Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776393 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #6690 on: January 30, 2018, 03:26:35 pm »

I was ready, when Cyl and his memory of dwarven betrayal passed on, to wholeheartedly pursue greater friendship with the dwarves. This taking of slaves forces me to reconsider.

I increasingly conclude that the dwarves' code of behavior is misanthropic at a basic level; granted the Methiant experience is somewhat one-sided. Even Daric of Eldrican, who claims to enjoy their friendship, admitted that his father acquiesced to their monetary demands on multiple occasions. "Further peace" has little meaning unless we can ameliorate their fundamental disrespect toward human nations, else there is only buying them off for a time.

-----

Somewhat separately, I slightly disagree that Eldrican is our preferred target in the west: the very fact of its size will make it difficult to sustain a campaign. I'm not sure what that would look like and would rather stick to espionage for now; but let's save the hypotheticals until we deal with the north.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: January 30, 2018, 03:54:32 pm »

You reply to Leath that he should accept the demands; the Wolf-Fang and the eight years of tribute in silver.

Within a week, the dwarves abandon your territory, taking their slaves and letting go those that can buy themselves out (or if they happen to have wealthy relatives), but about thousand (out of five thousand plus) men and women are carried off, mostly to Zonalath.

The final group of dwarves leaves, holding the Wolf-Fang wrapped in spidersilk, and a copy of the tribute contract, signed and sealed by you and Athul Damatharic, a tiny, elderly, withered dwarf with bald head and silvery beard wrapped around his waist twice over.

The Cydwyl cavalry does not wait that long; their commander, learning that you sign peace with dwarves, abandon Iwald's side and ride north to fight the battle for their King.

1139 AD, Late Spring

A council is held, because the state of Methiantese Army is simply abyssal at the moment. Some courtiers say Methiant should abandon Cidric in this hour of need, some that we ought to ride forth to help them just like they helped us. Iwald, Leath and Houlandin are all seated at the table, looking up for you to decide on this very fragile and very dangerous topic.

A) Obviously, we ride forth and help Cidric, otherwise we would be called cowards and oathbreakers!
B) But we have no one to send! Let's hope that Cidric forgives us one day for abandoning him.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: January 30, 2018, 03:55:49 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: January 30, 2018, 04:05:20 pm »

A - Obviously

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: January 30, 2018, 04:14:51 pm »

A

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: January 30, 2018, 04:18:25 pm »

A

The worst that can happen is that we lose, and the dwarves would have caused more damage than a rag-tag group of Cydwyllians.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: January 30, 2018, 04:19:31 pm »

A and why does everything always go to shit when I'm asleep :|

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: January 30, 2018, 04:28:25 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: January 30, 2018, 04:34:00 pm »

In theory, we have ways to help Cidric without actually riding on his behalf. Could we send our spies to sew chaos on his behalf? Send Leath to try and turn the uncle we are related to by marriage to our side?

Between A and B though, I choose A.

A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: January 30, 2018, 04:41:17 pm »

C? send our forcers to their border to make they lose focus on their war to prevent an attack from us

but send a letter, we will help with daggers on the night, send our spies to kill notorious people and sabotage
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Crown Prince Leath of Methiant!
« Reply #6700 on: January 30, 2018, 04:41:37 pm »

You decide that Methiant needs to help the Cydwyllian loyalists at once, no-

1to2oh boy

"No!" The table shudders when Houlandin's gloved hand slams at it.

"Are you mad, father!?" Your son yells. "What we're going to do is bleed ourselves even more than we have already! Our borders are unprotected, our veteran soldiers dead and recruits not even out of the fucking training fields! Less than three thousand left alive to carry weapons in a nation stretching from Tiftit to the very border with Damdamian Empire! And our Treasury is at low and we've just agreed to pay a significant part of our income to dwarves! What are you doing, father, answer me this! Is this some kind of game you're playing? Some sort, I do not know, real-life chess, and we're extra game assets you can gamble on? Always waiting for some troops to get mustered and then jump to a war at slightest moment of notice! And what is our part in this grandiose part of the plan? First Tywynn, then Connan, I lost my eye and look here - Iwald was sent to a fucking war against an enemy with greater numbers and greater weapons, and Alldivines be blessed for their favors given to him, because if he for once would've slipped in his tactics, our family tomb would have one more sarcophagus and I would have one brother less! No I say! The Methiant Army is not going anywhere, Cydwyls and Cidric be damned!"

"How dare you speak to the Emperor like this, Houlandin-" The Advisor stands but your son turns to him.

"What Emperor?!" He points a finger at you. "He is a joke! A joke I say, a joke and a madman who rushes through things, not caring for people, for the army, for anything, going about only to fulfill his list of goals or conquests or fucking whatever! And I didn't hear that my father has been terminally ill that he has few years left to life yet a league-long list of things to complete before his passes away! Or is it that he has elevated himself to the rank of Emperor and suddenly believes he is immortal, he is invicible, he can get away with anything he wants no matter how huge the cost!? And now he says 'go to yet another war' with barely a soldier and money left!? How can you bunch even consider supporting his decision is fucking beyond me!!"

Clearly the boy had too much ale! It is time for you to...

*KZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTT*

You're Leath, son of Cyl and heir to the throne of Methiant.

You're seated between Iwald and Houlandin, currently standing, and who currently finished his lengthy tirade, blasting your father, apparently for the string of bad choices and governing in past few years. Or at least, venting off his grievances to the Emperor.

The courtiers are aghast. Poor Iwald is absolutely pale with terror. Houlandin and Cyl both look like two hot-headed alley boys ready to come to blows, faces redder than rubies.

You really should do something before something terrible happens.

A) I have to agree with Houlandin. Our father needs to see that another war will only bring further misfortune to Methiant at this moment!
B) Clearly, I've got to persuade Houlandin that it's going to be alright, even if some of his accusations might have a grain of truth of them.
C) Houlandin's done it this time. Guards! We need guards! Where are those guards when we need them the most?
D) It seems I need to calm them down. Uhhh, ask the servants to bring some water? Find a middle ground, if there's one?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:44:41 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: January 30, 2018, 04:45:31 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: January 30, 2018, 04:47:29 pm »

D  Calm them down, there is a middle ground

Houladin don't want to see our troops bleed

Cyl don't want to turn our backs to the deal

SPIES and supplies, ask if is possible to not bleed the army with simple harass tactics while their commanders die when sleeping
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: January 30, 2018, 04:48:24 pm »

C

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:03 pm »

D - I'm all for assassinating every rebel leader our spymaster can get his knives into.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1087