Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775844 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #7320 on: February 12, 2018, 07:36:39 am »

We already got our metal and glass sells 3 pages ago lol
uh, you know those happen every year, right

ETA: oh, it just occurred to me you have a lower posts-per-page setting, of course. Never mind.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:03:24 am by Maximum Spin »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: February 12, 2018, 08:23:44 am »

Metal and glass sales come, and have always come, in the report for the month of Winter, not End of Year.

1143 AD, Winter

Silver is sent to the dwarves, gems and gold come into your pockets.

2to5, 1

On the trade front, metals earned some profits, while glasswork did not, plus the Passage Tax is almost done being established. Toll houses are constructed at major passageways and extra guards are brought to city gates to enforce taxation.

Nothing was rolled for End of Year until we enacted Recruitment Offices, when the 1to3/4to6 appeared.

The edict list of at EoY 1139 conveniently speaks to what we know (emphasis added):
Increasing Army budget increases the maximum the Army can support at once and in good shape ;v

(...)

Establish Recruitment Offices:
Mandatory training for youths is a good thing, but after bloodier-than-usual wars, there might be shortage of men to replenish the ranks. If we were to expand on the royal bureaucracy to include offices for traveling civilian recruiters and offer citizenship grants for mercenaries and travelers looking for a new home, our Army could refill its ranks much faster.

(...)

1) Since we adopted Professional Army long ago as a Kingdom, we pay -1/y to get +1 army/year. (I believe it also accounts for our superior equipment bonus against some foes.)

2) At various points Haspen, mostly just by putting the option out there, has induced the players to "expand" the army funding. I cannot find any correlation between those increases and extra performance in recruiting or in battle; the only known effect is the cap increase explicitly declared above. We do not know the actual value of the basal cap, much less how much each increase gives. (Because the biggest army we've had since then is 8.)

3) The same period that enacted the recruitment offices also added a 50% chance roll to the End of Year reports when final figures are tallied – enacted EoY 1139 and going into effect EoY 1140. Those Ends of Year with 4to6 (namely 1140, 1141) saw two points of Army growth; those years with 1to3 (namely 1142, 1143) only the previous normal growth of one.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:28:02 am by mightymushroom »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:58 am »

Dun dun DUN!!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: February 12, 2018, 01:33:34 pm »

aaabb aaabb aaabb aaabb aaabb
bbabb bbabb baabb
baaba baaba
aabba aabba aabba
aaaba

You decide to raise taxes and reduce Fireblood Court's budget, just like Army's is at the moment. No loans and no edicts!

1144 AD, Spring

News come from the west; Elran IV has made a rather ungentlemanly move and, breaking the truce with Ogan, assaulted his lands with dwarven weapons, Fireblood machines, mercenaries and own armies, burning the camps and settlements of the nomads into ash and cinders wherever they go.

1144 AD, Summer

Your guards come startled, unsure what to make of the guest that just arrived at your gates. The guards say this guest and his entourage have basically appeared from under the ground. They came without an invitation, a warning or even a signal. One moment they weren't and one moment they were.

It is the High King of Dwarves, Damacid Vabaktamlol 'the Goldhand', with his entourage of eight dwarves clad in purple armor that shimmers at every move. The High King is fat, bumbling dwarf that is constantly smiling and has his impressive beard tied into four ponytails. He wears cloaks and robes, all made of delicate websilk that is dyed with most brilliant of dark blue, purple, red and bronze colors.

"The dwarven king wishes to talk with you on matters pertaining the local troubles between you and his subjects, and to work out some peaceful solution to the ongoing enmity that is unacceptable for him and his council." The gate guards say.

A) "I speak to no dwarf. Turn him away!"
B) "Fine then, let him in."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:16 pm »

B

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:31 pm »

b

Maybe we can salvage the dwarf situation if they are desperate.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: February 12, 2018, 01:40:38 pm »

B lets see how long this lasts this time lol

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:18 pm »

B

We can always reject him after we hear his offer.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:57 pm »

B Well we're in no shape to fight the Dwarves so let's hope the High King is more reasonable than the other Dwarves have shown themselves to be.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: February 12, 2018, 01:53:28 pm »

We can always reject him after we hear his offer.
Uh, let's not.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: February 12, 2018, 02:03:55 pm »

B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: February 12, 2018, 02:08:45 pm »

B. Dwarves are Sticklers for laws, he ain't going to be an assassin or something.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #7332 on: February 12, 2018, 02:11:25 pm »

B
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: February 12, 2018, 02:13:27 pm »

You decide to let him in.

The guard dwarves are all hooded but you can see some reddish gleam of their eyes emanating from under the shadows. They wear short swords at their belts, while they hold the axes sideways in some sort of ceremonial approach. They stand in front of your guards, four dwarves per side, and turn their axes toward the middle of the room, while the High King, who is suprisingly tall for a dwarf, makes his way through the room.

"Isn't it Cyl, Emperor of Methiant, the most stubborn of men in the east!" Domacid opens his arms and moves in, as if he is a lovely uncle wanting to give his nephew a hug. He stops way before you though.

"I like you already, Emperor. You must have dwarven blood in your veins to show so much iron will, even in the worst of circumstances." The dwarf looks around your royal keep, and nods. Surely such fine masonry is appreciated by him.

"Well, enouhg of idle chatter. I would rather we get to business at once. Nothing I have to say is for the ears of the many, so shall we retreat to a smaller chamber. I will take two guards, you can take six. How about that?"

A) "Agreed."
B) "My guards will check you for hidden weapons first."
C) "We talk here or we do not talk at all!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: February 12, 2018, 02:14:40 pm »

I have this suspicion that the Dwarf King might actually respect B more.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1087