Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777937 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #4815 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:53 am »

A fuck that guy

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: December 12, 2017, 12:08:15 pm »

B This is what we voted for. (I fear that Esta will not forgive so easily.)

I don't agree that eliminating Tywynn prevents future trouble; those events proc on their own schedule and at most it swaps out a figurehead.
Too be fair, even if this is the case (which I'm not sure...) having the "figurehead" have martial is a pretty bad thing and worth avoiding.

I am willing to examine evidence that a twin guarantees hardships. My view is that Cyl has faced a civil war by his uncle (who had openly supported Yoe's line twice earlier!) and a plot involving his younger brother; I don't think twinship is inherently more risky.

Touché on the trait, but I question is the end worth the means? If Tywynn were to succeed in an alternate timeline, then mightn't we switch to a ruler with the martial trait?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:11:10 pm by mightymushroom »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: December 12, 2017, 12:11:42 pm »

A.  Good on the babarian for killing the brat, but we are a king and do have our presentation to consider.  Can't just let people kill our kids and get away with it, "honorable" or not.  Honor of this sort is barbarism, and adhering it makes us look weak.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:14:10 pm by Lucus Casius »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4818 on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:15 pm »

B

dude we LITERALLY asked for this
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: December 12, 2017, 12:16:59 pm »

You decide to let Undar go. After he finishes up seventeen other more or less experienced warriors, he decrees the kingdom 'not worthy' and leaves for some other place to bother.

Your wife slams the door in front of your face when you come to share the bed with her, and, after unsuccessfully arguing that it is your bed, you decide to sleep on the royal couch tonight.

1128 AD, Midsummer

Enyntheism grows stronger day by day. Just now, the adherents of the young cult has gained a prominent ally in the person of governor of Luathbas himself, who decreed that he will sponsor construction of grand new Temple, upsetting other religious leaders who had the town's budget allocated to renovation of their shrines.

Do you avoid it this time? Of course not! The upset high clerics of Singularism, Pantheonism and Alldivinism has come in person to you, demanding you curb this violent and subvertive new faith.

A) I won't, and neither will you!
B) I can try something? A letter maybe?
C) Stop bothering me and do it yourselves!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:19:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: December 12, 2017, 12:20:09 pm »

B, and the letter better tell the governor to lay off with the public support of private religion. Any religion.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: December 12, 2017, 12:25:25 pm »

B
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:47 pm »

I am willing to examine evidence that a twin guarantees hardships. My view is that Cyl has faced a civil war by his uncle (who had openly supported Yoe's line twice earlier!) and a plot involving his younger brother; I don't think twinship is inherently more risky.

I'm not saying twins "guarantees" hardship, just that I don't see any reason to think there's a ticking schedule that says something like "in 27 years there will be a rebellion." Events in this game are (I'm fairly sure) made up by Haspen whenever he wants to see something or when he thinks something makes sense, heck, sometimes he even forgets about them! So, if he decides he wants a rebellion to happen, it'll absolutely happen, we can't stop that. (The rebellions at like 6 happiness proved that!) but if he thinks that a twin might cause a rebellion then it absolutely will. All we can really do is try to guess.

As for the current vote: A

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: December 12, 2017, 02:09:01 pm »

B

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: December 12, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »

Tywynn lasts several seconds before Undar's claymore cleaves him from top of his head to the ribcage.
:o
B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: December 12, 2017, 02:18:13 pm »

B

Ah, so it was my use of the word 'schedule:' no, I agree that there is unlikely to be a timetable so far in advance. (There have been one or two places where it seems a roll of the die is made.) I merely meant what you say, "we can't stop that." We seem to reach opposite conclusions, even so, depending on how we place the burden of guessing for an uncommitted future.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: December 12, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »

B

We can't have state sponsored religion.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: December 12, 2017, 02:52:27 pm »

I mean, we've paid for new temples before, so saying we can't have state sponsored religion seems a little iffy.

C, anyway.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: December 12, 2017, 03:06:46 pm »

B! Maybe don't call it a "grand" temple, you know. The first temple among equals, maybe?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: December 12, 2017, 03:12:30 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1087