Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775668 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe II of Methiant!
« Reply #2970 on: November 14, 2017, 03:06:28 pm »

We had a lot of investment this time that we won't be following continuously. Also, whatever happened to that second caravan we sent into the mountains?

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: November 14, 2017, 03:10:05 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: November 14, 2017, 03:20:40 pm »

You decide to lower the taxes.

1112 AD, Spring

While your soldiers march south, the alchemists return from the north, bringing money from Queen Dogethe.

"We were able to teach the Queen's men how to create Fireblood and how to shape machines using it. She has sent with us the remainder of money agreed to in the treaty." They also bring news and rumors from the north; the bearded pirates of the Saltsand Waters, the Albionese, have launched an amphibious invasion backed by attack from the mountains, taking Kingdom of Helliste by surprise in least convenient moment for them, as recently the Hellistes had several rebellions occuring in past three years.

1112 AD, Summer

The Fireblood caravan once again arrives in the capital, and the ingredients are paid for with gemstones.

In relation to Fireblood, the alchemists, both young and old, ask for audience. The royal alchemist steps forward.

"Greetings, sire. I wouldn't interrupt your hard day at work if it weren't for the young apprentices of ours." The young men take off their greenish berets and bow to you.

They explain that they have a novel idea of smaller Fireblood machines that could be wielded by two people, or even by one strong enough person. It would require certain re-designs and most of the money currently devoted to manufacture and maintenance of Thundercats and even Blackhearts would be directed to this new project.

They apparently stumbled upon this idea after some very innovative youngsters decided that its next logical step after the huge and slow Blackhearts were replaced by Thundercats, which are smaller yet much more powerful after all.

The older alchemists believe that this would be waste of funds, especially that Thundercats' feasibility haven't been yet tested in actual war, and thus they would prefer to fund what currently works rather than run after every single idea their apprentices come up with. You listen to murmur of the audience room; it seems your courtiers agree with the older alchemists.

A) But think about it! Every soldier carrying a miniature iron tube of fire and thunder! This will be grand! We will be grand!!
B) On the other hand, we should stick to what we have and be content with that; there will be time for innovations later.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: November 14, 2017, 03:24:25 pm »

I know I'll regret it... but damnit.

A

Damn money sink T-T

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: November 14, 2017, 03:25:06 pm »

A
Hand cannons ho!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: November 14, 2017, 03:27:15 pm »

Lets Be reasonable here...

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: November 14, 2017, 03:29:46 pm »

B It's hard to believe it will work. Too innovative, too quickly, and too costly. The Thundercats are our edge against the big bullies around here, we can't just stop that program to go chasing shiny new stuff. Now if they had asked for a reasonable grant instead of blue sky research . . .

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »

B Who needs Hand Cannons anyway? We have our normal Cannons for sieges and the glory, honor, and dignity of our melee warriors and archers for the battle field!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:40 pm »

I would say B simply because of cost, but A is just too tempting.

Soon we will have an army the likes of which this world has never seen!

Also, I can totally see us annexing Lametania as a vassal. A few years of stationing troops there and we can formally add it to our empire and become Emperor Yoe the First.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:37 pm »

A It's a crazy idea, but potentially revolutionary. We need such ideas in the face of such great fear of the south.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: November 14, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »

B

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 14, 2017, 03:45:29 pm »

Changing B

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 14, 2017, 03:54:23 pm »

A

THE GUN IS GOOD
THE ECON IS EVIL

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 14, 2017, 03:54:44 pm »

A

Are we seriously rejecting the opportunity  of being among the First Nations to develop firearms?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 14, 2017, 03:59:56 pm »

I seriously believe that it won't work out, it's a red herring plot line. Thus my vote.

Also, from the very little I recall of military history, personal firearms didn't become all that dangerous until rifling and other manufacturing improvements. I'm not sure being ahead of the curve at this point would be a huge advantage. We're not suddenly going to make the Damdamians afraid of us.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1087