Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 1/11  (Read 42957 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 2/6
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2017, 10:25:07 pm »

Yes. There seems to be no real point to selling things right now.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »

Well, we could redistribute equipment... All in favour of having one soldier dual-wield Unobtaniums, duct-tape the H.O.S.E. to their head and the trigger to their mouth, the sword strapped to that sticking out the front like a bayonet, and tape the Brighteyes to the sides of their head to cover their eyes? If I can't get any votes for this masterful plan then I guess I support going in without changes...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2017, 06:57:21 am »

Well, we could redistribute equipment... All in favour of having one soldier dual-wield Unobtaniums, duct-tape the H.O.S.E. to their head and the trigger to their mouth, the sword strapped to that sticking out the front like a bayonet, and tape the Brighteyes to the sides of their head to cover their eyes? If I can't get any votes for this masterful plan then I guess I support going in without changes...

can i talk to your dealer

i'd like to know what drugs you're on

(this plan won't work out)
it's over

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2017, 08:28:11 am »

He was joking.

Just pointing that out.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2017, 02:30:46 pm »

Can I talk to your dealer?

I'd like to know what drugs you're on.
Most people spend most of their lives thinking that those lives will be longer than they actually will be. Just look at that difference, glare upon it, look into that great void and stare into its vacant soul. Gaze upon it until it says "HI!" and then just ask it to hook you up with whatever you need. It's good people! Best range I've found and at decent rates.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2017, 06:40:24 am »

I vote for nothing.

We have 0R.

Let's just get the damn battle report done.
it's over

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »

Quote from: Votes
(?) Don't buy anything, no money no problem 8): Pretty much everybody

I think this will suffice for this turn.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »

Due to machine defect, the nothing that you decided to purchase took an absurd amount of time to build and deliver, slowing this update down significantly.

Phase 3/6 Battle Report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phase 4 Round 6
Dissection/Development Phase
90R
Current Designs:
Current Equipment:
Current Enemies:
Current Technology:
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project PROMETHEUS: Supernatural Arms Race Phase 4/6
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2017, 06:55:04 pm »

Let's figure out the sword. That'd be an excellent design, and we could follow up with a standard rifle with silver bullets, focused on cutting costs. Let's try undershooting the full power of a design.

Quote from: Sharp Objects Are Good For Cutting...And Other Things, Like Blasting Hostiles
Our researchers are assigned to analyze the sword, using any of our magic books necessary in the process. Their task is to figure out how the sword works, why it works, what it's made of, and if we can replicate the effects.

Quote from: Voting For Voting's Sake
Sword Research: (1) Madman

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:40 pm »

As a game mechanic, I believe that we cannot build duplicates of the sword. I am not clear on whether that means that we can't learn anything from it though, and it would be nice to know its full properties. Manual activation of the light beams and any possible countermeasures to its sharpness, or any potential effects it may have on the user, are still unknown. For all we know, it might not reveal the full extent of its abilities unless it is wielded by creepy little girls with traumatising histories.

Then again, we have it, and it works, and we will learn more about it as we see it in action.

dead drake *study
Study the deceased drake with a focus towards the capture and control of living drakes.  chemicals that may act as sedatives, joint motions that may be weaker than others. Likely favourite foods and pleasing physical interaction, along with methods to inflict pain or anything obviously associated with dominance behaviour. Breeding methods... We only have the one for now, but competent capturing protocols along with an effective training regime could lead to a valuable resource.

Pet Fluffles!
We havea live drake in a cage, let's put it on a leash! There is evidence that they already cooperate with handlers so let's see if we can get our living drake to cooperate with our forces.

Fluffles! Speak!
They seem to be working to silence their operatives. We have one of their operatives. We should interrogate the Mongrel and see if we can get an overview of the organisations and forces we are fighting. Note that anyone who practises "better dead than in enemy hands" probably is not a good employer. We may be able to offer them something resembling a life by giving them a job as a lab assistant or accountant or something... Witness protection may also work but that risks exposure and we don't know the full range of detection that they possess...
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2017, 04:52:23 am »

Once again, we have been very lucky with regards to casualties.

I again suggest Next Gen Armour, focusing on full body coverage, including joints, to protect our soldiers from exceptionally virulent, touch-transmitted disease, fire, blunt trauma and firearms. The enemy has proved very capable of getting into melee with some very dangerous weaponry, and it has only been an exceptional string of luck that has saved our soldiers thus far.

If it's simply the bottom line you are concerned with, note that we receive penalties for casualties. Armour will prevent those penalties.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2017, 07:54:24 am »

That will be a design.

I'd definitely support a leg-prosthetics-based design that gives us basic powered armor, turning a soldier into an armored killing machine. Then, as well enhance our prosthetics knowledge we can add in full-body power support, making our guys insanely tough.

However, we need a source of income. I think we might spend this turn's design building ourselves a little sideline business (Like, literally build it) to give solid income.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2017, 08:10:25 am »

That will be a design.

Not if we want new, enhanced materials (such as metallic/ceramic composites or what-have-you) or if we want assisted movement (The intermediate between current armour and full on powered armour). Otherwise we're stuck with trying to remake our already existing interceptor armour.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2017, 08:17:36 am »

Our interceptor stuff could use a revamp, in fact, to protect against the injuries we're facing. However, a design could ALSO include our basic leg prosthesis tech to support the weight of an armor suit.

Ceramic/metal composite armor already exists. That is literally what an interceptor vest IS. It is either metal plates (Very heavy) or ceramics (Lighter, but only good for one or two hits per plate segment) that cover the vital parts of the body.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2017, 08:25:14 am »

Well yes, they do exist. But we can always research better ones. I'm not exactly a materials engineer though, so all I can do is throw meaningless buzz words and hope.

A research action into armour would be much better at applying prosthesis knowledge to armour than a design action, as currently it is an entire leg we're replacing rather than applying enhancements to.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42