Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777152 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14505 on: September 02, 2018, 01:35:22 pm »

A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: September 02, 2018, 01:41:01 pm »

You decide to walk up to it and stab it.

As you turn the corner and its open eyes gaze on you, you realize that this beast isn't one that sleeps, but merely rests.

You are paralyzed by its demonic gaze!

Autofailure due to Paralysis spell!

The toothy feline head rushes you and impales you on one of its fangs, sending you flying into the rubble. You hear a loud shriek-like neigh, and see - blurrily - that the Flying Horse has come to rescue you!

5*

It blasts Kotekbacek with its fiery gaze! The wretched beasts roars in terror as its eyes are terribly burnt and damaged. The gigantic still body wretches and trashes about, smashing apart leftover fortifications, sending smaller and larger chunks of rubble flying.

4*

The paralytic gaze loses its hold on you, and you feel everything more than clearly. You try not to look at your body, because you can easily feel the gaping hole, the blood leaking and the mangled innards. How are you still conscious is beyond normal comprehension.

You're suddenly aware that you might not be returning to Wihemina anytime soon.

A) Time to crawl up to the beast and stab it in the abdomen!
B) The beast's distracted with the horse, I've gotta get to safety!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14507 on: September 02, 2018, 01:42:33 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: September 02, 2018, 01:43:32 pm »

A

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: September 02, 2018, 01:48:24 pm »

A I don’t think that the horse has the stamina and the raw power of it’s youth it will in all likelihood die let’s fight with the horse to increase our chances of us not being killed
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:00:27 pm by Basil ii »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: September 02, 2018, 01:57:23 pm »

A

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14511 on: September 02, 2018, 02:08:56 pm »

A
Another day, another monarch added to the steadily growing heap around Haspen's ultimate throne of the Kingdom of Spam.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: September 02, 2018, 02:17:19 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl of Cydwyl!
« Reply #14513 on: September 02, 2018, 02:52:14 pm »

You decide to crawl up to the centipede and stab it.

Meanwhile, the beast latches onto the Flying Horse, biting its body nearly in half! It sends the beautiful white beast into the rubble.

5*

You make your way to the beast, and once you see it's body writhe about near you, you raise the sword and stab hard!

With a loud shriek, Kotekbacek writhes away, the sword making its flesh burn, smoke and shine with sick, red glow. The megabeast then shrieks and rears itself before collapsing onto its back. Then it rolls around itself and, in a total shock and amok, climbs over the wall, only to writhe on the rubble again.

The vile beast is in its death spasms!

1*

And that's the last thing you see, unfortunately.

1196 AD, Late Autumn

You are Cyl, King of Cydwyl!

You arrive with haste in capital of Methiantese Empire, Methe, for your son has perished in the fight against Kotekbacek Greedpus the Inks of Violation (posthumously hailed as 'The Beastslayer')! Per inheritance agreement, yours is now the Imperial Crown of Methiant!

There's great discontent between Cydwyllian and Methiantese nobility which becomes evident once they sit down to talk about political and administrative structure of the Empire from now on, for the Cydwyllians aren't willing to become yet another provincial peoples but the Methiantese aren't willing to accept any Cydwyllian pretense at superiority or overlordship (as you are, by precedence of your origins, King of Cydwyl first and Emperor of Methiant second).

There are numerous things to discuss, including...

The name of the Empire.

A) It shall remain Empire of Methiant.
B) It will be Empire of Methiant-Cydwyl from now on!
C) It will be Yoean Empire from now on!

The capital city of the Empire.

A) It will be the old Methiantese capital, Methe.
B) It will be the old Cydwyllian capital, Cylla.
C) It will be the old and prestigious city of Luathbas.
D) It will be some big city between the lands, we can find one for sure.

The banner of the Empire, for there are several variants. Green is color of Methiant, Blue is color of Cydwyl, the Gold Stag is emblem of Methiant, the White Lynx is emblem of Cydwyl, the Green Eagle is emblem of Yoean Dynasty, and gold is simply royal.

Also, for funeral proceedings for the brave (and foolish) son of yours, Yoe IV. Bodies of his and the Flying Horse have been recovered, but the Horse's carcass already decomposed into a pile of salt. The acidic blood of Kotekbacek has rendered its steel corpse unrecoverable, and the ruined Orcworld Fortress will take months to clean and even more time to rebuild.

But back to the mausoleum!

A) Like others of Methiantese royals, he will get a grave in family tomb.
B) He deserves a separate tomb, we can afford it for sure.

//Pls no split votes, also due to amount of options this vote will take a day or so.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:36:29 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14514 on: September 02, 2018, 02:55:22 pm »

BABA

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: September 02, 2018, 02:59:01 pm »

CDDA

This makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing what sort of shenanigans hedonism could've got us into.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:31:22 pm by Kashyyk »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: September 02, 2018, 03:18:28 pm »

BDBA

I know that I think that most of these options are just for beauty reasons or roleplay, but I won't let some symbolism pass

in the first option  A rejects Cydwillians, I choose B contemplate both, C focus on our Dinasty over everybody else, it can mean both a bonus for authority or an clear reason for every subject call us arrogant

in the second: D we were planning to do this for a long time, we will have how to deal with both north and south easier, chosing one of the first two options means to appease and having to deal more with that nobility C is just for historical bullshitery

the third: A will fit like a glove if we chose "the yoean dinasty" B contemplates everybody and put our flag in the middle of the nation C is a horrible idea, really, COME ON, IT LOOKS LIKE THE TIGER IS GOING TO DEVOUR THE FUCKING STAG, D is okay

the fourth: A no expenses, we will have many already, altough We should start making an habit of making a separate tomb for members of the dinasty that died defending the nation
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: September 02, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »

B A B A

Inasmuch as Cydwyl is united by family rather than conquest I can honor them in our name. (But it's not a strong preference, just giving them acknowledgment in light of my choice for capital.)

Of the three named choices, good old Methe would seem to be most central to all our lands (Cylla is north, Luathbas is farther west). Haspen may be able to make something up for the other choice, but this is pretty good already. (Anything more central would be practically smack in the middle of Tiftit Valley, eh?)

A bit ornate, but it will guarantee more work for the shield painters and banner sewers. Job security!

I believe we've only had the one exception for burial, and that was out of fear of a magic curse. Our family should stay together.

Edit Add: When an army of the best trained soldiers broke and fled, our guy and his faithful steed went forward and slew a giant, magical beast made out of freaking steel. If that doesn't earn our dynasty some cred I don't know what will.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:06:00 pm by mightymushroom »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: September 02, 2018, 03:34:03 pm »

BABA
The name will please both the Methianthese and the Cydwyllians.
The City of Methe is undoubtedbly best suited, as it has been the seat of a large empire for a decent time and should have the infrastructure to maintain one.
Simply the most beautiful one.
It would seem more of an honour to have him buried with the other legends of his dynasty rather than in a separate enclosure.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: September 02, 2018, 03:35:55 pm »

B A B A so, I wonder how our stats are looking now.
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1087