Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776286 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Crown Prince Leath of Methiant!
« Reply #6705 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:47 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: January 30, 2018, 05:00:18 pm »

D

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: January 30, 2018, 05:01:23 pm »

D

There is a middle ground solution. We might not be able to support them with the army, but there may be a way to both honor our promises and support our ally.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: January 30, 2018, 05:02:25 pm »

D - I'm all for assassinating every rebel leader our spymaster can get his knives into.

Indeed. If sending swords to solve the problem would be unwise, we shall send cloaks and daggers instead! D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: January 30, 2018, 05:04:52 pm »

D

Also what the fuck is Houlandin talking about? War war war war? Yeah, that's how it's been, but he's leaving out that it's been defensive war defensive war defensive war defensive war defensive war this whole time.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: January 30, 2018, 05:05:25 pm »

D
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: January 30, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »

D

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: January 30, 2018, 05:36:32 pm »

D because it's not Dad's fault that he got possessed by dumb spirits from beyond the veil of bad choices :(

fireground42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: January 30, 2018, 05:36:53 pm »

D

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: January 30, 2018, 05:51:35 pm »

A

Because I, personally, do agree with Houlandin. Cyl's certainly had his successes, but he's also been quite bloodthirsty.
(I can admit to sometimes casting my votes in that direction as part of the problem; certainly I badly underestimated the size of the dwarf response.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: January 30, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »

A

Because I, personally, do agree with Houlandin. Cyl's certainly had his successes, but he's also been quite bloodthirsty.
(I can admit to sometimes casting my votes in that direction as part of the problem; certainly I badly underestimated the size of the dwarf response.)

I think everybody underestimated the size of the dwarf response.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: January 30, 2018, 06:02:44 pm »

I think the only thing that Cyl has done that wasn't totally justified in a long time was attacking Eval. All the other wars have been us getting attacked over and over. I think Houlandin is off his rocker.

Like. Awww. His brother in law was attacked when we have a firm alliance with him so we sent help. How fucking bloodthirsty are we?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:04:58 pm by Criptfeind »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: January 30, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »

Do you mean the dwarven maniacs were going to attack us even if we totally didn't desecrate and loot their ancient tombs?

This is not a new feeling for me: I noted it in the aftermath of the first war with the dwarves when we did not take the offered settlement; I noted it again when we attacked Ceodwell for the second time. (Yes, I still believe that treaty was valid, and yes, I know others disagree on its merits.) Seeing a pattern of behavior, that's how I started to play Cyl: often he escalates conflict too easily, settles too slowly, and holds grudges too tightly. Houlandin is intemperate, but the substance of his charges is sound – we wouldn't have the Empire we have today if Cyl had been less a Conqueror, but that does not mean he is managing it well. Some wars were defensive, but far from all, and Eval and the dwarves left us weak and stretched thin when our obligations call.

Then, playing as Leath (forced to wait for grisly reports and unable to use his talents until too late), I see no overriding reason to defend Cyl.
This is an opinion. I respect that a number of my fellow voters interpret some events otherwise or have a different sense of Leath's affiliations.

My vote for A was in some hope, perhaps again falsely estimated, that Cyl would be deposed or relieved of all but figurehead duties by his sons in Council. Afterward while playing a successor I would offer every prudent assistance to Cydwyl that I can; effectively what everyone is saying for D but with Cyl removed from power. Don't mistake my vote for A as intending to give up on Cidric.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: January 30, 2018, 07:54:40 pm »

D
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6719 on: January 30, 2018, 10:55:19 pm »

D, as others have mentioned; our ranks may be empty but our coffers are full.

At least, until the damned midgets take all of it.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1087