Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42960 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/6
« Reply #360 on: August 14, 2017, 08:30:03 am »

The system for powering a cybernetic/prosthetic leg is remarkably complex, in fact. It's at the cutting edge of modern technology, and yet we've done it here. The biggest issue might be miniaturizing a power source. If that becomes an issue, we might wish to do some serious magical research every turn.

I want to figure out anything we can learn from the sword, and then work on economics. Economics are hurting us. A lot.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 14, 2017, 08:53:57 am »

We need money. Study the Blue Book so we get Water/Cold based tech increases and then design the Magical Coolant Spell that would allow us to make an immense profit on the Tech Industry.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 14, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »

A repost of my previous design, the Phalanix vest.

The traditional kevlar armor, while it is cheap, isn't going to stop several bullets to the chest. After having one death, we don't need more.

Using a alloy of titanium and carbon fiber at least a centimeter thick for the plating, these armor vests are designed to be able to take enough of a beating to allow the user to survive a burst of assault rifle bullets to the chest, and the vests are designed to be wearable over the armor underneath. It's designed to provide protection, but it won't be light as a feather.

The front torso will have plating around 2 cm thick, the back being 2.5 cm thick to counter sneak attacks, and 1.5 cm thick everywhere else besides the sides, being 1 cm thick, except the area under the arms, which is 1.2 cm thick.
it's over

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 14, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »

Pet Fluffles!
This is madness.
You have my full support. +1 to Pet Fluffles.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »

I think I previously price checked every current suggestion, so we just need some votes.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

Aw. Crap. Internet died, and I lost my post.

Business Practices, Economics, Finances, and Other Crimes Against Humanity
Our experts have proven themselves to be thoroughly second-rate at selling things. Therefore, we'll just teach a dedicated Economics Corps to make more cash on sales, and to set up solid businesses when necessary (Should we ever need additional income. Like, I don't know, RIGHT NOW?).

Quote from: Votes
Econ Corps---Pending on pricecheck: (1) Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:20 pm »

200R, doubling for Econ corps.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2017, 01:50:48 pm »

Quote from: Research
Blue Book: 1: SMMI
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2017, 12:13:24 pm »

Still
Need
Votes
(So that hiatus was totally not mah fault)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »

Blue Book: 2: SMMI, Madman

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2017, 01:12:48 pm »

Next Gen Armour: 1: Kashyyk

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »

Black Book: 1: Crazyabe
Next Gen Armour: 1: Kashyyk
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »

Probably should move on already. (While it almost looks like it was a tie, apparently RAM didn't vote.)

While nothing groundbreaking was discovered, the investigation went off without a hitch. Using a refined version of the technique developed for the Red Book, a vast verity of hand symbols had been tested in a fairly short time. The gestures discovered in the Red Book where the first to be examined as the runes where cross referenced to those already on file. Perhaps fortunately, no duplicates had been found, meaning the book is entirely new content. The next step was to copy the movements recorded in the field, before moving on to making seemingly random motions. As predicted, the book contains a variety of ice spells focused on freezing the target, causing bits of the atmosphere to freeze in order to "summon ice", and generally making things really really cold. As the final step, the composition of the book was examined, destroying it in the process. Our knowledge of this form of spellcraft is just a little bit more complete.

Phase 1 Round 7
Design Phase
90R
Current Designs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Current Equipment:
Current Enemies:
Current Technology:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:11:36 pm by Stirk »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2017, 07:53:45 pm »

What if we sold 4 regular zombies plus 6 Fast zombies, and then bought ourselves a Safety Margin?

It would finally give our lonely soldier a special weapon.

Also, things that explode properly are no longer a threat.

EDIT:
Did not read turn phase, did not remember where we were in the process.

Anyway, time for a new design! Not sure what we should do, although we might do some of SMMI's magic-coolant things to sell for cash.

EDIT2:
If anyone wants to have a livelier experience in this game, it might help if you join the Discord, which is sadly understaffed at the moment.

Discord promotes rapid idea-sharing and general activity, which does help keep games alive. https://discord.gg/JP53RNc
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:01:37 pm by Madman198237 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/7
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2017, 08:28:46 pm »

I kind of hate cross-media, as it tends to get discordant with nobody sure when one thing was said in relation to another, or people thinking that sometthing is a reference to something in another media, and others not being aware of that thing. It is also discriminatory, as people with better access to a thing, which can easily be a result of timezones or similar, will gain more representation, while someone else will turn up after a conversation is over and nobody is interested in discussing it... I, for own, prefer the more considerate pace of the forum, yet don't really find my pace inhibited. It its true that you can't interrupt someone mid-thought, but that feels to be a good thing.

I think that we should buy a safety margin, and probably revise it too. Didn't it get some pretty horrible rolls? Would we want to fix the performance first or try to lower the cost before buying any?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42