Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777186 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6420 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:38 pm »

Our army is 2. This isn't public knowledge.

I think the state of our army is public knowledge. If I recall correctly, Haspen seemed to imply that the state of our army and treasury played a role in San's descision to launch a rebellion against us. This makes E an even worse idea.

The assassination is not public knowledge. If we try to assassinate him back and screw it up, he looks like the good guy when he invades, and we don't have the army to stop him.

Oh. That is what you mean. D could also give him excuse, albiet not as great a one: "How dare you defame me with your lies! You will pay on the battlefield!"

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: January 22, 2018, 06:03:09 pm »

I'm rather hopeful that with the bonus to our espionage missions, D can't be traced to us and defamation causes his kingdom to fracture from internal dissent. Remember how tough it is for us when faced with multiple rebellions every year?

The same bonus applies to an assassination attempt, I suppose. But I favor D as setting up the future: if we can get the big kingdom with strong guns to break up, each of the pieces will be that much easier to annex later on. (Consider how much we spent on little Eval. The mechanics really do not favor extended invasions.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: January 22, 2018, 06:04:31 pm »

Where do we get a bonus to espionage? I don't recall that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:09 pm »

B, let's just be careful and maybe create those Shadowranks once the economy recovers.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »

Where do we get a bonus to espionage? I don't recall that.

We own elf cloaks that our spys use. I don't think I've ever seen that bonus be applied to a roll, but who knows. We don't see many spy rolls.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: January 22, 2018, 07:19:04 pm »

B I'd usually prefer D or A but with our Economy and Army so low I don't think we can pick a fight right now. We'll get back at that traitor later once we've recovered.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: January 22, 2018, 07:25:44 pm »

We own elf cloaks that our spys use. I don't think I've ever seen that bonus be applied to a roll, but who knows. We don't see many spy rolls.

Search turns up exactly once that the cloaks were used.
They gave a very nice +2 bonus.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:27:48 pm by mightymushroom »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: January 22, 2018, 07:54:32 pm »

Search turns up exactly once that the cloaks were used.
They gave a very nice +2 bonus.

The way D is worded, I'm not sure if it is us just starting a rumor among our court, or actually sending out the spies to do that dirtywork for us.

What I do know is that E would get the cloak bonus, so the worst we could possibly roll on the attempt is a 3. I somehow doubt a roll of three is bad enough to drag our ass into a war. I'm changing my vote to E.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: January 22, 2018, 11:30:20 pm »

D Spreading this around will ensure whatever we do in the future we are seen as the wronged party.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: January 23, 2018, 12:43:37 am »

You decide to keep a lid on this for now, maybe somewhere in the future you can use this to your advantage. You dismiss the Spymaster and the Advisor, and return your attention to the letters.

Only now you notice a certain difference; the letter from Cidric is signed with royal seal of Cydwyl, while the one from Eirika uses a simple wax seal. The one from your daughter is most possibly a personal letter.

A) Family before state affairs!
B) State affairs before family!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:20:50 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: January 23, 2018, 12:51:41 am »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: January 23, 2018, 01:16:09 am »

A

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:37 am »

A
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: January 23, 2018, 03:33:06 am »

You decide to keep a lid on this for now, maybe somewhere in the future you can use this to your advantage. You dismiss the Spymaster and the Advisor, and return your attention to the letters.

Only now you notice a certain difference; the letter from Cidric is signed with royal seal of Cydwyl, while the one from Eirika uses a simple wax seal. The one from your sister is most possibly a personal letter.

A) Family before state affairs!
B) State affairs before family!

Since when did our daughter become our sister? Did we secretly shag our mum at some point?

Anyway, A.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: January 23, 2018, 06:33:21 am »

A
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 1087