Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 775734 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #13155 on: July 24, 2018, 11:45:08 am »

Ruberta does strike me as an alternate Maria Theresa type. Whenever I think of Ruberta I tend to think of her looking a bit like her, especially as she gets older.

A

It might provide a natural way of introducing a Bill of Rights down the line.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: July 24, 2018, 11:48:24 am »

A

One, Ruberta is clearly a family woman and a romantic at heart, she's going to swoon over young love and probably embarrass the couple with too many hugs and kisses throughout the big day. Two, I don't mind letting ideological conflicts between north and south become a plot driver; I think the fears over upsetting the Cydwyl Plan are overdramatized. Making connections to the south for the next generation is simply prudent.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:06 am »

A

Also, daww. We've started a trend!

Hotfire90

« Reply #13158 on: July 24, 2018, 12:10:36 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: July 24, 2018, 12:39:11 pm »

A

Only because we need back up heirs. I have a bad feeling about this though.

I can kind of tolerate Manos Amanos' Damdamian faith, but I will not have people so high up the line of succession tainted with talk of plauralism. Ideally we confront the diplomat at the wedding, and get his vow to not cause us trouble by pushing his politics on his son-in-law and grandkids.

Failing that, we could also explain the situation to our husband, and ask Cyl to find Deathan a place in his court, moving him to Cydwyl and putting him out of reach of his father-in-law's meddling.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: July 24, 2018, 12:47:27 pm »

Switching to A. To be honest I don't mind that much which is chosen, may as well get this vote down quickly.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:24 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:34 pm »

A

There were several times we had non controversial marriages.  When we arranged them ourselves.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: July 24, 2018, 01:03:35 pm »

You decide to let him marry whom he wishes.

1183 AD, Midwinter

The guards come a-knockin'; it seems that some Ysirene soldiers have arrived at the palace, with certain Saenn of Methiant in chains.

He is brought before you, and it is barely the Saenn you remember; he was a drunk, but he dressed nicely and kept himself clean-shaven. This here is bearded, unshaven, has a terrible gash on his face and the nose has been broken at least few times.

"He tried to escape twice, and because he was in Ysirene custody till we arrived here, we used our punishments against him." The commander of the soldiers says and his companions push him to the knees.

"Lady Empress of Methiant herself granted you her mercy. The Duke will forget and forgive that this man hurt his boy, especially that the boy's gash healed nicely; the Duke has no ill will against you. We have made our delivery, Lady Empress, and thus we shall depart." The Ysirene soldiers, the red lion on their chests and signs of Damed on their necks, bow deeply and march out in line.

Saenn gives you nothing but a stern gaze of dislike, if not hatred.

You decide to...

A) Demand an explanation for his behavior.
B) Remove him from the royal family, and let him free as a peasant.
C) Execute him for bringing shame to house of Yoe.
D) Dungeon him so he suffers in the last days of his life.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: July 24, 2018, 01:05:14 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:16 pm »

A

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:05 pm »

A
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Hotfire90

« Reply #13167 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:18 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:49 pm »

A

Let us hear him out. Try to calm his nerves.

Tell him the truth: The reason we are being merciful is that we want his children at our court (or Cyl's) and in the line of succession, for we have but one son, and thus could use all the possible backup heirs we can get.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: July 24, 2018, 01:20:25 pm »

You demand an explanation from Saenn. The man scoffs.

"Explanation? You need no explanatin'! Its the murderous tendency of all Yoean rulers so far that made me flee! Be the King, sure! Be the King's heir, sure! Be anyone else in royal family, ohhh boy you're now in the killer's sights! What happened to my dear brothers? Tywynn, sliced apart! Leath, eat'n by birdmen! Eivan, oh now that one got stabbed by your personally didn't he! This ain't all a coincidence, and I bet Cyl helped it happen with his 'wise' choices in his career! I spoke with Ustwelf once about this, when he decided to wisely leave for monastery! I thought he was paranoid, but few years later, I've noticed the trend! I ain't stupid you know! I understood my tendency to hit the bottle would make me an easy and convenient target to remove, so I fled too! And look - all but Ustwelf died violently, and only I remain alive! But now you got me, oh the 'Good' Empress! What now! You're going to execute me too? Feel free to do so, my kids are running around with my blood in their veins and I dearly hope that by some Pantheonic twist of fate they will lead a successful rebellion against your spawn one day!" The courtiers groan and call for Saenn's execution, as the man in question spits on the floor in front of your throne.

You decide to...

A) Send him to the torture chambers.
B) Grant his wish and execute him.
C) Dungeon him so he suffers for his crimes.
D) Let him go free, but as a peasant, not royalty.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1087