Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777502 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #3930 on: November 27, 2017, 07:15:49 pm »

Maintain the extreme expenses that come with running a kingdom?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: November 27, 2017, 08:04:57 pm »

Indeed. I was making the same mistake until, well, earlier today. (Probably from not paying attention until the budget went to hell.) Think about it this way: we have a considerable payroll in clerks, messengers, the spy network, etc. that are not simulated at cost. This is because the basic tax covers all our static personnel and office supplies. If you include it as income then you also have to subtract the "basic" expenses right back out again.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:23:48 pm by mightymushroom »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: November 27, 2017, 08:47:41 pm »

Also do we know anything about the Eleven Graces Haspen? I'm just curious because it's always fun learning about new foreigner things! I don't think it's been mentioned at all even when we met the Gubta in the first game. Also the Gubta have been a really enduring empire and well you know... actually managed to become an Empire. So perhaps we can study them for some tips on how to go about it?  :P
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: November 27, 2017, 09:24:00 pm »

So perhaps we can study them for some tips on how to go about it?  :P

Don't roll a bunch of 1? it's a good start :v

Perhaps we should be defensive and overcautious when we don't have high bonus against something, in 10 years we will have our army back and maybe some of our kids get a martial trait  (or a charismatic to negotiate with them/ wise to give us advice)

Okay, we went against felonsien and donuth without it. But Donuth were already screwed and Felonsien was a deal that we couldn't ignore

lametania was weak without a proper army

But now i think Ceodwell will have free Elephants... that's an almost permanent +1 in rolls while we aren't certain if we will have our thundercats/rifles that time. But a chance that we might get is to use our spymaster to inflict riots, look:

Calahan divorced
Nothing was said about changing heirs. But if this happen we will have another "Segeda" wanting to guarantee the bright future promised to Her kids that vanished in front of her eyes.
He adopted a foreign religion
Fertile land to our spymaster put the seed of conflict where we can do our harvest

Hey, If we do like the Estwalf of tven and send our martial kids to war, our luck bonus can apply to them? IMAGINE A +4 IN A ROLL
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:32 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: November 28, 2017, 12:46:36 am »

You decide to adress the people with letters, asking them to remain calm because better times are just behind the horizon.

It takes a while, and a few hundred casualties, but they eventually listen to your words.

1121 AD, Midsummer

Banditry is on the rise. In the northwest, near the forested areas, many bandit groups prey upon wealthy travelers and hapless villages, only to disappear into the thicket after they're finished with their crimes. As far as rumors go, all these groups are controlled by Othoc, self-proclaimed 'King of Bandits'!

A) We can do naught but ignore this threat, for now.
B) Our Army will deal with them with ease and haste!
C) Time to hire some lvl20+ adventurers for a mission.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: November 28, 2017, 01:22:30 am »

A) Nothing try our luck in them not doing any serious harm
B) try our luck with our 2 army (on the rise again, I think, but will take time for them to grow back to what it was, a bad row will probably shout SHIT ON THE TRUCE AND COME ON)
C) try our luck with our 1 wealth (on the rise again, can bring really unpredictable problems to us, winter will certainly require 1 wealth to be spent for food, unless we want to have "hapiness:2" on the scrolls and a riot on our door)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:49:35 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: November 28, 2017, 01:24:27 am »

B Here is hoping that our military professionalism will see us through since these bandits surely aren't that well trained.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: November 28, 2017, 01:39:36 am »

C

Lets at least summon the adventurers and hear their terms. We have alot of spare children. Perhaps we can buy their services with a political marriage or two instead of cash. If we don't like what we hear, we can always send in the army. The bandits are not going to be a life or death issue tomorrow, so we have time to explore our options.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:23 am »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: November 28, 2017, 02:08:22 am »

B

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: November 28, 2017, 02:30:25 am »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: November 28, 2017, 02:37:23 am »

C  - We wont get invaded due to a lack of money. We will get invaded due to a lack of army.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: November 28, 2017, 03:26:38 am »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: November 28, 2017, 05:25:02 am »

B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1087