Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 778435 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #5520 on: January 02, 2018, 11:32:09 pm »

B
If he displeases us more we can do A.
Besides, letters are our thing now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: January 03, 2018, 01:10:10 am »

B, any excuse to write a letter!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: January 03, 2018, 02:54:44 am »

We should go to war to defend not just the all divines faith, but all faiths the brutal king is suppressing in Parsia.  Tolerance to many faiths will be enforced!

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: January 03, 2018, 09:13:30 am »

You decide to write Shapur a letter, full of your displeasure about handling of religion in Parsia.

Few days later, as you're closing your eyes to get some sleep besides your wife, you feel a gentle breeze and some presence within the room. You sit up just in time to see an assassin sneaking toward the bed with a dagger!

You manage to grab your sword just in time to deflect the strike, which sends the assassin running!

The guards, alarmed by your wife's screams, barge in just as the man with the dagger jumps through the window. One of the guards alerts those outside and the rest bolt out of the chambers, giving chase.

A little while later in the night you learn that the assassin didn't get away but that he also didn't survive; some archers on the wall pincushioned him with arrows as he tried to climb over the walls.

In the morning, your Spymaster has some unpleasant news.

"My liege, we have checked the belongings of the dead assassin. He had no information on him." He presents you a dagger, well-made and of local design. It could've been made anywhere from Eldrican to the Lametania and its 'duchies'. The Spymaster will send his agents to gather information in these places, while your captain of the guard will triple the amount of guards on active duty, 24/7.

1134 AD, Winter

Your courtiers mention that Connan shapes to be yet another martial genius in his youth. He especially has shown talent for archery, of all things.

2to5

Silver, gold, gemstones and metals arrive, all providing profits for the Treasury.

And then there's the glassware from previous year and this. No one abroad has positively replied to your inquiries, so...

A) We gotta ask around again!
B) We gotta sell it to our own people.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: January 03, 2018, 09:16:40 am »

Uh, did we offend anyone lately? I wonder who would send assassins after us.

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: January 03, 2018, 09:19:27 am »

B

Are we getting Economy points for this glassware when we sell it to our people? Or happiness? Or something? it's unclear.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: January 03, 2018, 09:34:56 am »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: January 03, 2018, 09:51:45 am »

Let's see what happens when we sell it B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:51 am »

You decide to sell the stockpiled and fresh glassware to local peoples with money.

Your trade advisor reports some nice profits (inevitable, considering the amount sold), but what's more important the buyers, of nobility and craftsmen and merchants, were very excited to get their hands on a new brand of quality goods. They surely think better of you because of this!

1134 AD, Midwinter

You attend the marriage ceremony between Cidric and Eirika. The young couple looks beautiful and you can't help but have your moustache wobble from emotions. After all, you're the first from the dynasty to live and rule this long to be able to marry off your children and even get grandkids.

The grandiose feast is sponsored by Cidric's court, mostly by his wealthy uncles, and the young King, just like few months ago, seems more inclined to party hard rather than do any diplomatizing with his father-in-law.

Though there is a moment when he finally sits down at your side. You have a slight deja vu experience, but oh well. You decide to talk about...

A) Family!
B) Religion!
C) Money!
D) Army!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: January 03, 2018, 10:15:04 am »

D

An ally against lizard people would be nice.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: January 03, 2018, 10:33:46 am »

C! We got some cash to stick into their ailing budget!

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:34 am »

C
Might as well help them get their economy back on it's feet now the we are in law.
I am Curious about what kind of Reputation Methiant and our king have in others countries.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: January 03, 2018, 11:46:12 am »

We do have a lot of money. We can certainly help their economy.
Considering how many parties this guy throws, he probably isn't running his army effectively either.

D Cidric seems the type to be happy to have "the best army in the world" take over peacekeeping duties in exchange for a simple oath of loyalty with his new father-in-law. (bonus if Eirica nudges him toward it too.) And even if that grandiose plan fails, we may still make progress on an alliance against the Agaresians.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: January 03, 2018, 11:49:49 am »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: January 03, 2018, 11:50:41 am »

D - If we get the opportunity to leave an army on his doorstep we have more ability to suggest he take certain actions. If we throw money at him he'll just spend it on more parties.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1087