Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776873 times)

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2445 on: November 02, 2017, 12:52:57 pm »

A

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »

It would be a waste to ask for a personal trait or bodyguard when we will be giving the throne to our nephew so soon.

I would support a, c, or j.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »

Giving the throne to the nephew was a terrible idea. Lets kill their mother and the rest of their line in their sleep.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:55 pm »

A) Ask for an artifact... (details to follow)
B) No more beasts ravaging our lands, pretty nice
C) Increase population and maybe wealth?  If it's a permanent long-term boost it's worth it
D) A beast that will probably count as 1 army point or something (beh, not worth to have a beast of war now, when money becomes water we ask one of these)
E) Get wise trait (not worth, as this leader is temporary)
F) Get Martial trait (not worth, as this leader is temporary)
G) - (gets charismatic?)
H) healthy trait (not worth, as this leader is temporary)
I) luck trait (not worth, as this leader is temporary)
J) bonus for army rolls? If it's a permanent bonus roll to any army that get's in our control it's worth it. if not, no
K) Hmmm, attract wealth and the trait healthy for all the family? That can cure our brother from madness put him back in the throne and ensure that Luath's lineage will get more trust from the leaders of methiant, also, will benefit Luath himself as he is part of family.

Options BCJK are nice (C and J only if it's a permanent bonus to everything that becomes our border)
Although A is fine IF something below is going to win just to make sure we won't waste wealth for shit

Options DEFGHI don't. D is only a small bonus although supercool. from E to I will ONLY BENEFIT LUATH and that's a bad decision for a temporary king (or any ruler, come on it would be better have hundreds of dwarven artifacts than this)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 02, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »

C, we are, after all, a King Regent.  Let's benefit our nephew's reign in advance with a bit more prosperity for the realm.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 02, 2017, 01:08:19 pm »

Giving the throne to the nephew was a terrible idea. Lets kill their mother and the rest of their line in their sleep.

Even if we don't give the throne, one day we will die, be it by bad rolls or old age, and the trait will die with us.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:29 pm »

I disagree, yes, the traits are temporary, but damn if they aren't powerful. +2 to rolls wins wars. Won wars are a permanent bonus. Consider how uppity Ceodwell is getting, and we probably have some sorta claim on it, given that we're related to the royal line there.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:02 pm »

C! Population growth is actually a rare occurrence around here, might as well give it a magical kick.

I disagree, yes, the traits are temporary, but damn if they aren't powerful. +2 to rolls wins wars. Won wars are a permanent bonus. Consider how uppity Ceodwell is getting, and we probably have some sorta claim on it, given that we're related to the royal line there.

Also we've still got a decade in front of us at the very least, and it's a rare king indeed who manages to even rule that long around here.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:15:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:15 pm »

Do note that this is a Sorceress. Whatever we do, it'll probably come back to haunt us.

865 AD, Late Summer

A man in long grey robe and conical hat wishes to see you, say the guards. You let the Wizard in.

"I have heard that this kingdom has a need of my services." You explain to the Wizard what is happening; the terrible droughts and severe thunderstorms. He strokes his beard.

"Ah yes, I felt it in me bones. Your family had dealings with a Sorceress, and she drew upon the powers of the air and water and earth of this land. This caused it to build up in chaotic energies which entered the state of flux now affect the weather. This is soon going to pass."

"How long?" You ask the obvious question.

"Maybe after this summer, maybe in few years."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:17:26 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 02, 2017, 01:17:23 pm »

C Better kingdom makes better scroll of numbers

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:06 pm »

C Whoops. Thought D was C there. Heh. Changed vote to K
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:28:07 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 02, 2017, 01:31:21 pm »

C is a noble choice.

But, I'll be voting for K, if only for the sanity of our dear brother and the continued recovery of our beloved daughter.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 02, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 02, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »

Do note that this is a Sorceress. Whatever we do, it'll probably come back to haunt us.

865 AD, Late Summer

A man in long grey robe and conical hat wishes to see you, say the guards. You let the Wizard in.

"I have heard that this kingdom has a need of my services." You explain to the Wizard what is happening; the terrible droughts and severe thunderstorms. He strokes his beard.

"Ah yes, I felt it in me bones. Your family had dealings with a Sorceress, and she drew upon the powers of the air and water and earth of this land. This caused it to build up in chaotic energies which entered the state of flux now affect the weather. This is soon going to pass."

"How long?" You ask the obvious question.

"Maybe after this summer, maybe in few years."

With any luck, she might pull the prosperity of our neighbors and give it to us. A win win.

Especially if we plan on war.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 02, 2017, 01:45:38 pm »

K.

If the dynasty prospers, so too does the kingdom.  And so do our chances of keeping the throne.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1087