Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776045 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7260 on: February 10, 2018, 07:48:09 am »

C

Our suspicions were way over-zealous. Our reasons may not have been, but our conclusion was. Wanting to leave the country is not treachery. We goofed, and we can and should apologize for that.

Added in now that I have more time:
Proposal: Put Abis's son next in line after Houlandin, have Houlandin's son married to one of her daughters (maybe the one born the same season) to unite the lines, PROBLEM SOLVED.

Maybe. Possibly. Until the next succession crisis.

Remember during the civil war, one side was like, "But Luath is the king we need!" and the other side was all, "He's a great guy but he doesn't have a proper claim!"

The latter is exactly what Abis complained just now. Cyl, of all people, is using the Pretender's argument.

Twice now (Luath during Yoe II's madness; Houlandin over Anwyn) we have voted to overrule the established laws of the land. In both cases good traits were balanced against underage unknowns, so the reasons appeared sound at the time. But I think we also need to include in our calculus that rebellious NPCs are part of the price we pay for following our heart.

A better solution would be to make a formal change in our rules of succession. Which, frankly, the Council of Statesmen (or us) should have proposed in the first place if they wanted Houlandin so badly. Their purpose is to be statesmen, not anarchists. I am personally starting to regret voting for Houlandin (not enough to overturn it but there is regret).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:06:07 am by mightymushroom »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: February 10, 2018, 09:43:11 am »

C

Wait. She just insulted our son. Screw her. E
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:44:20 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: February 10, 2018, 11:58:51 am »

E.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: February 10, 2018, 01:04:39 pm »

E

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: February 10, 2018, 01:21:31 pm »

F

She can leave if she wants to, but our grandchildren, royal princes and princess of the primary line of succession, are going to be staying here.

Honestly, she is kind of ridiculous.
I wish this was an option cause this is the one that makes the most sense to me. She doesn't want to be here but those are our sons kids and members of our dynasty. So sorry but no if you're leaving they don't go with you.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: February 10, 2018, 01:41:20 pm »

C
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: February 10, 2018, 01:42:12 pm »

Can we have a C and a "HOW YOU DARE TO INSULT MY SON? LEATH ASKED AND I TRUSTED HIM, AND HOULADIN DID MORE TO THIS COUNTRY THAN SOME KINGS DID IN THE PAST"

We really don't have authority in our own family, maybe if Cyl retire he will stay away from problems that are building up

The price for having kids helping our rolls is, when they are killed, it's not just an asset dying, is an entire an powerfull family crumbling slowly

What she said houladin said, maybe the other kids thinks of this as well, we should marry and retire, or retire and marry

he is a fucking sucessfull king, yes he is

oh, and yes, also pissed about her insulting houladin, but she is nervous, her husband was dead and her "professional career" gone to shit, our father got mad one day because of a dead wife
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: February 10, 2018, 01:50:32 pm »

At least mention that Leath actually asked to be sent!!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: February 11, 2018, 05:11:29 am »

b
ccccccc
eeee

You walk after Abis and apologize to her. She looks only moderately pleased, as if she doubts your intentions.

"Houlandin and his children will inherit, that means my family has no need to stay here. Can I move with my children back to Parsia?"

A) "I believe your words, and you are allowed to leave even today."
B) "Fine, but first I want written declaration that neither you nor your family will push any claims on my throne!"
C) "You can go, but the children are half-Methiantese. They are staying with me!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: February 11, 2018, 05:20:31 am »

Surely there should be an option for "Actually, I'm starting to reconsider that first part and perhaps it would be better for you to stay pending a succession council."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: February 11, 2018, 09:02:33 am »

Or "listen, we're running out of family here and there's like a 75% chance Houlandin's going to die horribly before getting his turn at imperial rule if our luck holds so why don't you just stay on and we'll see how things develop, maybe your kids will turn out to be gifted or something"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: February 11, 2018, 09:07:47 am »

I think she might be right. It's tough on Houlandin to jerk him around like this, but she has a valid complaint.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: February 11, 2018, 09:12:40 am »

Votes people ;v

If she wanted to stay, she would have said so v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: February 11, 2018, 09:22:28 am »

a
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: February 11, 2018, 09:33:27 am »

C
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1087