Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness  (Read 13364 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac: The Mind of Madness
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 06:52:04 pm »

Reserved

Edited:
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
This works, but for Persuasive Monologue, what do you mean by "Has a Chance"? I guess that's up to me, but did you have a specific method in mind?
How about a simple 1d10 v 1d10? I roll a 1d10+1 because of Classy Speech vs the targets "ability to understand he's getting fooled, aka will" with any modifiers to will. If I beat them in the challenge they get distracted, with ties being they don't get fully distracted but still receiving a minor penalty (-2) to their next attack.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 06:54:12 pm »

Reserved

Edited:
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
This works, but for Persuasive Monologue, what do you mean by "Has a Chance"? I guess that's up to me, but did you have a specific method in mind?
How about a simple 1d10 v 1d10? I roll a 1d10+1 because of Classy Speech vs the targets "ability to understand he's getting fooled, aka will" with any modifiers to will. If I beat them in the challenge they get distracted, with ties being they don't get fully distracted but still receiving a minor penalty (-2) to their next attack.
Sounds fine! Terrance if fully approved.
Sounds fun! I'll reserve the last spot, please!
Reserved!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »

Spoiler: Amnis (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Fixed color thing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:42:57 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 07:38:34 pm »

While the format of the abilities is strange, I don't see anything wrong with him. I don't see a text color, though.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 07:41:42 pm »

While the format of the abilities is strange, I don't see anything wrong with him. I don't see a text color, though.

Define 'strange'.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 07:45:58 pm »

Define 'strange'.
Well, I guess it's more personal preference. Your abilities are like this: Example (Level 2 Active/Describes Something), Example 2 (Level 3 Active/Describes Something in greater detail), whereas I usually type it as such: Example (Level 2 Active): Describes something.
Example 2 (Level 3 Active): Describes something in greater detail.

Your way is fine, I just type it a certain way and it not looking like that seemed strange. Sorry. Amnis is approved.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Pretty much done, but I have 2 questions. First, do you trust me with generating the attributes? Second, does anyone have any good suggestions for her theme song? Something involving probability? Maybe something by Chance the Rapper?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 09:02:16 pm »

Updated/Reposting. Still need a theme song though :-/.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:52:03 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »

Spoiler: Callie Effae (click to show/hide)
Pretty much done, but I have 2 questions. First, do you trust me with generating the attributes? Second, does anyone have any good suggestions for her theme song? Something involving probability? Maybe something by Chance the Rapper?
I do trust you with the auto-generation for now, and I see no reason why that would change. As for music...I don't know, honestly. I don't know many songs with a theme of chance. You could do a song about scientific things. Approved!
Updated/Reposting. Still need a theme song though :-/.

A Wolverine/Deadpool-style Healing Factor sounds fine, so long as you're still mortal (unlike the Merc with a Mouth). Advanced Medicine should be temporary, going by the backstory. Not as many nanites, and in a different body with a different physiology. Jacob Daniels is approved! Also, while I have you, the Healing Factor makes me think Deadpool's Marvel vs Capcom 3 theme, but that's a bit too cheery for your calm character.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:26:59 pm by Greatness942 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:07 pm »

Cool! I'll add you and Nixus to the waitlist.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »

A Wolverine/Deadpool-style Healing Factor sounds fine, so long as you're still mortal (unlike the Merc with a Mouth). Advanced Medicine should be temporary, going by the backstory. Not as many nanites, and in a different body with a different physiology. Jacob Daniels is approved! Also, while I have you, the Healing Factor makes me think Deadpool's Marvel vs Capcom 3 theme, but that's a bit too cheery for your calm character.

I imagined his healing ability as a good deal slower than that, so I don't think it will be a problem! Also just to clarify, are you saying that the Advanced Medicine should be temporary as in they heal once then stop, or that it is temporary as in the injuries go away for now but come back later? (The first was what was originally intended, the second was a suggested nerf to keep the medbay relevant).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 09:49:07 pm »

A little too late for the party, but I'm very proud that my games, some more successful than others, have inspired new ideas. Drop me on the wait list, I'll have a sheet up soon. Best of luck, Greatness.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 10:01:37 pm »

I imagined his healing ability as a good deal slower than that, so I don't think it will be a problem! Also just to clarify, are you saying that the Advanced Medicine should be temporary as in they heal once then stop, or that it is temporary as in the injuries go away for now but come back later? (The first was what was originally intended, the second was a suggested nerf to keep the medbay relevant).
That's a good question! Both options are really good for different reasons (keeping a part of the hub relevant, making it not too OP.) If there was a cooldown for the former option, it could work as the latter, since not every injury can be fixed on the field.
A little too late for the party, but I'm very proud that my games, some more successful than others, have inspired new ideas. Drop me on the wait list, I'll have a sheet up soon. Best of luck, Greatness.
Oh wow! Okay, sure. Welcome to the game!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2017, 12:08:05 am »

Can I hop in the waitlist too? This looks like something I'd hate to miss.
(I'm guessing for theming reasons magical characters are not allowed, and every part of my character should come from mad science which is not magic at all.)
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9