Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777245 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #3735 on: November 26, 2017, 04:47:21 pm »

What we want to do is not get stomped in a multi-front war. Excuse me if that seems like a mad man's desire :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: November 26, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

Yes, because we cannot win a total war against all dwarves everywhere and especially not from our west: "you shall be blind until your violent death." We had a chance to be the ones paid and greed prevailed over magnanimity. Thus the shameful irony.

I imagine they're digging in underground invasion tunnel right now straight to the palace.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: November 26, 2017, 04:49:51 pm »

Wusses. We only need to push them back to the boarder. Personally, I say we kill every dwarf we can now, they only have 3k troops.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:42 pm »

Sure. We gonna do that with the army that just got stomped in foreign territory at the complete opposite corner of our lands?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:48 pm »

Wusses. We only need to push them back to the boarder. Personally, I say we kill every dwarf we can now, they only have 3k troops.
And how many troops do you think we have after all this fighting, much of which has not gone well? Enough to split our forces between the East and West and not find ourselves stretched to breaking? I disagree.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: November 26, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »

BA, Dogethe's got her limits and we shouldn't get into a cycle of betrayal, but the dwarves can fuck right off.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: November 26, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »

Changed my vote. BB isn't going to win, and anything is better than AA.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: November 26, 2017, 05:01:08 pm »

A quick PTW, please ignore (I'm not going to vote without reading all this first)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: November 26, 2017, 05:03:42 pm »

To be clear, I'm not at all happy at conceding anything to the dwarves. I just don't see any other route out of this morass of war. I'm not forgetting or forgiving, to borrow a recent phrase.

A quick PTW, please ignore (I'm not going to vote without reading all this first)
Welcome and don't mind the recent bitterness. I hope you have a lot of time, it took me hours to catch up with the full story and the thread wasn't half as long then. But worth it. :D

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: November 26, 2017, 05:05:05 pm »

Ah. Welcome to our group of crazy voices inside of King Cyl's head. Sorry if things seem a little extreme right now. It's just that we all are having some strong differing opinions on the how to view the current situation.  :P We're usual much less strongly split about things. I hope to see your voice influencing many a king to come!

Also yeah have to agree with mightymushroom there. I remember it taking me forever to catch up on the original SPAMKINGDOM game when I joined. Though I don't regret it. It was a fun read.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:10:15 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: November 26, 2017, 05:09:37 pm »

We're usual much less strongly split about things.
Yes
Ha ha
much less split
Ha
sweeps the civil war under the rug
Sigtext!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: November 26, 2017, 05:10:13 pm »

aa aa aa aa
ba ba ba
bb bb bb

You decide to finally relent and inform the dwarves you will pay them for peace. You also tell your court that Queen Dogethe is to be forgiven her 'betrayal', but only this once.

1117 AD, Late Winter

The eastern front is again quiet. Your Army is gearing up for warmer days and the Ceodwells doesn't seem keen on retaking the border forts.

The dwarves accept your tribute, and a delegation of them (with hefty amount of guard) arrives at the capital, taking your moneys. They also bring you a peace treaty signed by Lord of Zonalath, wherein the dwarves accept the traditional tribute for your crime of destroying Zasitost.

1117 AD, End of the Year

Happiness: 4
Population: 7
Economy: 0!
Army: 4

"...and the recent tribute to Dwarves basically destroyed all what was left of our savings, my liege. The Army is doing its best to stay afloat and the people aren't exceptionally happy at the moment." The Advisor folds up the papers and looks at you.

A) "Raise the taxes then, we need the money ASAP!"
B) "Slash the Army's budget for a year, we're doing well against Ceodwell anyways!"
C) "Don't worry, we will get money soon. At least, I hope so..."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:28:42 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: November 26, 2017, 05:11:39 pm »

A will have to do, since certain idiots threw our treasury away.

Edit: I just checked and the vote counts are wrong.

Edit2: AA still won by one vote, but the result was AA: 5, BA: 4, BB: 1 (or 2 if prophet's crossed out vote counts)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:17:30 pm by milo christiansen »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: November 26, 2017, 05:12:34 pm »

Bad, but better than losing a multi-front war and getting even worse reparations imposed.

A.
Sigtext!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: November 26, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »

A
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1087