Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775581 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8955 on: March 25, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »

B!

what the hell were that choices of the next emperor?

we expanded primogeniture laws, let's see what our daughters are capable of

We only had the one, actually, Eirika, and she's Queen Mother of Cydwyl (at least I think that's the right word).

oh, just saw that now, and she is healthy, that's not a bad atribute but... not thaat useful, but i would still like to do that shenaningans to make her the heir and try to put Erik as new emperor
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: March 25, 2018, 01:26:23 pm »

B!

what the hell were that choices of the next emperor?

we expanded primogeniture laws, let's see what our daughters are capable of

We only had the one, actually, Eirika, and she's Queen Mother of Cydwyl (at least I think that's the right word).

oh, just saw that now, and she is healthy, that's not a bad atribute but... not thaat useful, but i would still like to do that shenaningans to make her the heir and try to put Erik as new emperor

Yeah. She (or rather her son) is the whole reason I was pushing for expanded primogeniture laws. I would have made a stink about it had I been awake when we were taking that vote.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: March 25, 2018, 01:42:04 pm »

You decide to meet with Lord of Fireblood Court first.

"My liege! I'm proud to announce that we have made a spectacular progress in Fireblood machinery!"

"What would it be this time?"

"Hand-held Thundercats." The administrator claps his hands gleefully. "Sire, with these wooden and iron contraptions, one can load a projectile, lit the knot and shoot at the enemy before the charging warrior gets there!"

"Do you have working specimen?"

"Yes, but they seem a tad unwieldy at the moment. However, my engineers and alchemists are sure they could produce up to two, three hundred of these 'Deathreeds', as we've been calling them, per year, given our current metallurgical capacity."

You decide to...

A) Bless his efforts and order production and introduction of Deathreeds into Methiantese military.
B) Tell him to continue his work, and come in when he has something better to offer.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hotfire90

« Reply #8958 on: March 25, 2018, 01:44:21 pm »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: March 25, 2018, 01:45:31 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: March 25, 2018, 01:46:57 pm »

Okay. We have either invented the musket, or are one fireblood breakthrough away from doing so. HorrAy!

Now lets go get assassinated see what that messenger has to say.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: March 25, 2018, 01:48:30 pm »

A It saddens me that the age of the dishonorable gun has arrived but nothing we can really do about it. It was going to happened eventually once Fireblood stuff started appearing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:51:35 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: March 25, 2018, 01:57:50 pm »

A The age of sword and skill is no longer let the age of gun commence!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: March 25, 2018, 01:58:13 pm »

HAndcannon time!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: March 25, 2018, 02:00:08 pm »

A!

I wonder if we can find a source for Fireblood in Orcworld.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: March 25, 2018, 02:07:13 pm »

A!

I wonder if we can find a source for Fireblood in Orcworld.

I still wish the dwarves would stop by and offer to take our money and prospect Orcworld. Not now of course. We don't really have money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: March 25, 2018, 02:08:35 pm »

A It saddens me that the age of the dishonorable gun has arrive but nothing we can really do about it. It was going to happened eventually once Fireblood stuff started appearing.

Dude, it took 200 years for people of the local parts to get to musket all the way from thrown fire-bombs in SPAMKINGDOM+ in aboot year 960 :V

You tell him to begin production of Deathreeds for use of Methiantese military.

Then messenger is brought in, and he bows before you with big smile on his face.

"Emperor! I'm glad to see you still on the throne. I have returned from Gan Minsong, even if it wasn't my, well, ours, destination."

He then weaves a tale about how he and his colleagues were ambushed by bandits in southern Helliste. They lost half their numbers, then during a stay at the inn they get in drunken brawl. Four of them left, they finally visited the Helliste court. There, the trade advisor of Helliste King gave them direction to meet with some merchants, but as those lived in the colony of Autgard by Bloodpeak Mountains, they decided to take a ship.

But after a storm rendered their ship sailless, they were attacked by Albionese pirates. Two of the merchants died, and the survivors were picked up by Helliste ship, which was heading to Autgard and then Gan Minsong. In Autgard, the other remaining envoy caught a fever and perished.

Saddened but not heart-broken, the remaining messenger - the one standing before you - decided that this voyage already got so bad and so off-course, that he might as well try his luck getting to Gan Minsong. So he re-embarked on the ship, and visited the distant land in far east. He speaks of giant sea-trees that tried to smash their ship and the cold winds of eastern seas that envelop Gan Minsong islands.

"I must note that the tales of grown buildings and glassy roofs are exaggerations. All I saw was timberwork and clay roof tiles. Their clothes are fabulous, however, of material delicate yet insulating that I never saw anywhere around these parts. Not even threadworm silk and ketton cloth combined could produce something that good, and dyes they produce are brilliant hues of gold, red and blue. Their cuisine is truly alien, however; they indulge on weeds, mice, bats, octopi, oysters and birds and poisonous reptiles and lizards, but know little of meat of land animals, cows and horses do not exist in their lands, nor they produce much crops besides some grains and leafy vegetables."

He then continues his tale of Gan Minsong; apparently, the Helliste haven't been squandering the time and already established a small office in one of Gan Minsongian port cities. It is currently dedicated rest-stop for ship crews as well as place where Gan Minsong script and language is being learned and worked upon by Helliste scholars. Further, the Gan Minsong society seems to be extremely religious, bordering on fanatical; while they tolerate heathens, for a Gan to revere anything else but The Golden King (some sort of ancient King-slash-deity) is considered a crime; the punishment is execution of the heretic and exile of their family from their hometwon into forest-covered countryside or into the snow-covered mountain peaks in Gan Minsong heartlands.

After half a year stay in Gan Minsong, the envoy felt homesick and decided to catch a ship back to Helliste. This time the ride was smooth, and once he got back to Autgard, he found the merchants he was sent to meet in first place. Unfortunately, they turned Methiantese offers down; it seems that Gan Minsong has little interest in glassware, and Helliste merchants seem to calculate the price of eastern goods at much higher price than some paltry gemstones and silver bullion.

His mission a failure, the man however felt obliged to find a way to return home. He traveled along the coast, then joined a trade caravan heading for Cydwyl. He arrived there last Winter, and then journeyed back to Methiant, crossing the border few days before new year's eve.

"And so I am, your Majesty, back home, having failed my mission! Have mercy!"

A) "Mercy? You do not deserve mercy! You potentially crippled our chances at securing wealth of Gan Minsong for Methiantese peoples! To dungeon with you!"
B) "It is clear to me that you had quite a journey. Unnecessary, however. Seems we will have to do without Gan Minsongian wares after all!"
C) "You should've come earlier! If I knew how it was in the north, less time would be wasted waiting and we would've sent another dispatch. In fact, we will send more diplomats to Helliste! I want those fabrics you speak of!"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:13:23 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: March 25, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »

How do they feel about fine wines?

?B ut the vines aren't producing yet.  :(

Unless...

Can the C option be to our in-laws in Albion instead? 'Cause I want to try them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:17:39 pm by mightymushroom »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: March 25, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1087