammurabi's flavor right there and that's always the way to go.

EDIT: Finally, it'd be funny if the red hot burning FREEDOM of Methiant inspired nearby nations to join us willingly as opposed to us conquering them for some minor slight instead.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:37:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: March 16, 2018, 01:23:06 pm »

You send the Army to deal with the bandit problem.

In few weeks, all but the most elusive of bandits are dead.

1150 AD, End of the Year

Why, of all things, it must be snowing so hard these days? The Scepter only quietly hums, the guards say, so this must be just an exceptionally strong blizzard and nothing else. Accursed winter weather!

Fortunately, there will be a pause in the monotony; the Advisor arrives to give you the Scrolls of Kingdom status, as he did in last thirty-something years.

4to6

Happiness: 4
Population: 6
Economy: 1
Army: 7
Imp.Authority: -1

You glare at the colorful numbers up there on the scroll.

"Sire, it seems that our economy isn't as it used to be. While the profits from mines and taxes are quite something, our expenses, both recurrent and spontaneous are siphoning money from the Treasury. And I must remind you that the treaty with Parsia about the gold mines is due to expire in two years; from 1153 onwards, we will no longer receive the part of gold bullion smelted there."

"The recruitment offices allowed our Army to spring up into safe numbers. The Council of Statesmen however was unable to strengthen your autohirty, due to recent trouble with money and happiness of our people. I would advise against issueing an Edict, and I also must ask whether we should raise taxes for next year."

A) "Taxes and edicts, now that is what I like!"
B) "Raise the taxes, but let's pass on edicts this year."
C) "Prepare the parchment, I have some Edict issueing to do!"
D) "Nah, let's not burden the peasants with either."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: March 16, 2018, 01:34:53 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 1087