Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42966 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 2/2
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2017, 11:08:05 pm »

We have unlimited, if dodgy, 'nades, and we have a spare scanner that we never used...

Can we use our scanner on ourselves? Perhaps the Oversight will reveal that we are haunted or cursed!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2017, 11:30:02 pm »

Oh, well if equipment carries over then yeah, just give one to our squad and the other in storage, or give it to the lab boys to find out whoever's been sleeping on the job over in quality assurance. I want names, people!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2017, 11:35:04 pm »

We have unlimited, if dodgy, 'nades, and we have a spare scanner that we never used...

Can we use our scanner on ourselves? Perhaps the Oversight will reveal that we are haunted or cursed!

The Oversight is used on the researchers! One researcher claims he sees invisible strings directing the actions of everyone as if they were being controlled by entities from another dimension. In fact, if you listen closely, you can hear the sound of typing keyboards! The room goes silent, and indeed there is the faint sound of keyboards...

The researcher than laughs, and high fives his engineer buddy over their successful prank. Disciplinary actions are being taken.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2017, 08:34:36 pm »

All right, not much voting going on.

If I understand it correctly, the current consensus is to build one Unobtanium and add it to the current loadout?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »

Yes. Pretty much. Nobody's disagreed yet, anyway.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2017, 08:59:46 pm »

All right, not much voting going on.

If I understand it correctly, the current consensus is to build one Unobtanium and add it to the current loadout?
+1
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2017, 12:44:10 am »

Alrighty! My sleep schedule has been filled with bullets, so sorry for posting this a little late :[.

Also I ended up writing way too much, so I didn't get a chance to proofread the later parts. I reserve the right to retcon anything that doesn't make sense  :P.

1 Unabtanium is produced (-70E).

Phase 3/2 Battle Report

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phase 4 Round 2
Dissection/Development Phase
100R
Current Designs:
Current Equipment:
Current Enemies:

Current Technology:

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/2
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2017, 12:54:07 am »

I note that we still have two oversights after one was damaged. I hope that this is not an error but is seems worthy of verification.

I would liketo enhance our sensory ability to better observe the unknown energies we have encountered. It would go a long way towards gathering intelligence.
I also repeat my desire to establish public contacts that can't be easily traced back to us, so as to have ready access to people who can identify and sell recovered equipment without revealing much of ourselves.
But for now, zombie ooze is scary.
But there might be some interest in the mage. perhaps there is some difference between a them and a human that could explain their abilities?

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public division:
1 Zombie toxin: RMA
0 Mage autopsy:
Read the First Post!

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2017, 01:20:12 am »

We also have the mage's book, which can probably be of some interest assuming it doesn't turn dangerous the instant you try to read it like some other magical publications. At best, it unlocks the secrets of the magical world to us, at the very least it'll tell us how NOT to research magic. Win/win-ish?

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public division:
0 Mage autopsy:
1 Red spellbook analysis: Hibou

Also in light of the recent loss of a dearly departed leg, I'd like to spitball the idea of creating cybernetic limb replacements/enhancements. The largest stumbling block would be learning enough about the way the human nervous system works to get it to interface properly with the electronics, and studying the brain could give us some tangential insight into how zombies walk and mages control their magicks.

It's the least we can do for the soldier. After all, he never asked for this.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2017, 07:04:35 am »

Also in light of the recent loss of a dearly departed leg, I'd like to spitball the idea of creating cybernetic limb replacements/enhancements. The largest stumbling block would be learning enough about the way the human nervous system works to get it to interface properly with the electronics, and studying the brain could give us some tangential insight into how zombies walk and mages control their magicks.

It's the least we can do for the soldier. After all, he never asked for this.
I support this idea. If this is successful, we can have MEC-like soldiers.
it's over

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2017, 08:04:55 am »

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public division:
0 Mage autopsy:
2 Red spellbook analysis: Hibou, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2017, 08:16:37 am »

We need to develop something that can immobilize and disable that mage. What is required for the casting? Do you need to speak? To move your hands?

Perhaps for the technology we can instead do a complete workup of our Oversight technology. Figure out (In this theoretical sense) how to make it better at detecting nonphysical things, better range, better durability, etc. Then, we design it new and stop worrying about ambushes.

Of course, I'd also like to deploy the ABC grenade, or even SLUDG (If it works on mages) to disable those mages and imps before we start taking more casualties. And yeah, some form of prosthetics would be nice, as it might lead us to a form of remote-control robotic soldier that we don't care about and don't need to worry about starting epidemics with.

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public division:
0 Mage autopsy:
2 Red spellbook analysis: Hibou, Crazyabe
1 Prosthetics: Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2017, 08:24:07 am »

I note that we still have two oversights after one was damaged. I hope that this is not an error but is seems worthy of verification.

You currently have two Oversights, according to my notes. If one is damaged in the field, you only have one left. If this is wrong correct me :-/.

Perhaps for the technology we can instead do a complete workup of our Oversight technology. Figure out (In this theoretical sense) how to make it better at detecting nonphysical things, better range, better durability, etc. Then, we design it new and stop worrying about ambushes.

Increasing the Oversight range, detection, etc is as simple as re-rolling its Effectiveness.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2017, 12:24:05 pm »

Grenades seem to be useful. lets make bigger better grenades.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »

Perhaps for the technology we can instead do a complete workup of our Oversight technology. Figure out (In this theoretical sense) how to make it better at detecting nonphysical things
This is what I want with the spectral sensors. I would rather like to have them before we move on to the spellbook, so that we can observe magic to assist with the learning of such. Assuming that we can learn magic without going native...

, better range, better durability, etc. Then, we design it new and stop worrying about ambushes.
This sounds more like a design, and perhaps could be combined with a full information-overlay mask? Probaly better to just revise the oversight though at first, we would probably want a large, more effective version and some more experience with it before trying to integrate it into a wearable helmet would be useful...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42