Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777345 times)

Hotfire90

Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14430 on: August 31, 2018, 05:39:40 pm »

B

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: August 31, 2018, 05:53:03 pm »

B

I like this idea, but it strikes me as something we will want a higher than 0 authority score before attempting to implement.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: August 31, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: August 31, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »

C

It appears to be permission for the dwarves to set up shop. Nothing in the proposal requires our citizens to participate and no authority is needed to force them. Meanwhile the benefits should be obvious for traveling merchants. As we haven't actually seen an edict for setting up human banks yet, nor have enough bling to do so internationally, I say we use these guys to further leverage our economic power.

(Better than relying on dwarves solely for artifacts in an age of Science, I think.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: August 31, 2018, 06:14:26 pm »

Hum, it is vague if this is some kind of permission for them to offer these services to our people, or some sort of question if we personally want to interact with them. They uh. Told us about the vaults. But they've not actually offered any proposal to us? What are we even voting on?

However, it doesn't really make sense for this to be asking for some sort of general approval of these services, Methiant is surrounded by dwarven holds, traveling merchants can already very easily take advantage of these services in Methiant.

They have to either be asking to set up some sort of banks within our land, or for us to personally use their system. Either way, I think the answer is no. (Banks within our lands might not be a bad idea, but we need to have ultimate control over them, not the dwarves... I guess I wouldn't be opposed to working WITH the dwarves to set up a system, but not just giving them carte blanche.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:16:14 pm by Criptfeind »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: August 31, 2018, 06:16:36 pm »

They have to either be asking to set up some sort of banks within our land,[...]I think the answer is no.
That's what I think they're asking for, and why would we say no?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: August 31, 2018, 06:19:06 pm »

Banks within our lands might be okay, but not without at least further information on how they would work. This seems to imply that the money would be held within the main holds, so whatever banks they put in our land would presumably just be fronts for their mountain fortresses. Which just goes back to us giving all our stuff to dwarves on the promise that they'll return it (so long as they are happy with us and we do whatever they want.) I think banks within our lands would only be okay if we're given oversight and ultimate control over them.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: August 31, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »

C. We need it- and it will help with inflation.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: August 31, 2018, 06:47:13 pm »

As I recall the closest dwarven citadel to our capital (for example) is multiple days' travel, and that was for military messengers. The whole point of letters-of-rights is that the money is available in the place you find yourself without you having the expense and worry of actually transporting all that cash. Asking that everybody travel to Zasitost before and after doing business in Methe is wasteful and kinda silly. I don't think that's the proposal at all: a Vault is a Vault is a Vault, they should all keep enough reserve on hand to meet the expected demand – including sudden crown expenses if that's the way this is going, although it doesn't sound to me like it replaces our Treasury.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:10 pm »

B

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: August 31, 2018, 07:33:47 pm »

B. We don't want the dwarves to be in charge of our money supply. This is just the dwarves taking all of our actual money and leaving us out to dry with scraps of paper if we ever make them mad, plus our economy isn't really structured in a way that moving from precious coinage to what essentially amounts to scrip a good decision anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:38:14 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: August 31, 2018, 07:35:48 pm »

C. We don't want the dwarves to be in charge of our money supply. This is just the dwarves taking all of our actual money and leaving us out to dry with scraps of paper if we ever make them mad, plus our economy isn't really structured in a way that moving from precious coinage to what essentially amounts to scrip a good decision anyway.

C is accepting their offer.  It sounds like you mean A or B.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: August 31, 2018, 07:37:06 pm »

Oh damn, look at that. Fixed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:50 pm »

Considering dwarves don't lie(they might not mention things- but that's different) and they out right said that ELVES their most hated enemy bank with them, I'm fairly sure that we can safely send our excess cash off to them.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1087