Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42948 times)

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/9
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2017, 01:21:47 am »

Well hot damn. I'd say it's good to be back, but we just lost three team members. Oh well, live and learn.

And next from the Federal Department of Poor Phrasing,

Let's see if we can fit this gem in our arsenal.

Research the Mystery Bloody Gem

I don't know what exactly these gems are capable of, but we did just watch someone wielding them tear apart the majority of a three story building along with several highly trained soldiers using a length of metal chain. Now, if you will, imagine that person had a gun. Or armor. Or both. There's some serious power inside those things, and if they're anything like our EXCALIBUUUUR, it will be worth our time to figure out exactly what it is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2017, 06:50:13 pm »

Wow, this game is almost eight months old now. Right, still need votes.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:18 am »

As much as a want to get the free research from just fielding the thing, it kind of reeks of evil blood magic...

1: RAM: Research the artefact gem
1: Hibou: Research the mystery gem
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 18, 2017, 10:34:42 am »

2: RAM Blood_librarian: Research the artefact gem
1: Hibou: Research the mystery gem
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »

Carmilla's Kiss
~Curse of the Countess~
This gem, once pure and clear, has been stained in the blood of countless humans and semi-humans. Animal testing has transformed several lab rats into bloodthirsty vampires, simply by placing this amulet on their necks. Perhaps fortunately, the gem can not be removed once worn. At least, not until its current bearer expires. Those under its effect seem to hold on to most of their mind, though they have increased aggression and thirst for blood. Their initial physiology resembles the ghouls we have seen. A particularly messy test showed that corpses "of your own kind" can be absorbed into the necklace, apparently empowering the artifact and the user in turn. After absorbing a handful of other rats, its physiology became much closer to the second-tier vampires we have observed. At this point, ingesting further corpses did nothing, however fresh blood continued to increase its power. The rats didn't have a large enough volume of blood to significantly empower the user further.

The afflicted is capable of living off of typical meats, such as beef and poultry, but receives no power boost from such creatures. Stored blood also offers sustenance, but does not increase the user's abilities. On a human target, we should immediately see a significant increase in speed, dexterity, resilience, and other abilities in return for the vampiric vulnerabilities. They would immediately be capable of handling two Heavy weapons without difficulty, for example. Many of the stored corpses should be capable of increasing the amulet's power, assuming the creature was initially "human". Zombies would offer little power, while werewolves would lead to a significant increase. Once a certain point is hit, we would need "fresh blood" to continue its growth. Studies suggest that captured werewolves would be capable of "giving blood" only once per user, despite how useful their regenerating ability would theoretically be to this gem. Otherwise, the most practical place to power up the gem would be in the field. Simply put, the more creatures a gem-wielder kills, the stronger it becomes. There are some exceptions, an Armor would offer no blood thus would not increase the Kiss's power. Powerful non-human creatures such as Drakes should still theoretically power the gem, despite obviously being inhuman themselves. Captured individuals can "feed" the gem only once.

If the user ever dies, the power stored in the gem leaks out and it is back to square one. As a final observation, the gem seems to "prefer" females. That is to say, for whatever reason, it has a stronger resonance with them. They are able to use its powers more easily and gain power faster, but in return the mental effects are also increased.

Phase 1 Round 10
Design Phase
35R
Current Designs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Current Equipment:
Current Enemies:
Current Technology:

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/10
« Reply #560 on: December 21, 2017, 09:15:00 pm »

If that doesn't just scream "become the monsters you fight" I don't know what does. I dunno what to do right now, if command doesn't want to give us money for missions well done I don't know what we're going to do.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 21, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »

We need to go into business.

SLUDG HOSE Police Issue:
We simplify and improve the HOSE. The Police Issue HOSE fires SLUDG at a much higher pressure, sending it further away. The simplifications to the device's structure make it suitable for mass production. As part of this design, we market the Police Issue HOSE to, you guessed it, the world's police. We'll sell these devices and the SLUDG to go with them to earn money for funding.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 21, 2017, 09:58:17 pm »

Genius. Absolutely genius.

