Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.  (Read 25662 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Barons of the Galaxy: Defend your monopoly of video games with a war fleet.
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2019, 02:49:32 am »

We should focus on one world to get 3 cities.  So we can control who becomes the systems second world ruler.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2019, 04:08:44 am »

I could probably help creating the industry to get one city founded, but by now I'm way too entrenched in Karachi to move my headquarter anywhere else.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2019, 07:01:32 am »

We should focus on one world to get 3 cities.  So we can control who becomes the systems second world ruler.

Any thoughts on which planet is ripe? I was thinking Saturn as it is a mostly untapped world (although, I'm not sure about the long-term potential of its mostly chemical resource base)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2019, 11:36:12 am »

I was thinking Mercury or Mars.  My original target was Mercury, but since I'm doing fine resource wise on Earth I've abandoned the planned move.

Either planet has plenty minerals, metals and chems to supply most industry chains.  Reason I would choose Mercury is because it is closer to Earth and the markets. 

If anyone wants the help in starting a city though, let me know.  I'll plop down a mine to help you hit the 1k production.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2019, 12:39:05 pm »

Same, looking to expand my raw materials base, and would be very happy to ship crops offworld still.

EDIT: Also y'all have any advice on scaling up? Seems like as I expand my overhead, turnover, and waste increase very quiickly and my profits stay roughly the same?
EDIT: for the record I average like 5k a turn, though it comes in a lot stranger waves.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:03:47 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2019, 06:52:05 pm »

I have destroyed high demand on earth for the mid-range products I am focusing on and I am barely breaking even now. Dropped most of my industrial production down a bit while I tighten my belt on where I am selling and wait for demand to start rising again. Also putting some of my existing large stockpiles of raws up for 80 to drum up some extra cash. I was going to get into sports equipment soon, but holding off on that for the moment.

It's been a long time since I played, but I think it will get a fair bit easier when city populations get bigger,, otherwise markets and demand are very limited right now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2019, 01:58:32 pm »

Woo, officially reached 5 Million in company value. Still a bit confused about how to grow my company efficiently, do I just need to keep up the micromanagement and invest in more facilities?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2019, 04:56:27 pm »

Is anyone in radioactive metal extraction? I'm trying to produce small power cells and I'd like to find a reliable supplier.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2019, 11:09:45 pm »

Is anyone in radioactive metal extraction? I'm trying to produce small power cells and I'd like to find a reliable supplier.

I am as a matter of fact! What kind of volume are we talkin here?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2019, 03:18:13 am »

Well, I currently consume about 10k tons per day, but with enough supply we can scale that up to something more impressive.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2019, 11:07:20 am »

Well, I currently consume about 10k tons per day, but with enough supply we can scale that up to something more impressive.

What city am I shipping to? Pricing? Et al.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2019, 02:47:12 pm »

I'm up to 6m net worth - even the initial tutorial-induced basic minerals production made enough money to get started, then expanded into polymers and now cell phones.

I'm producing 50 per turn of the 3 polymer types and 22 per turn of the phones - I'm a bit wary of increasing output on any of those due to the limits of both volume and demand; I already have the polymers cycling between 7 cities, and I have to periodically change which 7 cities those are since demand drops due to my continual sales.  I do have an excess of raw materials, but I think I'll branch into other types of component and/or end product rather than ramp up my existing productions, even if higher tier factories are more efficient.  Until then I'm just listing the excess raw materials on the market (seemed fiddly to try and ship out the excess to other cities whilst also leaving enough behind for input to production - I don't see an option for transports to e.g. "pick up all except X units" the way you can with market sales).

One question though: when you set products to sell on the market, in the accounting when someone buys from you the income shows under "Other", but while it tells you which corporation bought the product, how many units were sold, and what the income was, it doesn't tell you which product they actually bought.  Is there a way to see that?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 28, 2019, 03:00:47 pm »

Bangkok, and can you do 75 credits/ton?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »

Bangkok, and can you do 75 credits/ton?

Yes and yes, I can scale up production too. How do I set up my orders?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2019, 06:42:14 am »

You need to accept a contract (I will set this up, what's your corp name?) from the corporate/trade page. Then when making a Drop Off Cargo order check the "use contract" box and select the contract.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13