Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 778259 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #5265 on: December 27, 2017, 01:11:53 pm »

F

Cracking down on them at this juncture would be a PR disaster. Better to wait until they actually overstep their bounds and raise armies - the Alldivines raising troops doesn't really count because that's an inherent part of their religion and also their primary income stream.

That said, we might want to just adopt Enyntheism and eliminate the theists entirely if they're going to keep doing this kind of bullshit. Goodness knows the Pantheon's never done anyone a single iota of good, and Singularists have been assholes since their inception.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: December 27, 2017, 01:16:57 pm »

F
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: December 27, 2017, 01:20:22 pm »

F

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: December 27, 2017, 01:24:48 pm »

F

I wish I could believe adopting a single religion would solve anything, but then we'd just have people challenging the state religion instead of the state pluralism.

Adopting a second religion would be my second choice. At least when people challenge the state religion we can strike them right back without feeling like our hands are tied by our commitment to peace and pluralism. In fact, I'd strongly consider just wiping out whichever side first breaks the peace, and picking a state religion from the other side.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: December 27, 2017, 01:32:32 pm »

You order the Marshal to send some Army units into the cities and the roads to maintain peace and order.

4*

While there has been few incidents which ended in arrests, the zealots quieten down when the state does some sabre-rattling the soldiers show up on the streets. Only time will tell if that's permament.

1132 AD, Summer

The time for the big presentation is here! On a warm, sunny day, the courtiers, army officers and most of your family gathers on the palatial courtyard, where several test objects are gathered - some hay scarecrows, a set of steel armors, a hastily built brick-and-timber shed and some wild pigs in a enclosure - and then the engineers begin the test! The iron tubes suck in part-liquid, part-paste Fireblood and then blow it off int a stream of orange flame jet that, instead of turning into ash and smoke, instead smolders upon the scarecrows, engulfing them very quickly.

An incident however occurs, when one of the tubes inexplicably explodes. The burning liquid Fireblood coats several young alchemists and engineers, sending them away shrieking as their bodies inevitably and terryfingly fast turn into charcoals, many an attendant panicking. It is a gruesome but effective proof of the tubes' usefulness.

That shrieking though. That shrieking, man.

A) This is utterly horrendous! Stop this savage research at once!
B) Oooh, I like these fires going up! Time to include these in our armed forces!!
C) Those are fine but please fix them so they don't explode?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: December 27, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »

C

Looks like we might be able to get some anti-personnel weaponry out of this after all!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: December 27, 2017, 01:51:04 pm »

C The shrieking will probably strike fear on enemy camps and make the enemy tell tales of how scary is to deal with methianthese army

Now someone bring Cyl a vodka and his wife so he can forget the screams
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: December 27, 2017, 01:51:49 pm »

C
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: December 27, 2017, 02:06:01 pm »

C

Did we just discover that Greek Fire type stuff that our old Teven dynasty was after?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: December 27, 2017, 02:14:17 pm »

C

Did we just discover that Greek Fire type stuff that our old Teven dynasty was after?

That's baseline Fireblood which we have had for a fairly long time now. It looks like those alchemists were confident this new innovation could melt through steel armor, so this might be not so much Greek fire as some kind of hybrid of thermite and napalm.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: December 27, 2017, 02:20:39 pm »

C

That's baseline Fireblood which we have had for a fairly long time now. It looks like those alchemists were confident this new innovation could melt through steel armor, so this might be not so much Greek fire as some kind of hybrid of thermite and napalm.

Jeezus. We get the kinks worked out, our enemies be screwed.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: December 27, 2017, 02:20:59 pm »

Close but no cigar.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: December 27, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: December 27, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »

You approve of the research but demand that they perfect it before your Army gets anywhere near those flame-spewing tubes.

1132 AD, Autumn

A call for help comes from Hurthlings and your magistrates! The fierce and savage Agaresians, on their fearsome war lizards, has begun to show on the northeastern corners of the Hurthling valley. They are capturing Hurthlings for slavery, and they don't seem too picky when a Methiantese colonist or official gets caught amongst the midst.

The Hurthlings mention that between Kashites and Trolls (now hopefully extinct), these Agaresians are yet another group of 'big-uns' determined to cause them harm and despair, like in the times of old.

A) That's bad for Agaresians because Hurthlings happen to be my subjects now! Thundercats, roll out!
B) They will snatch some people and wander off, not a big deal (for me, at least).
C) Grinding letter-writing skill didn't go to waste, let's open communications with Agaresians to explain some things, and fast!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: December 27, 2017, 02:31:45 pm »

How can I resist A.

We need more military points also.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1087