Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 777225 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10365 on: April 24, 2018, 10:09:45 am »

Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:59:32 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:40 am »

A
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:50 am »

B, always haggle.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10368 on: April 24, 2018, 10:23:30 am »

A

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: April 24, 2018, 10:25:35 am »

A

Tbh, I liked that result the most, and we had a bonus to negotiation for it, so might as well try again I guess.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: April 24, 2018, 10:26:05 am »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: April 24, 2018, 11:00:23 am »

One more try for A before D.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:15 am »

A

Tbh, I liked that result the most, and we had a bonus to negotiation for it, so might as well try again I guess.

When the other side, on a positive result, says flatly that the terms you seek are not available but we can give you this favorable compromise, what about the +1 makes you think those terms will suddenly become available next morning?
"You underestimate our honor! We would not surrender till we were beaten, and even then, we awaited the order from King Shapur. He never told us to stop fighting you, so we never did."

I expect that the various results are only degrees of position between the two sides of demands. Vassalage is not achievable, because orders. (Perhaps, perhaps, there's a surprise bonus for 7*, which is long-shot gambling on dice AND speculation.)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: April 24, 2018, 11:42:12 am »

To put it quite simply, this is not a negotiation. We are making our demands wrapped in a bit of sugar coating, and if he still says no then we will go ahead anyway, just without their involvement.

They get what we give them, or they get nothing.

Moral of the story: Don't lose a war with a much more powerful neighbor.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:54:39 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: April 24, 2018, 12:00:15 pm »

If they take it willingly we'll have to deal with less rebellion than if we force it on them.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: April 24, 2018, 12:06:00 pm »

Also, we attacked them because their wannabe king was a threat to the region. Lets not be the threat now.
The counteroffer is fairly good, considering that the primary objective was achieved. But haggling a bit can't hurt I guess, at worse we can still accept his offer or refuse.

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: April 24, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »

Of course it's a negotiation. It's a negotiation amongst ourselves, why do you think I'm arguing so much? There is no "breaking" Alalkan, he's going to do whatever the dice tell him. The question to us is to vote on which option has the greatest likelihood of favorable outcome. I've given my reasons for thinking C, a known and positive result, is a good choice. Most of what I'm hearing for A is "But it's not everything!" while downplaying the result of failure on our tired army occupying a foreign nation known to be arrogant and full of resistance.

See my earlier comparison to Eval, which for all of us being "more powerful" on paper just about ran our army into the ground thrice. Against larger Parsia we've already been asked to supply reinforcements on at least two occasions.

We are promised a number of concessions including a Methiantese official in the position of Vizier, someone who controls their laws, not dissimilar to having a vassal. The biggest difference I can see is no pledge of mutual military support. Which, since our army is apparently so superior you shouldn't feel worried about gaining.

(By the way, "They get what we give them, or they get nothing," is nearly the same thing you, milo, answered me when I questioned why we did not settle terms after taking Zasitost in the first Dwarf War. We won that territory in two battles, but I don't think victory proved that the dwarves were weaklings we could push around forever after.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:56:42 pm by mightymushroom »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: April 24, 2018, 12:28:15 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:25 pm »

A

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #10379 on: April 24, 2018, 12:34:35 pm »

B
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 1087