Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776991 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #4185 on: December 01, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »

B
We might need the happiness if it takes a hit in the big meeting.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: December 01, 2017, 04:40:49 pm »

You decide to go on with more festivities.

1124 AD, Spring

Many representatives of the Pantheonist, Singularist and Alldivinist clergy have met at the Keep of Luathbas. The renovated and still regrowing city is easily visibly from the windows behind the seventy men of various faiths seated at the tables. Amongst them, are theologicians, lawmakers, loremasters, philosophers and high clerics of the faiths.

You are seated at a special table between all others. Singularists on the right, Alldivinists on the left, Pantheonists in the front, while Enyn the Heretic and his five colleagues are squished between the Pantheon and Singularist sections.

As the host and leader of the Council, you decide that first topic of the debate will be...

A) Philosophical debate between Theists (Singularism, Pantheonism) and Ietsists (Alldivinism, Enyntheism).
B) Reconcilliation of Enyntheist Heresy with the Alldivine Faith.
C) Discussion about possible threat of Damedian zealotry of the Holy Damdamian Empire.
D) Political debate about merits of religious equality vs state religion in Methiant.
E) Royal Audiences for Singularists, Alldivinists and Pantheonists.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:54:07 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: December 01, 2017, 04:45:16 pm »

D

This is what it's all about. Once this is solved the others can be had, so long as we establish from the start the requirements for the safety of the kingdom.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:32 pm »

B, to be followed by C
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:10:16 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:58 pm »

D - This is something to help them bond, solidifies our position relative to them and guarantees they don't have any religious minutae to argue about.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: December 01, 2017, 04:53:15 pm »

I think A would be a good start to get everyone's beliefs, differences and similarities (lookin' at you, ietsists!) out on the table, open up some kind of dialogue. Getting right into the meat of freedom of religion seems like it'd be best left for the end.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: December 01, 2017, 04:56:09 pm »

D is good. We have enough different members that a single one couldn't push to be the state religion without alienating themselves. They may know this already, but forcing them to say it aloud to everyone will cement them to it in private or risk taking a huge hit to their reputation.

Once this is established we can debate with less risk of confrontation.

D first.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: December 01, 2017, 05:09:01 pm »

I'm guessing C is something everybody can agree on, so we should start there. Nothing gets a bunch of diverse people on the same page faster than a common enemy.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: December 01, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »

There have been a lot of really good arguments for D first, so changing my vote.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:00 pm »

A & B regard deeply held tenets of faith and are difficult for a king to resolve except by favoritism.
C sounds like easy common ground, but they may think we're wasting time being obvious.
D either works like we want or the churches will be united – against Cyl the Godless.
E establishes our authority over the kingdom plus mollifies anybody who heard of our chat with Enyn.

I feel E sets a good tone and just maybe boosts our diplomacy. Not that I'm against the D votes: it's what we came for, may as well give it a go.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: December 01, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »

You declare that first topic will be: Political debate about merits of religious equality vs state religion in Methiant.

6*

The philosophers and clergy discuss the matter of state religion for Methiant. Various censuses are compared, political and religious thoughts exchanged. Neither faith is able to gain upper hand as to why they should be *the* faith of Methiant. Because people enjoy their religious freedoms and various cults are intertwined within the kingdom, thus suddenly declaring superiority of one faith above others will cause riots.

In the end, the wise heads of the religions in power is that Methiant shouldn't define a state religion for itself.

After a day of rest, the Council convenes again. After all representatives return from wild feasting meditation and contemplation, you declare that the next topic for discussion should be...

A) Philosophical debate between Theists (Singularism, Pantheonism) and Ietsists (Alldivinism, Enyntheism).
B) Royal Audiences for Singularists, Alldivinists and Pantheonists.
C) Reconcilliation of Enyntheist Heresy with the Alldivine Faith.
D) Discussion about possible threat of Damedian zealotry of the Holy Damdamian Empire.

Otherwise, you can declare that...

E) All important topics have been discussed and thus the Council has come to its end.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:24:19 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: December 01, 2017, 07:22:50 pm »

C then D

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: December 01, 2017, 07:28:47 pm »

C addresses (hopefully) the immediate cause of recent troubles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: December 01, 2017, 07:31:49 pm »

Let's C if they can't find common ground then.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:28:51 pm by Harry Baldman »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: December 01, 2017, 07:46:20 pm »

D

I think we've solved the big issue tbh. Now that they all agree to not pressure us specifically to do things or prevent others from doing things, they should be forced to be much more amicable. That said. I'm not sure we should force them into a confrontation over their faith quite yet. Not until we've forged them into at least a group willing to fight outsiders before each other.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:06:55 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1087