Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776755 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2505 on: November 04, 2017, 12:31:54 am »

A. This here's a good deal.

Y'know, probably.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 04, 2017, 04:47:08 am »

Well there's an overwhelming majority here
but can I just ask why you're all so obsessed with wizards that you're willing to drop the treasury to 1 (or 2, maybe) for this? :P

Really curious about what health and prosperity means in this case, for one. Do we get to cure the previous king? Do his children not get the same privilege? If they don't, is that good reason to suspect they're illegitimate children? It could be a game changer on quite a few levels. Besides, a lasting bonus to the health of our family seems like a pretty worthwhile expense. Nurture the family tree until we have enough family members that a few of them kicking off is no big deal!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: November 04, 2017, 12:56:15 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: November 04, 2017, 02:11:19 pm »

She steps forward and raises her hands, palm open, towards the ceiling of the audience room.

"O, Mare Terra!
Oh, Pare Cel!
Concedeixe aquest desig!"

Suddenly, the skies outside darken!

"Tot el bé i el mal
i el brillant i el fosc
amplieu el poder de la vida!"

And now the royal palace is shaking! Your courtiers are screaming in terror!!

"Déu intemporal de la mort
No busqueu aquesta família
I que prosperin!"

You slump onto your throne as your wife collapses to the floor. But the extreme dizziness and numbness of limbs that suddenly seized you disappears just as suddenly; the earthquake stops and the sky is clear once more. You look at the Sorceress, who seems to be quite pleased with herself.

"Now, I want my riches." Not willing to anger the powerful woman any further, you order the guards to take her to the Treasury. Later her monstrous entourage leaves, packing bags upon bags of coinage and gemstones, leaving the royal vaults mostly empty. Your Treasurer spends most of the day weeping.

1104 AD, Summer

You receive a report from the dungeon overlord. He claims that lately, your mentally sick brother Yoe II was just... better. He had no outbursts of screaming, has been sleeping properly and even held several conversations with the guards, who saw barely a tint of insanity remaining in him.

Few days later, as the news get around the Palace, your healers bring joyous news - your daughter Yra has been improving in matter of days!

A week passes and the courtiers gather in your throne room, arguing loudly. Your sister-in-law, Duchess Segeda, has sent them a letter that split the court in two. In the letter she asks that you abdicate and that Yoe II be reinstated as the King of Methiant.

"This might be only temporary improvement, and King Luath was all but incompetent during last two years! He should remain our King till Cyl's ascension, as agreed!"

"King Yoe II has been cured and is the legitimate ruler of Methiant! Let him back on the throne!" One way or another, Segeda opposes you once more, and now even the court isn't sure whom to follow.

After a long debate, you decide to...

A) Man up and toss Segeda where she belongs - into the dungeon - and claim the throne for self and your descendants!
B) Agree to abdicate and return the throne to your apparently cured brother, Yoe II.
C) Stick to the old plan - the throne will return to Yoe dynasty but only when Prince Cyl becomes of age.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 04, 2017, 02:13:43 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: November 04, 2017, 02:17:19 pm »

B. He literally is, so. Also: Just throttled our treasury, we can't afford civil war.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: November 04, 2017, 02:20:59 pm »

B

So much B!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 04, 2017, 02:27:46 pm »

B, we're Good Guy Luath and this is the thing we ought to do for the good of the kingdom. They'll probably name some kind of prestigious mode of human behavior after us, we're such a stand-up Duede.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 04, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »

Indeed. Our reign has been short, but people will remember it fondly. Let the years of Duede roll on!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 04, 2017, 02:32:45 pm »

Indeed. Our reign has been short, but people will remember it fondly. Let the years of Duede roll on!

Also we just spent all of the kingdom's money and aren't looking forward to being held responsible for the years to come, I suppose.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: November 04, 2017, 02:43:12 pm »

B!
woopie!

Although I wonder how Segeda will act now...
Did she realize what she had when she lost us? Or is this all part of her scheming? Her actions towards Yoe now will tell us a lot about her.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:20 pm »

Back to the old king!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 04, 2017, 02:46:54 pm »

A

She's a witch I say. How does someone seemingly only interested in books and young men suddenly turn into a political animal after her husband goes insane? Clearly she's an evil witch who cursed our brother in the first place, and Cyl is some half demonspawn bastard. It'll be painful yes, but we gota cut this sickness out of the palace now, before it overwhelms and infects the whole of the nation.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 04, 2017, 02:51:46 pm »

B.  They'll remember us as some sort of Cincinnatus.  Maybe.  Assuming they're not angry about us throwing out most of the treasury.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 04, 2017, 03:15:32 pm »

I wish we had an option to put the decision off for a year or so to make sure the improvement to Yoe II sticks, but I'm willing to just vote B and change the guards right now.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1087