Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775552 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8295 on: March 16, 2018, 01:47:26 pm »

B.

I think we are fucked. My hope was to save up to max economy and hire the dwarves to find us more mines before the gold treaty runs out. That isn't going to happen now. Taxes are only a short term fix with our happiness as it is.

The good news is our army should be up to full power soon. I suppose we will have to capture some new mines by force in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:08:20 pm by Weirdsound »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28:51 pm »

C - This will allow us to revoke an expensive edict. Like the recruitment offices.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: March 16, 2018, 02:35:47 pm »

You decide to raise taxes, and that's all.

1151 AD, Spring

You've become a granfather again! Bjeda gave Eivan a healthy baby boy that she named 'Bjern'.

Few days later, the delegation sent to King Tetan of Eldrican returns, with several wagons of ore and bars of silver. That amounts barely to a year of the silver promised.

"King Tetan said that this is the only silver he will send to Methiant in the coming years. As much as he would try to adhere to the principles of the treaty, currently he is unable to." Says your chief diplomat.

A) "Not enough, dammit, not enough! Time for WAR!!"
B) "Fine, I can accept this. For now."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:38:43 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: March 16, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »

I would like to point out my comment about the scroll before this last one, where it said our authority went up, but the number did not change. Was that an error, or just poorly chosen flavor text?

A
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: March 16, 2018, 02:46:02 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: March 16, 2018, 02:50:01 pm »

B, too many damn wars happening.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: March 16, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »

A, We can't efford this lack of silver
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: March 16, 2018, 02:55:33 pm »

A Well Tetan has obviously not learned anything about our history because everyone who breaks their word to us ends up regreting it in some way or another.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:59:17 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: March 16, 2018, 03:15:44 pm »

A

Important: We do not need, and should not try, to conquer all of Eldrican. We were promised silver from Koi, which is conveniently the territory nearest us. Let us occupy the mines and enforce the treaty measures. If Tetan plays nice we may even give them back when we're done. (With this lot voting? Hah!)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: March 16, 2018, 03:18:49 pm »

A

Important: We do not need, and should not try, to conquer all of Eldrican. We were promised silver from Koi, which is conveniently the territory nearest us. Let us occupy the mines and enforce the treaty measures. If Tetan plays nice we may even give them back when we're done. (With this lot voting? Hah!)

Actually, I agree with this. If Eldrican is such a hot mess that Tetan can't afford to pay his silver tax, I'm not sure I want it.

A

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:42:15 pm by Weirdsound »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: March 16, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »

I don't think there's any silver to be gained, you guys. Either the mine is running out or they owe money to the dwarves, and if I know those bearded dickheads at all then they're likely to pass the debt to us even if we do manage to take their mines, leaving us with fuck all or less than we started with in the end.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: March 16, 2018, 03:35:09 pm »

My god guys.

B

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: March 16, 2018, 04:23:06 pm »

Seconding the "oh my god" train.
B.
We already knew this guy was poor as dirt because the guy he usurped the throne from ran the kingdom into the ground. It might have been nice to see a bit more diplomatic rub-and-tug instead of this blunt "I'm not giving you any more silver", to prove that Eldrican still likes us, but being direct isn't even a bad thing either. Besides, they probably don't still like us quite so much since we keep extorting them for silver they don't have. Instead of marching the army in, let's just be polite now and remember that today's broke friends are tomorrow's slavesvassals.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: March 16, 2018, 04:31:18 pm »

B
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: March 16, 2018, 04:36:51 pm »

I would like to point out my comment about the scroll before this last one, where it said our authority went up, but the number did not change. Was that an error, or just poorly chosen flavor text?

By indecision with comet thing, you guys suffered another -1 to authority in 1149. So by the end of year it was -2, personal rebellion fixing brought it back to -1.

Also, 5 votes each, bleeeeh.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1087