Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777191 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #4485 on: December 05, 2017, 12:17:07 pm »

Somewhere past 6k mark, split in three parts.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: December 05, 2017, 12:18:19 pm »

C

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: December 05, 2017, 12:19:39 pm »

C
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: December 05, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »

C, nothing makes people surrender faster than the destruction of an opposing army!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »

C, let's not fall victim to Lanchester's Laws.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: December 05, 2017, 01:00:21 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: December 05, 2017, 01:18:42 pm »

A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: December 05, 2017, 01:28:04 pm »

A I think that if we cover that place with troops they will ignore it and aim for the weaker troops. if our horses can make their numbers smaller without putting themselves in a great/stupid risk we should do it

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »

Well, I thought I was venting in a light-hearted manner, but perhaps it didn't translate well over the internet.
Spoiler: rebuttal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: musings (click to show/hide)

Just to prove (to myself, at the very least) that I can get over my grumbling:

C
I nearly voted A, but the cavalry will probably be outnumbered and without our Fireblood advantage. B is probably even odds – our siegers will have Fireblood but be somewhat outnumbered – and we'd rather fight with both our strengths when we can.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:06:45 pm by mightymushroom »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: December 05, 2017, 02:05:31 pm »

C

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:44 pm »

That the treaty was null because of change in administration is wrong. To repeat the assertion is a big fat lie. Please stop.
It's not a "big fat lie", it's a point of subjectivity. Read the words after that roll: the question was whether the Army would support the decision. We can imagine that some of them felt that the treaty was void due to the rebellion in Ceodwell and an apparently smaller faction disagreed; ultimately, the faction supporting the decision won the debate, so, as far as history is concerned, the treaty really was void. With a lower roll, it might not have been, but that's how these things always go.

(My own vote to go was explicitly with the intent of leading Cyl into the consequences of his decision.)
Am I the only one who finds this kind of attitude utterly staggering? I mean, I was on the Luath side in the civil war, and Cyl won because the GM made a mistake of all reasons, but now that Cyl's the king I'm 100% behind him. What is even the point of playing like that? I mean, you know he's not a real person and therefore cannot "learn from his mistakes" or whatever, right? So it is just to try to stop other people from having their fun?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: December 05, 2017, 02:36:48 pm »

On the treaty being void we will have to agree to disagree. I cannot accept that there would be any roll at all if it had no binding effect; that we successfully pushed past the resistance does not retroactively negate its force.

Am I the only one who finds this kind of attitude utterly staggering? . . . What is even the point of playing like that? I mean, you know he's not a real person and therefore cannot "learn from his mistakes" or whatever, right?

I am sorry to have staggered you. I held back at least one post in the same vein precisely because I feared drawing out a fight over a settled vote. As I explained, my emotions got the better of me there. It was either let loose or quit playing a game I enjoy.

(Oh yes, yes. I, in turn, would fully support Luath if the case were reversed.)

I would like to reassure you, if I can, that I am not in any sense playing to lose. I am trying to balance the needs of the kingdom against a role play of both the man whom I read Cyl to be as a result of his known actions and of the man I wish him to be. In this case, I would not wish him to be a man who orders such a war without fighting it himself, and this is consistent with his recent history against the Hurthlings earning the title Conqueror. I know it is not reasonable on my part to expect a multiplayer community to be of the same consensus all the time. Now the die is cast, the border is crossed, and the best thing for all is to win as expeditiously as possible. To that end I am attempting to throw my best support.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:46:01 pm by mightymushroom »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: December 05, 2017, 03:04:49 pm »

I would like to reassure you, if I can, that I am not in any sense playing to lose.
Ah, it sounded like you were, and I know I've seen other people claim as much before. If you aren't, then that's another thing entirely, and doesn't bother me at all. That Cyl the Conqueror ought to lead his own campaign, I obviously agree.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:36 pm »

To be fair, we've gotten a certain gift from the elves that makes leading personally much less likely to end in our demise.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »

Well if past experience is any indicator, it's the horse we need to watch out for rather than enemy action.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1087