Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 776785 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Luath of Methiant!
« Reply #2460 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:12 pm »

Do note that this is a Sorceress. Whatever we do, it'll probably come back to haunt us.

865 AD, Late Summer

A man in long grey robe and conical hat wishes to see you, say the guards. You let the Wizard in.

"I have heard that this kingdom has a need of my services." You explain to the Wizard what is happening; the terrible droughts and severe thunderstorms. He strokes his beard.

"Ah yes, I felt it in me bones. Your family had dealings with a Sorceress, and she drew upon the powers of the air and water and earth of this land. This caused it to build up in chaotic energies which entered the state of flux now affect the weather. This is soon going to pass."

"How long?" You ask the obvious question.

"Maybe after this summer, maybe in few years."

With any luck, she might pull the prosperity of our neighbors and give it to us. A win win.

Especially if we plan on war.
With C it will probably won't screw with prosperity So i don't think it might do something imidiately terrible with hapiness,population,wealth

Might bring attention of gnolls of bullshitery that we will have to make a big amount of skirmishes through the land, at least we already reformulated the keeps.

Other stuff might require other measures
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 02, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »

K

In addition to curing our brother, it might help us out his second wife as a cheater if her children don't share in the boon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 02, 2017, 02:02:07 pm »

I switch my vote to K.

That's a good point, maybe our brother can be cured.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 02, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »

C

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 02, 2017, 02:42:22 pm »

K

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 02, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »

K Actually yeah. We seem to be doing pretty well at keeping our kingdom prospering without magic. So helping our family might actually be the better choice.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 02, 2017, 04:15:26 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna go with K as well. Let's be sorcerous lich kings!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 02, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

It would be nice to interact more with some of the more fanciful races and magical stuff again. Since they seem to have fade from attention quite a bit since the fall of Luathbas. Well besides the Dwarves and their artifacts that is. Plus getting back to some old fashioned mystical Pantheon worship would be cool but I'm not sure if that is going to ever happen.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:25:34 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 02, 2017, 04:28:28 pm »

Well, the Alldivines dudes seemed pretty into initiating us into the secret mysteries of their order if we made them our state religion, so that might not be entirely off the table.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 02, 2017, 04:34:03 pm »

Hmm. True. On the other hand the only evidence of any religion actually having a mystical nature has been pantheonism though. With it's spirit stag telling us the future in the first SPAMKINGDOM and there is that one scene where I think a ?God/Goddess? talked to us at the end of the SPAMKINGDOM game before this one when Dahnia destroyed us. Though I'm not entirely sure if that possible ?God/Goddess? was a deity of the Pantheon or not.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »

You ask the Sorceress to bless your family with good health and longevity and children. Xaviera Roarecho simply huffs.

"And that's all? Pathetic wish for pathetic king, I guess!"

Your courtiers grumble at her insults but she doesn't pay attention to them. Instead, she looks at you.

"I wish to be paid for my services, of course."

"How much?" The Treasurer asks, a bit nervously. Xaviera rolls her eyes and with ap uff of silver smoke, a scroll materializes in Treasurer's hands. He reads it and suddenly wheezes.

"My liege! Our Treasury will be nearly emptied if we agree to this!" The Sorceress grimaces.

"Idiot! Did you think I would see myself cheaply? By gods big and small, I value myself highly!" You decide to...

A) Pay Xaviera Roarecho what she wants.
B) Attempt to negotiate a lower amount of money
C) Politely refuse her services, due to exorbitant price.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 02, 2017, 04:59:58 pm »

B, we might as well use our charisma for something.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 02, 2017, 05:00:12 pm »

Yeah, lets not piss off the vain, already miffed asshole. A
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 02, 2017, 05:00:46 pm »

A The safety and happiness of our family is priceless!... That and a insulted angry sorceress is a scary thought.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:02 pm »

A, don't quibble with people who can fuck your entire kingdom up with a thought.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 1087