Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42950 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/1
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 05:18:41 pm »

How much science fiction can enter into this game?

A decent amount. The realism of the setting isn't very high, though things that you can't plausibly do with modern technology will take expensive and difficult research.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 05:22:28 pm »

Hrmm, I really want spectral sensors. It is sort of our first step into actually understanding what is going on. It could lead to magic eventually...

Occult research would be attempting to find solid information on the supernatural. I mean, if zombies exist, then someone must have seen one at some point... But it is about as vague as it sounds, I wouldn't really know how to start building up research material and experts on the legitimate supernatural, aside from trawling though myths and stories and looking for things that match our experience.

I think that we want to save up about 100R...

I really want a contact network too, it is our ticket to safely selling our loot, so it could pay for itself pretty quickly if we are lucky...

Quote from: Shopping list
180R our budget
180R The awesome mecha-death ultracannons that we design next turn
100 Sludg
50 monster senses(Abc scrambler compatibility)
50 spectral sensors
100 public division
300 powered lifting
Can we get more than one thing if we have the funds for it?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:51:32 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2017, 05:27:44 pm »

Can we get more than one thing if we have the funds for it?

No, unless they can reasonably be combined into one research project (as is the case of the public division), trying to force it to things that are remotely related increases the cost and decreases the chance of success. The turn limit is one project (and will probably be more effective than the resource limit unless I can start balancing resources better  :-X).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »

Quote from: Shopping list
180R our budget
180R The awesome mecha-death ultracannons that we design next turn
100 Sludg
50 monster senses(Abc scrambler compatibility)
50 spectral sensors
100 public division
costs skeloot just sell/ask-about the Skeloot(-skeloot)
300 powered lifting
free analyse Skeleton smoke(improbable):
free analyse Braaaaaains(-braaaaains, very hard):

Quote from: votes
0 S.L.U.D.G.E.:
0 Analyse skeleton smoke:
0 Sell skeleton gear:
0 Analyse zombie brains:
0 A.B.C. scrambler tweaks:
0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2017, 07:14:28 pm »

Cross the ABC Scrambler system off the shopping list there. It's not necessary---he said it could be done in a design instead. Speaking of which, design next turn...

But anyway. How about we analyze the zombies' bodies? Figure out muscular structure and attempt to divine something of their physical strength and weaknesses other than headshots? Because non-scrambled zombie brains might be helpful. Especially if we're dealing with a pathogen-like zombie epidemic.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2017, 07:29:44 pm »

0 S.L.U.D.G.:
1 Analyse zombie brains: Hibou
0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:

As much as I'd love to see S.L.U.D.G. become a reality, our budget is kinda tight at the moment and I get the feeling analyzing the zombie matter might provide better results while we establish ourselves and start making bigger paychecks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2017, 07:31:42 pm »

The brains we've recovered so far are useless to us. They've been riddled with shrapnel and bullet holes and so can't really tell us anything. However, researching their bodies might give us hints as to what level of SLUDG we need to restrain them, and where you can shoot them other than the head. If necessary.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:20 pm »

However, researching their bodies might give us hints as to what level of SLUDG we need to restrain them, and where you can shoot them other than the head. If necessary.

The spine is divine, but those knees they work just fine?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2017, 07:36:51 pm »

More comprehensive info and more preparedness. That said, I really just want to know how strong they can physically be....if we can figure it out at all.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2017, 07:54:21 pm »

1 S.L.U.D.G.: RAM
0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:
Ah dunna wanna voot fohr mah ohn sturf.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:
1 Analyze Zombie Bodies: Madman198237

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »

0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:
2 Analyze Zombie Bodies: Madman198237, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »

2 S.L.U.D.G.: RAM, Mallos
0 Spectral sensors:
0 Public Division:
2 Analyze Zombie Bodies: Madman198237, Crazyabe
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »

Oooh, ooh, ooh! Heads up displays! So we can give our troops minimaps and projected projectile paths and shared hostile position images and thermal/ultraviolet/elecrtical/etheric/thaumalogical/transphasic/empathic overlays and censor bars to prevent SAN loss!

Helmet-compatible tranparent imaging.

I worry that dissecting zeds is a bit early. On a good result, we find out, what? That they run on magic? That they have weak bodies and massive electrical dependenc and a golancing blow to the spine is a guaranteed kill? That they all belonged to the same corporation? That we can zombify our own agents and apply control devices to make them cooperative? That there is a universal control signal that can command all zeds and have them package themselves into a warehouse somwhere? On a bad result, we find out that whatever made them work, it isn't something that we can figure out yet. I just feel that we should get some equipment advances first. The public division would help us get funds and information, and the spectral sensors would provide more data on all similar creatures we encounter, and the S.L.U.D.G. should be a revision to get a fairly universal weapon. I kind of feel that it is a bit premature to go for zed autopsy, especially if we could maybe get it as a package deal with the brain if we get some more parts.
Read the First Post!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2017, 10:13:18 pm »

Oooh, ooh, ooh! Heads up displays! So we can give our troops minimaps and projected projectile paths and shared hostile position images and thermal/ultraviolet/elecrtical/etheric/thaumalogical/transphasic/empathic overlays and censor bars to prevent SAN loss!

Helmet-compatible tranparent imaging.

I worry that dissecting zeds is a bit early. On a good result, we find out, what? That they run on magic? That they have weak bodies and massive electrical dependenc and a golancing blow to the spine is a guaranteed kill? That they all belonged to the same corporation? That we can zombify our own agents and apply control devices to make them cooperative? That there is a universal control signal that can command all zeds and have them package themselves into a warehouse somwhere? On a bad result, we find out that whatever made them work, it isn't something that we can figure out yet. I just feel that we should get some equipment advances first. The public division would help us get funds and information, and the spectral sensors would provide more data on all similar creatures we encounter, and the S.L.U.D.G. should be a revision to get a fairly universal weapon. I kind of feel that it is a bit premature to go for zed autopsy, especially if we could maybe get it as a package deal with the brain if we get some more parts.

Hence my voting for the SLUDG.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42