Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 778311 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #5340 on: December 30, 2017, 12:53:51 pm »

AA. We should've executed Utvak from the get go for banditry.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: December 30, 2017, 12:58:50 pm »

D. B.
We don't want to piss off our son, and we do want to try to regain some cash based off the fact that he have this guy. If they disagree with ransom THEN we kill him.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: December 30, 2017, 12:59:45 pm »

DB Cash is always good. We can always execute him if they daddy no.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: December 30, 2017, 01:50:45 pm »

Goddamit people, why D?!? Haven't enough people died because of this woman already!? Seriously, let's cut it here, she is simply going to bring more and more problems it's never going to stop or stabilize.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: December 30, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »

CA

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: December 30, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »

aa aa aa aa
ca ca
cb
da
db db db

You have Utvak executed. Per traditional ceremonial way of executing foreign nobility in Methiant, he is thrown into the moat with chain&ball around his neck.

Marriage between Leath and Ysa is annulled and the crying woman and her toddler are kicked out of the palace by a pair of guards.

Leath is obviously non-plussed about that, but after some talking he begrudingly accepts that being lenient with Ysa would only allow her to try worse and more scandalizing things in the future.

1133 AD, Summer

For some reason this particular, hot summer day has been choosen by not one but three visiting personas to knock at your gates. One of them is a merchant of some renown, dealing in fabrics and perfume from the north; the other is a scholar who has a proposal to the Crown (something about a ruined castle or some such), and the third is an envoy from the Kash- err, Parsia. First to get an audience will be...

A) The Parsian.
B) The Scholar.
C) The Merchant.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: December 30, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: December 30, 2017, 02:47:09 pm »

A

The Parsians have either good news for us, or a Casus belli. I'd count either as a positive outcome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: December 30, 2017, 02:49:57 pm »

A, always make time for the Parsians.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: December 30, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »

A

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: December 30, 2017, 02:51:48 pm »

A

The Parsians have either good news for us, or a Casus belli. I'd count either as a positive outcome.
+1

If the latter, then we get more land, always a good thing.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: December 30, 2017, 03:05:05 pm »

The Parsian envoy is let in first.

"Greetings, King Cyl of Methiant! I am Babab Hahalol, and I bring an offer from my glorious master, King Shapur! In his magnificent studies of old maps and ancient tomes of knowledge, he has found out that the lands in the very south of Ceodwell are rightfully Parsian." The courtiers grumble and murmur aloud but the envoy doesn't stop speaking.

"Therefore, my lord and master, King Shapur, in his magnanimity, offers a trade and a marriage deal to perhaps convince you! He understands that the main point of resistance to his offer would be the highly profitable gold mines. Therefore, for next twenty years, half of the profits from these excellent mines would be sent to your coffers, before the ownership would fully fall into Parsian hands."

"In exchange, King Shapur is ready to give away the settlements and glassworks located at the border, near the Minirok Mountains, the southern of mountain ranges in Parsian west, as well as give away the hand of his eldest daughter to one of your many prince-sons, as he has learned most of them are adult or almost adult and would soon be looking for a viable bride." The trade-off is evident even without your trade advisor chiming in; gold mines produce direct profits, while quality glasswork requires finding a buyer - on other hand, access to such luxuries could strengthen people's belief in the dynasty, plus family ties with Parsia could also be beneficial in a long run...

A) That is a fine offer, and I agree!
B) How about something little extra on top?
C) These lands are rightfully ours and I won't sell them!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: December 30, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »

C! Insulting.

If we want the glassworks we can take them.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: December 30, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »

C

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: December 30, 2017, 03:14:49 pm »

That.... Actually seems like a pretty good deal. Effectively 10 economy to trade gold mines (and mines always run out) for glassworks (which presumably won't run out, but take more work to sell... But can at the least be used for happiness) it also makes us loose our border with Gutba (I'd argue a good thing considering what they must be thinking about us) and makes our boarders prettier...

A question for Haspen, we're renovating the forts of Ceodwell, right? Would this deal include the one's we're working on? or are they more northwesternly?
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1087