Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775480 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #16245 on: February 02, 2023, 03:07:00 pm »

A

State enemy, personal enemy. What’s the difference?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: February 02, 2023, 03:11:06 pm »

A - Perhaps they will believe their gods disapprove of these weapons

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: February 02, 2023, 03:50:57 pm »

A You wont believe how many wars ended prematurely cause the guy in charge happened to die in some unfortunate accident.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: February 02, 2023, 04:00:39 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: February 02, 2023, 04:19:45 pm »

You agree that it would be the most unfortunate accident, for Damdamians. The Spymaster smiles, and tips his hat again.

"Alas, such an accident won't happen easily. It will take time and effort to arrange for such - but some money handed over into unscrupulous hands would quicken it, m'liege."

A) "Sure, you can have the money, go have some tea with the Treasurer!"
B) "Actually, I changed my mind, we're calling this off."
C) "No money, but I believe you can do your best!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16250 on: February 02, 2023, 04:28:56 pm »

A - I'd prefer it if the money went solely to improving the odds of c anonymous success rather than just speeding things up

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: February 02, 2023, 04:32:32 pm »

A

If this fails, it’s better to fail quickly. I only see 2 win conditions here:
1. The plan works and the army disbands as Caius loses credibility or his life
2. We exhaust their forces by holding up in forts until their logistics fail (I’ve never seen Haspen care about logistics before though)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: February 02, 2023, 04:47:00 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: February 02, 2023, 05:20:14 pm »

You decide to give the Spymaster and his men some money.

"Thank you, m'liege, we will arrange for Caius' untimely death with haste."

1218 AD, Midsummer

"Marriage proposal?" You look at the Advisor, and the bearded man bows his head.

"Indeed, and one from your own, vast family, too, your Majesty." You scratch your head.

"Someone from Helliste or Eldrican?"

"Well, no, sire, from Methiant, actually." You quickly go through your head for potential brides-

"Wait, I don't have any female cousin near my age in Methiant!" The Advisor claps his hands, and smiles.

"You actually do, your Majesty. Have you heard about your distant aunt, Alissa?"

"First time I hear the name."

"Indeed! Alissa was once Queen of Cydwyl, through marriage to Erik, King of Cydwyl - who was also your relative - and she was granddaughter of Valhelma, and Valhelma was daughter of Yoe II from his first marriage, to a lady named Gedavina. Yoe II was the second ruler of Methiant coming from your dynasty, and your family, starting with your illustrious great-grandfather, Cyl the Great, comes from Yoe II's second marriage, to Queen Segeda. The marriage proposal has arrived from Alissa's family." You hum, rubbing your chin thoughtfully. You've never paid attention to genealogy, and keeping track of your cousins and uncles living abroad is already a chore.

"What's her story, though?"

"Well, Alissa and her sons were exiled from the palace after getting on the wrong side of Empress Ruberta about forty years ago, and that family has laid low ever since, especially after Alissa's death. One of her sons, Aron, has a daughter named Mera, who has just recently turned eighteen. Believing that the ill will between his family and rulers of Methiant has went away with deaths of both of Ruberta and Alissa, and, of course, passing of several decades, Aron hopes to reintroduce his blood unto that of the Methiantese royals. We have did the charting of your noble family's tree to ascertain the degrees of bonds, and it turns out Mera is your half-cousin one generation lower than you, and, indeed, very far removed from you; the proper term would be '5th half-cousin once removed', my liege."

A) "It's not like I have that many foreign royals to choose from nowadays. Sure, I will marry this Mera your speak of!"
B) "My aunt Alissa and her sons surely had a good reason to be removed from palace - and their families will remain far from the palace! I will not marry Mera!"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 04:44:04 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: February 02, 2023, 06:56:35 pm »

A we're far enough removed, and it'd be a nice stable look for the throne too. Divided branches of the dynasty coming together in tough times and she's local to the empire, which usually makes the people and nobility happy.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: February 02, 2023, 08:42:35 pm »

A - Sure, let's go for it

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: February 02, 2023, 09:49:31 pm »

A

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: February 02, 2023, 11:31:27 pm »

Still reading the archive, so I don’t know much about the current political situation. As a result I’m abstaining from voting.

Edit: Finally caught up on this game. Learned a bit more about the Damadian situation. It reminds me a lot about Russia and Ukraine.

Definitely misunderstood the situation in certain ways, but either way, I feel informed enough to make a vote.

A, I see why not
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 04:47:54 am by heydude6 »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: February 05, 2023, 11:21:14 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: February 12, 2023, 05:14:06 am »

You agree to the proposal.

"I will inform Aron and his daughter with haste, my liege." The Advisor bows and leaves. Later you learn that the marriage has been scheduled for Winter.

1218 AD, Autumn

5*

The war council is abuzz with murmur and rumors.

News have arrived that a small city of Korel, used by Damdamian crusaders as staging area in northern borderlands of Rucus, has partially blew up. It seems that Fireblood stockpiled there was accidentally ignited by someone, leading to multiple explosions that took out several quarters of the city. The casualties, amongst civilian population and the Damedian fanatics number in tens of thousands, although the losses amongst Damdamian soldiers seem to be on lower end - from few hundred to few thousand, depending on the source of these dramatic news. Amongst the casualties is the Second Prince of Rucus, Iorus Marblus, and the Damdamian general in charge of the crusade, Caius Cuscus, along with many other nobles and high-ranking officers of Rucus, Damedia and Damdamian Republic. The city is, apparently, a smoldering crater, with whatever buildings that were left standing ablaze and their occupants fleeing in panic.

While your officers and the Marshal take their places at the council table, you glance towards the pillars to look for Spymaster - and indeed he is there. He tips his pointy hat towards you from distance.

"My liege!" The Marshal shouts excitedly. "Our enemies suffered the greatest blow to their war effort. Pantheon itself must've blessed us with such an opportunity!" His subordinates murmur in agreement.

"We ought to follow through!" Says one of them, a young man, standing up. "We ought to gather our mighty Armies and attack Rucus, and take the war to Damdamians to strike panic into their hearts!"

"Nay." Says one of the veterans, glancing at the youngster with a judging stare. "That will put them on defensive, and we ourselves are example of how well defensive fighting can be pulled off. We ought to stockpile weapons, train recruits, and prepare for inevitable continuation of hostilities next year."

"Why do you insist on fighting?" Says another officer. "The Damdamians lost a city in accident and their renowned general perished in flames of happenstance and divine fate, for lack of better explanation. They're mourning. Offer the Damdamians the hand of peace, and in-midst of their tear-filled haze, they will accept and leave us alone." The war council goes up in murmurs and disagreements, before the Advisor brings peace back to it with the heavy iron ball.

A) "A golden opportunity not seen in years! Prepare the troops, good Marshal, we're invading Rucus!"
B) "We have some breathing space, let's make best of it and prepare for next year's warfare."
C) "They might actually accept our offer of peace, and trying never hurts, right?"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 05:15:57 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!