Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness  (Read 13343 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2017, 09:03:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 04:27:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was confused by Barbie's abilities (I thought they were yours), but I see it now. Approved...once I get a Text Color.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 05:00:50 am »

Dark violet!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 05:43:14 am »

Dark violet!
Then she is Approved!

If I don't get any more replies, I'll use Amnis as the last free thing.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 07:03:23 am »

Is Nikki life-sized, or doll-sized? What about Barbie?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 07:20:51 am »

Is Nikki life-sized, or doll-sized? What about Barbie?
Life-sized, and Barbie is too.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:46 am »

Staring into the cold, sterile room with unblinking eyes, Amnis draws a plan together in his mind. Focusing, he attempts to turn his epidermal layer into a thick carapace. [7] He hardens it, which should protect him. Thus, he walks in. [Spot: 8] Immediately turning his head left and right, he could see that no threats were near the door at all. Walking into the room, he continued looking through the area [Spot: 9] He turns his head to the right, and sees something shocking. Illuminated by red light, the creature seemed to be a crouched over human, with what seemed to be a scrounged together combination of a black shirt and a black labcoat, with dark violet pants. The creature seemed to wear a mask, with the eyes and mouth sewn shut. Amnis could see that it was the actual body parts that were stitched together, the mask still hanging open around those spots. The other eye was an unblinking purple, that bore into Amnis's soul. [A/D: 3 v 6] Amnis dodges out of the way of a strike from behind, rolling away from the blow. In front of him is a very similar creature, though instead of the first one's get up, this one had slightly more color, as he wore a silver sweater with grey jeans. He could now see sharpened claws that glowed purple with a magical energy.

Section Three: Paralyzed will begin next turn.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

So, I have multiple character ideas, one of them is an idea I used some time ago, but to somewhat less sillyness than I wish I was able to.

The question is, would it be okay to have a permanent NPC ally, if all movement was tied to them. For context, the idea I had had, was a pyrovore. The thing about them, is that the gun and the monster its attached to have separate brains, and the gun is the smart one that does the thinking. So effectively, it could take an action to try and make the body do something, or use an ability with a cooldown to do so guaranteed.

I've got other ideas, I just really fuckng want to use this one to its full potential.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2017, 09:31:27 pm »

So, I have multiple character ideas, one of them is an idea I used some time ago, but to somewhat less sillyness than I wish I was able to.

The question is, would it be okay to have a permanent NPC ally, if all movement was tied to them. For context, the idea I had had, was a pyrovore. The thing about them, is that the gun and the monster its attached to have separate brains, and the gun is the smart one that does the thinking. So effectively, it could take an action to try and make the body do something, or use an ability with a cooldown to do so guaranteed.

I've got other ideas, I just really fuckng want to use this one to its full potential.

That sounds really cool! I would definitely be interested in seeing how that character works.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2017, 01:07:33 am »

"Well, hello there... what exactly are you two?"

Assume a posture that is good for counter-attacks. Hopefully, I'll intercept any incoming blows and counter them. Make sure my carapace is maintained so that if I happen to fail to intercept I don't take as much damage. Also, avoid eye contact with that purple-eyed fellow, I don't trust that eye.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2017, 08:08:01 am »

[/list]
    « Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:01:37 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: June 12, 2017, 12:00:22 pm »

Seems pretty cool, but I need a level for your "big" ability, Of Two Minds. Since there's six starting points, and you used two for your other two abilities, perhaps a Level 4 ability is good for that?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #72 on: June 12, 2017, 01:14:17 pm »

Seems pretty cool, but I need a level for your "big" ability, Of Two Minds. Since there's six starting points, and you used two for your other two abilities, perhaps a Level 4 ability is good for that?
        The reason I have it listed with a question mark is because I couldn't really figure out how expensive it should be.

I made sure to give it plenty of downsides so that it wouldn't be such a high level ability, and then the rest of the remaining points would be allocated elsewhere. As is, Of Two Minds is three(technically four if you really want to count the fact that I have little control over the characters actions as an ABILITY) separate low level passives plus an extra(mostly uncontrolled) action per turn packed into one ability, but it also has several negative traits, such as potentially dealing damage to allies on death, no communication with other characters(yet at least), trouble moving in corridors and buildings, and being a big target who is extra vulnerable to AoE
        « Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:16:23 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
          • View Profile
        « Reply #73 on: June 12, 2017, 01:40:52 pm »

The reason I have it listed with a question mark is because I couldn't really figure out how expensive it should be.

I made sure to give it plenty of downsides so that it wouldn't be such a high level ability, and then the rest of the remaining points would be allocated elsewhere. As is, Of Two Minds is three(technically four if you really want to count the fact that I have little control over the characters actions as an ABILITY) separate low level passives plus an extra(mostly uncontrolled) action per turn packed into one ability, but it also has several negative traits, such as potentially dealing damage to allies on death, no communication with other characters(yet at least), trouble moving in corridors and buildings, and being a big target who is extra vulnerable to AoE

Ah, okay. Well, that's fine! Hellstorm (and Bob) are Approved!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
          • Full Metal Nutball
            • View Profile
          « Reply #74 on: June 12, 2017, 05:26:55 pm »

Jacob unshoulders his rifle (assuming he has it), making sure his syringe is in a holster where it can be accessed at a moment's notice. He then moves to the doorway, opening fire on the second creature as soon as the shapeshifter is out of the line of fire.
          This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
          Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9