Quote from: Votebox
SLUDG HOSE Police Issue: (1) Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:44 pm »

SLUDG HOSE Police Issue: (2) Madman, FallacyofUrist

And here comes my vote.

If we need more Resources this turn, I'd suggest selling some zombies.

We've got a ridiculous amount of live and dead zombies in storage, the live Fast Zombies and Zombies would earn us 20R.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 21, 2017, 10:22:56 pm »

Guess we'll just have to come up with some more cost-effective methods of killing stuff. This isn't the revision phase, but I would like to suggest that during it we might want to revise the Unobtanium's cost. It's a pretty nice gun, but we rolled a 8 on cost, so they're 70R a pop.

As for the design, the holidays are coming, why don't we deliver some fancy new presents?

Project LAST CHRISTMAS

Inspired by the sheer destruction brought on by the previous mission, the R&D set forth to design the Local Anti-Supernatural Titanium Concussive Heavy Resonating Interchangeable System of Technical/Mechanical Assist for the Safety margin. (Due to recent financial difficulties, the A.C.R.O.N.Y.M.1 Department saw some cutbacks.) They came up with three handy designs for the Safety Margin that can increase its effectiveness in the field without requiring a total re-design. The three designs are as follows:

C.H.E.E.R. - The Chemical High Energy Exo-Ocular Round is a handy chemical explosive that upon detonation releases an incredibly bright flash of both visible and UV light. Tests in the lab have shown this to be incredibly disorienting as well as leaving some severe sunburns on those standing near its explosion. Because of its explosive nature the release of the light is very loud, only adding to its disorienting capability.

S.T.A.R. - The Silver Tipped Applicator Round is a new spin on our original fragmentation round. This includes the use of small amounts of silver in the fragments and casing, allowing it to have the standard destructive power alongside its ability to easily and effectively introduce silver into the blood of nearby enemies.

I.C.I.C.L.E. - The Incendiary Canister for Interspersed Coverage of Local Enemies round is a special round that uses a similar compound that's found in our SLUDG ammo, combined with a special long-burning incendiary agent. The result is an explosive round that detonates on impact, spreading layer of thick slime everywhere. Thanks to a mixture of phosphorous inside the slime, it ignites almost instantly upon exposure to oxygen. (The R&D team has also noted the mixture tends to burn green, leading to an interesting color display when it begins to burn surrounding objects.)

SLUDG HOSE Police Issue: (3) Madman, FallacyofUrist, Hibou
LAST CHRISTMAS: (0)

I started writing this before Madman's made his proposal, which I think really works for us a lot more considering the current financial situation. That said, I was already too far in to not finish, and this thread could do with some explosive themed holiday cheer.

1 Application of Characters for Remembering Obscure Names You Made

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 21, 2017, 10:30:45 pm »

Stirk, this is a request to crank out a turn really fast, so we can also do some holiday-themed designs, in addition to un-screwing our financial situation.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 21, 2017, 10:32:53 pm »

I worry about marketing S.L.U.D.G. because it would involve marketing the removal agent too, unless it is to be used lethally, or a slower-acting removal agent can be developed that would, well, still be lethal if it blocked breathing...

Granted, equipping all of their agents with removal agent and training them to use it in the field, especially when many of them... have difficulties with complex instructions... would be difficult, and thus I doubt it would see complete ineffectiveness of our own S.L.U.D.G. in the field, there would be risks.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:56 pm »

Good point. Perhaps instead make a slightly less effective version (that requires a different-enough dissolution agent AND can be dissolved by our own dissolver mixture).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 21, 2017, 11:02:44 pm »

Guess we'll just have to come up with some more cost-effective methods of killing stuff. This isn't the revision phase, but I would like to suggest that during it we might want to revise the Unobtanium's cost.

We don't have a revision phase :V.

Stirk, this is a request to crank out a turn really fast, so we can also do some holiday-themed designs, in addition to un-screwing our financial situation.

All of the turn? Up to the next design phase? But that is soooo much work :V.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 21, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »

But you don't even have a revision phase, so you're doing only two thirds the work of other arms race GMs :V
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42